Author Topic: Royal Hats  (Read 81939 times)

Offline Donielle

• View Profile
Re: Royal Hats
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2005, 11:14:32 AM »
She has quite a pleasant smile in these photos.The large hat conceals those twinkling eyes.I'd LOVE to see her in smaller hats.The bold blue is wonderful on her,as rich pink would be.Please no jokes but sincerely she would look sensational in red.We have all commented on the Rich purple,so suitable as well.I do like her in linen and velvet for fabric choices.The milliner has not her best interest in my regard,she needs the right look.Large, ornate hats have their spotlight on certain occasions.I wonder if she is conciously modeling her choices,based on the late Queen mother.-D

Offline Donielle

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2005, 11:18:25 AM »
Actually,on second thought remove the feathers and lift it up a bit.Add a hat ribbon in the same shade of the hat with a small bow to the back,Voila,understated elegance.Emmie,if only she would consult US!-D

Offline emeraldeyes

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2005, 12:24:14 PM »
Anyone know the duchess' email address?  Maybe some anonymous pointers would be appropriate.

An intelligent Hell would be better than a stupid paradise.  - Victor Hugo

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2005, 02:09:33 PM »
That's the hat she wore at the naval review in the Solent which marked the Trafalgar celebrations.

I thought it looked fantastic in repose - as it were.   In the breeze, these ostrich feathers are wild.   She looks, unlike that flightless bird, as if she is about to take off...wheeeeeee.

tsaria

Offline Lass

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2005, 04:04:24 PM »
Lol, tsaria! ;D

Found this. Doesn't compare to the Duchess' display, but I thought it had a place in this thread.

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2005, 05:14:56 PM »
Now, that is an upside down flower pot if ever I saw one Lass.

tsaria

Offline Donielle

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2005, 06:16:49 PM »
That's the hat she wore at the naval review in the Solent which marked the Trafalgar celebrations.

I thought it looked fantastic in repose - as it were.   In the breeze, these ostrich feathers are wild.   She looks, unlike that flightless bird, as if she is about to take off...wheeeeeee.

tsaria
Trafalgar?Was she imitating Lord Nelson? ;D

Offline Ssyentz

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2005, 11:05:19 PM »

There you go!

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2005, 06:28:52 AM »
Having seen this hat in repose, I can only conclude that  neither Camilla or her milliner reckoned on the propensity of feathers to fly.

tsaria

Offline Donielle

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2005, 08:57:13 AM »
Looking at that smile(she looks so similar to Charles doesn't she?)I'm moved to say,I wish her the best.None of us are perfect,and I feel she has suffered tremendously and probably will always have to deal with the most unpleasant situations and attitudes.For this I wish her strength and fortitude.I also truly hope that whatever has made her smile so on this day,in this photo, wll find it's way to her often.She looks very happy and relaxed.-D

NAAOTMA

« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2005, 10:31:53 AM »
I liked the hat on the Duchess of Cornwall when I saw it posted awhile back---it was just a head shot, and the feathers were still. But seeing her full length with the hat, and the feathers in motion is quite a different story. The Duchess might be advised to avoid hats that have been put on steroids! If it blew off her head, it could injure any hapless bystander, or give the Prince of Wales bruises or worse. Let's hear it for hats with brims that are not wider than Camilla's shoulders, at the very least. As noted above, why oh why not a generous pillbox ala Mrs. Kennedy? Since the hair is not going to change, that style would work the best, and not be a WMD on a breezy day.  

Offline Donielle

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2005, 10:37:55 AM »
My suggestion from the day of the wedding Fascinator,up to present.The hair she apparently likes full volume ala Linda Evans /Dynasty???Remember????The small hat therefore is essential.She does bear a slight resemblance to Linda Evans,anyone with a pic of Linda?-D

Offline emeraldeyes

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2005, 10:55:04 AM »

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:55:44 PM by Alixz »
An intelligent Hell would be better than a stupid paradise.  - Victor Hugo

Offline Donielle

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2005, 11:14:57 AM »
Never mind............ :(

Offline Donielle

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2005, 11:36:19 AM »
Oh my,it is almost like the portrait of Dorian Gray!Back up to the attic with that one!-D :-[