Author Topic: Archduke Lorenz & Marie Astrid of Belgium, their family  (Read 37144 times)

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
  • To Be Useful In All That I Do
    • View Profile
    • Edward III's Descendants
Re: Archduke Lorenz & Marie Astrid of Belgium, their family
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2005, 11:53:01 AM »
 :o  Thanks Lucien and Linnea!!! Wonderful piccies!!!  :D :D :D

Princess Astrid is a handsome woman, IMO. She must have been lovely when young.

Does anyone else think it slightly unusual that she was a rather advanced 41 when Laeticia was born, and Amedeo was already 17 years old?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Prince_Lieven »
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
-Sherlock Holmes

"Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget."

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2005, 12:27:11 PM »
The (then Prince and Princess of Liege)King and Queen with Prince Filip and Princess Astrid,
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1077190216&str...

Wee little Princess Astrid and her elder brother Filip,
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1075273333&str...

and for you Prince_Lieven....

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz,
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1070708545&str...

It's not out of the ordinary,I think,to have a child when the eldest one is in his/her adolescense.
Another "Royal example"being (ao)Queen Anne-Marie of Greece,Princess Alexia,Prince Pavlos and
Prince Nikolaos were about the same age as Amedeo when Princess Theodora and Prince Philippos
were born.It happens in many families.
It's called a Nesthäckgen in german,and a Nakomertje in dutch... :D
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2005, 12:32:14 PM »
Merci beaucoup, Lucien!  :D Astrid was lovely as a young woman - a shame Lorenz is not at all handsome. He looks like the sort of man who was born bald!  ;D Very tall though.

I meant not so much that Amedeo was 17 when his youngest sister was born, but that Astrid was 41 . . . I would think that even in these days, when most do not have children till their 30s, that 41 is quite an advanced age - like the Countess of Wessex in England.
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
-Sherlock Holmes

Linnea

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2005, 05:57:41 AM »

I meant not so much that Amedeo was 17 when his youngest sister was born, but that Astrid was 41 . . . I would think that even in these days, when most do not have children till their 30s, that 41 is quite an advanced age - like the Countess of Wessex in England.

Well, I think this age is ok. My mother was 43 when she gave birth to my youngest sister...

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2005, 06:07:50 AM »
Well, I think this age is ok. My mother was 43 when she gave birth to my youngest sister...

No, no, I was not saying I disapproved or anything, I was just saying that I considered it unusual. <Groan> That's the trouble with cyber-chat - because no one can hear the tone of your voice, you're so often likely to be misunderstood.  :-/

And Tatia, what does it matter that Amedeo is not a pop star? If girls think he is handsome let them have their fun, I say!  :D
-Sherlock Holmes

Offline Tatia

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2005, 07:10:15 AM »
Read your own post:

That's the trouble with cyber-chat - because no one can hear the tone of your voice, you're so often likely to be misunderstood

I didn't say it 'mattered' (is that a word :-/)

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2005, 08:55:38 AM »
that's a bit too much, I think, he's not a pop singer or anything...

Well, I would take 'that's a bit too much' as meaning that you thought it mattered (and yes, that is a word
;)). Obviously I misunderstood you. What, then, did you mean by saying it was 'too much'?
-Sherlock Holmes

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2005, 08:58:23 AM »

No, no, I was not saying I disapproved or anything, I was just saying that I considered it unusual. <Groan> That's the trouble with cyber-chat - because no one can hear the tone of your voice, you're so often likely to be misunderstood.  :-/

And Tatia, what does it matter that Amedeo is not a pop star? If girls think he is handsome let them have their fun, I say!  :D

grinning...I must have heard you groaning...you're right,intonations are not clear at (most) times.
Nonetheless,I don't think it unusual at all,certainly not if you look at the last decades or two,
where carrierres "come first"and kids later,not as a rule,but there is a significant increase.

And as to Amedeo,he will,ofcourse,remain a Prince all his life,a popstar(or wannabees)go by
the craze of the day,mostly,if not only.Even tho there is a "tendency"to threat Royals as"stars",
the latter,in general,will never even come close.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2005, 09:05:59 AM »
Princess Maria Laura of Belgium
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1090486879&str...

Her schoolbus was involved in an accident,about two weeks ago,and she was among the injured.
Thank God,none had severe injuries but the Princess,and several others,were atmitted to hospital for overnight observation.She was released the next day.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2005, 09:06:25 AM »
It seems that Amedeo's 'Prince of Belgium' style comes before that of 'Archduke of Austria' etc, but is he styled HRH or HI & RH? The same goes for his siblings.  ???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Prince_Lieven »
-Sherlock Holmes

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2005, 09:07:52 AM »
Princess Maria Laura of Belgium
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1090486879&str...

Her schoolbus was involved in an accident,about two weeks ago,and she was among the injured.
Thank God,none had severe injuries but the Princess,and several others,were atmitted to hospital for overnight observation.She was released the next day.

Oooh, she does not look happy in that pic!

She was very look - several months ago a schoolbus crashed here and many girls were very seriously injured.
-Sherlock Holmes

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2005, 09:15:34 AM »
It seems that Amedeo's 'Prince of Belgium' style comes before that of 'Archduke of Austria' etc, but is he styled HRH or HI & RH? The same goes for his siblings.  ???

Yes,the HRH Prince Amedeo of Belgium(as he's a member of a ruling House)comes first,
followed by HIRH ArchDuke of Austria,Prince of Hungary and Bohemia.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2005, 09:28:19 AM »
Thank you, Lucien.

Now, I wonder if anyone knows the history behind the names of Astrid's children:

Obviously the 'Philippe' in Amedeo's name comes from the Duke of Brabant.

The 'Zita' in Maria Laura's name probably comes from Zita of Bourbon Parma, last Austro-Hungarian Empress.

The same goes for the 'Zita' in Laetitia's name.

What about the other names? Joachim? Luisa Maria? Martine? Nora? Beatrix (After the Dutch Queen?)?

Can anyone shed any light?
-Sherlock Holmes

Offline Tatia

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2005, 10:32:41 AM »
What I meant was, exchanging photographs is something you do of your favorite singer/band, but (in my opinion, at least) not of a Prince.
Amedeo only has his (good ;)) looks, and his 'Princeness', but I don't know why this would be a reason to become a fan of him (but I suppose a lot of girls are, and that's why they're exchanging photos)