Author Topic: Frederik V1 and his Family  (Read 22839 times)

Offline kmerov

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Frederik V1 and his Family
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 06:48:57 PM »
And two pictures of Vilhelmine.

Offline Vasaborg

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 02:36:59 PM »
Are there any descendants of Frederik VI s natural children alive today?

Offline Zanthia

• Boyar
  • "She always made other women look common"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2007, 04:58:27 PM »
Neither Vilhelmine nor Caroline had any children. Sadly for Queen Marie, she adored children, and would have loved to be a grandmother. But I don't know if any of King Frederik's illegimate children had any. Maybe Kmerov knows?
Of Alix: "I was raised in an age of beautiful women, and the two most beautiful was the Empress Elisabeth of Austria and my own mother"  George V

"We've invited all the beautiful women we know, but the Princess of Wales in the most beautiful of them all"  Bertie

Offline Vasaborg

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2007, 04:19:46 PM »
I was surprised while researching Frederick VI that a descendant of his natural daughter by his mistress Frederikke Dannermand married into a relation of the the royal family of Denmark! Dagmar daughter of Frederick VIII married Carl Frederick Castenkiold, and he married Bente Grevenkop- Castenskiold whose ancestor was  Caroline daughter of Frederick VI and his mistress Frederikke Dannemand!.

Offline Norbert

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2008, 05:28:26 AM »
I would be interested to know how Denmark considered the reign of Frederik VII, two marriages ending in divorce and marriage to Css Danner. Were people shocked? 

Offline kmerov

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2008, 09:05:59 PM »
Frederik VII was and remains one of the more popular kings of Denmark. He was popular among the people for granting Denmark a constitution, and for his down to earth manners. The upper classes disliked his marriage to Louise Rasmussen, Fief Countess of Danner, among them Prince Christian (IX) and especially his wife, Princess Louise. One time when she was out driving she noticed the carriage of the king coming towards her, and to her horror the Countess was in it with the king. That ment that she was forced to acknowledge her when greeting the king, an even greater horror for her. :) Luckily the Countess had the tact to turn her head away as if not noticing her, which was a great relief to Louise. That was the only time she "met" the Countess.

Offline Norbert

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2008, 01:53:19 PM »
thank you. Did the countess keep in the background or did she play any role in society?

Offline kmerov

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »
You are welcome. The Countess didn't play a role in high society, since everyone disliked her. She was much more loved in the country side by the common people where she and Frederik would travel frequently. She did take some part in politics, and even a brief cabinet, 1859-1860 was known as the Countess's cabinet.

Offline Norbert

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2008, 08:38:15 AM »
 It would be interesting to know more about the Countess. Did she raise her siblings and son into privilege? What was the Countess's Cabinate. Also as a side line his uncle Here Prince Ferdinand had two natural daughters.  Did they play any role in society or were they hidden away? I know of one grand daughter Anna Fernanda Dreyer any others please?

Offline kmerov

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2008, 07:12:06 PM »
Countess Danners son was put of for adoption and spend his life in England running a large estate. He only met his mother after Frederik VII's death, and then only abroad. Rumor has it that the first Danish constitution was signed on his birthday, so that the entire country would flag on his birthday every year. He died in 1908 in a car accident. The Countess's cabinet was a short lived Danish government, that was rumored to be closely associated with the Countess, hence the name.

The natural daughters of Prince Ferdinand didn't play any large role in society, but were known by the royal family and Christian IX later knew all of Ferdinands grandchildren and greeted them when he met them. I don't know their names though.

Offline Norbert

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 01:33:52 PM »
thank you for that..any idea which estate in UK he ran? Ferdinand's dau were  by Marie Clausen whose sister Margarethe was misress to Wilhelm of Hesse:
1) Vilhelmine Clausen + 1892 =Christian Lakjaer +1892,
 2) Marie Fredderikke Clausen + 1886 = Ferdinand Dreyer + 1924 ( 5 daughters)

Offline kmerov

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 08:49:30 AM »
You are welcome.
No, I don't know which estate he ran, but it was quite large.
Yes, Prince Wilhelm of Hesse-Philipsthal-Barchfeld who was married to Prince Ferdiands sister, Princess Juliane had an long affair with Margarethe Clausen and she had five daughters with him.

Offline Norbert

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2008, 04:47:53 PM »
thank you for that..any idea which estate in UK he ran? Ferdinand's dau were  by Marie Clausen whose sister Margarethe was misress to Wilhelm of Hesse:
1) Vilhelmine Clausen + 1892 =Christian Lakjaer +1892,
 2) Marie Fredderikke Clausen + 1886 = Ferdinand Dreyer + 1924 ( 5 daughters)

would be very pleased if you knew of any issue of these two women, i.e. the 5 girls of madam Dreyer . many thanks