Author Topic: Romanov Autumn by Charlotte Zeepvat  (Read 59218 times)

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
Re: Romanov Autumn by Charlotte Zeepvat
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »
New copies seem to be scarce again, but used ones shouldn't be too hard to find. Amazon.uk has secondhand paperbacks starting as low as 7.70. Also, try searching by ISBN (0750944188) on BookFinder.com. They're showing a number of copies in the $30 range right now, shipping included.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Ena

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 28, 2009, 06:54:07 PM »
I see this thread has  been going on for a few years now, but I had to add; "I LOVE THIS BOOK!"  It draws a beautiful picture of the family as a whole....aunts, uncles, cousins...the ups and downs that makes each family unique.  It has also helped me keep the different people/branches of the family straight....it "fleshes out" the people behind the history...
I love this book for the reasons you stated.  It's a nice break once in a while from the regular NAOTMAA books. 

Offline Zella

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2012, 11:12:54 AM »
I was lucky enough to stumble across "Romanov Autumn" by Charlotte Zeepvat in a used book store in the US.  at a good price too!

I love this book!  evocative of the time periods, new (to me) photographs, balanced portrayals of the various personalities of the time, the palaces, the politics.  and her beautiful drawings!!

one of the best books on the Romanovs!  highly recommended if you can find it.