Author Topic: Frozen Tears  (Read 78334 times)

Offline Olga Bernice

• Graf
  • <-*Photo Courtesy: GD Ally*
    • View Profile
    • Colors Of The Rose
Re: Frozen Tears
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2011, 03:56:39 PM »
Great site, Laura! I love it!

Have you put the interview with Sarushka on Frozen Tears yet? I could be wrong, but I didn't see it whenever I visited.

Thanks!
Mashka . . . Olya . . . Tatya . . . Nastya

Many thanks to Laura Mabee for the banner!!

"We played on the swing, that was when I roared with laughter, the fall was so wonderful! Indeed!"
ANR, May 7, 1918

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2011, 09:26:40 PM »
Good eye Olga! Sarah's interview was not up at that point... but it is now!!

Check it out!

Offline RHB

• Boyar
  • Four Sisters Always Remembered
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »
AWESOME! I just read it! Go Sarah! I can't wait for the book to come out!  ;D
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline Olga Bernice

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • Colors Of The Rose
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2011, 03:44:49 PM »
Laura and Sarushka both, that's wonderful! It's a great interview. Thanks for posting it , Laura!

"We played on the swing, that was when I roared with laughter, the fall was so wonderful! Indeed!"
ANR, May 7, 1918

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2011, 12:42:53 AM »
I second Olga B. yesterday evening i had the time of my life reading sarushka's interview. Si interesting! Thank you very much to both of you!
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »
What a wonderful interview! And I love the picture, too! That Edwardian dress!  :D Reading it makes me even more excited for this!!!  ;D
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2011, 11:18:25 AM »
Thanks Guys!
It seems the image with the link doesn't work anymore (oops! It was my own doing too.. I don't allow direct linking to images to the point that I can't use it myself, haha!)
Here is the image with the link again:

Also, today I will be announcing on my facebook page how you can win a copy of The Lost Crown! So stay tuned! 

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »
Minor update today:

New Documentary
Infamous Assassinations: The Assassination of Nicholas II

New Contest
Enter to win a copy of The Lost Crown!
The contest is simple enough, email me (lmabee @ frozentears.org ) a picture of how you keep the memory of the Romanovs alive! The photo can be of anything! Art, your bookself, your work!
Each photo will be put to a poll on the Frozentears.org Facebook page, and the top 5 photos with the most votes win!

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2011, 10:44:05 PM »
Small update today to mark the 110th Anniversary of the Grand Duchess Anastasia's Birth!

Remember, there is still time to submit to the contest for a copy of The Lost Crown.

Offline Olga Bernice

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • Colors Of The Rose
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2011, 10:48:31 PM »
Oh, Laura, I LOVE YOUR SITE!! I had not known about it before joining this Forum, and it's now one of my favorites. It's so beautiful!

Not the point. I love your new additions. The only documentary I've ever seen was the Biography "Anastasia". It's funny, isn't it? It's called Anastasia, but most of it focuses on Anna Anderson.

Anyway, I'll have to see about getting some of the others. Which one was your favorite?

PS - I would have tried to win a copy of The Lost Crown, but I had already pre-ordered it from Amazon. Oh, well.

ANR, May 7, 1918

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2011, 12:27:33 AM »
Thanks so much Olga.B! You're very kind.
I don't know if I have a favourite documentary to be honest! There are so many good ones out there. I really do favor The Last Days of the Last Tsar, the new one about the White Duchesses, and of course, for nostalgia sake, I loved the old Discovery Channel one. : D

UPDATE TIME GUYS!
- New Documentary, New Score, and NEW ARTIST INTERVIEW!
Our very own AP members, Imperial Grounds and BlessOTMA helped make this update possible! Check out the site and let me know what you think!

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2011, 06:50:52 AM »
Stunning. Simply STUNNING!

First of all, i have to confess my affection to Annie is of a very special kind; she has the same age of my mom, but i feel her like a older sister.
Then, as i've already written somewhere, Annie's work is special to me, expecially the ones where she "catches" pieces of life. The one of Tatiana writing at her table in Tobolsk is my favourite; since i'm working on a novel about otma in exile, i looked at this painting in a special way, and it really helped me SEE that very moment. I always see my carachters moving in my head vefore i write about them, but having no artistic skills (i mean painting and drawing) the images in my mind never go out, since i can hardly hold a pencil in my hand!
It's like Annie could draw down what i saw in my mind, and to me this is simply stunning. So, now i have something to look at while writing, and this is the very best i can wish, because when my eyes are open to type on my pc, the images in my mind become blurry, and they make clearer only if i shut my eyes; of course i can't write if they are still shut, so giving a look at Annie's work is like having my mind images fixed there, in front of me, and wiriting becomes so easier...
Please visit my site

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2011, 08:52:59 AM »
Thanks you Laura for the documentry, also... it was stunningly beautiful!
I liked evertthing, but most of all i laughed till having tears watching what Anastasia could do in EVERY footage... Once she waves at the camera, another time she lifts her skirt (looking for something?) in front of the camera, another time again a train's coming, Alexej run straight through the railway lines (!!!), Derevenkocatches him but Nastja go to the railway linea anyway... the realizes the train&the camera and run back...
I've always imagined such things, but seeing them REALLY... i was crying for too much laugh!
Please visit my site

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2011, 09:04:29 AM »
Thanks for the kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed the update!

Offline Olga Bernice

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • Colors Of The Rose
« Reply #179 on: July 26, 2011, 05:40:33 PM »
Congrats, Laura and blessOTMA! Wow - I didn't realize you were so good! And to think - all this time a celebrity has been in the midst, and for once, I didn't know it!  ;)

ANR, May 7, 1918