Author Topic: Frozen Tears  (Read 78357 times)

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Frozen Tears
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2008, 01:38:33 PM »
Oh, thank you for Fall of Eagles, Laura! I've been wanting to see it.

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2008, 05:20:27 PM »
Wonderful, Laura!

I just recently discovered all the sheet music. I have no idea how I missed it before but I'm thrilled!! I've learned how to play the song from the 1950's Anastasia film now. :D
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline sgc

• "Everyone can master a grief but he that has it."
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2008, 06:15:26 PM »
Perhaps this has been asked before of you, but I've been wondering: how was the name Frozen Tears chosen for the website and what is its significance?

Offline halen

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2008, 01:32:27 PM »
Love this site.

I discovered that the site has a download on learning to speak Russian. I have been cracking up my partner as I attempt (horribly) to follow along.

I'm having fun with it, and once I get my sorry self back to work, I can dazzle my Russian co-worker (she is from Moscow) with my new found language skills.

Louise

There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

When he shall die
Take him and cut him out into stars
And he shall make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,

RomanovsFan4Ever

« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2009, 03:37:55 PM »
Oh Laura, I love this web site! :)
This is my favorite site about the Romanovs!, here I have seen all the movies about the Imperial Family, thank you very much for this wonderful web site! :)

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2009, 07:22:28 AM »
Thank you RF4E!
Unfortunately the site is on a temporary hiatus while I'm in Russia. But once I get back, I'll update! ^_^

Offline markjhnstn

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2009, 04:29:41 AM »
Yes Laura, your website is just superb!!  A++++++++++

Hope you are enjoying Russia!

RomanovsFan4Ever

« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2009, 07:52:38 AM »
Thank you RF4E!
Unfortunately the site is on a temporary hiatus while I'm in Russia. But once I get back, I'll update! ^_^

Oh WOW!, I'd like to visit Russia!, thank you again for the wonderful web site.  :)

Offline halen

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2009, 07:46:26 AM »
Laura, I hope when you get back we get to hear all about your time in Russia and you post the pictures you took. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Until then, take care and enjoy!

Louise
There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?

When he shall die
Take him and cut him out into stars
And he shall make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2009, 12:13:11 AM »
Is there any way to download the documentaries there? oh please, I'm so desperate to get to watch all of them

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2011, 02:28:47 PM »
Quote from: halen
Laura, I hope when you get back we get to hear all about your time in Russia and you post the pictures you took. I can't wait to hear all about it.
Thanks so much.
I'm sorry to say that I did not keep up with my blog as I planned. But I do have some things you can read about the trip here. (WARNING: Image Heavy!) I also uploaded a few images from the trip here and here if you're still interested (I am so sorry with how long it has taken me to respond to most of these questions!!! )

Quote from: sgc
Perhaps this has been asked before of you, but I've been wondering: how was the name Frozen Tears chosen for the website and what is its significance?
You know, I actually came up with the name when I was in high school. I had been planning on a website for a number of years, and when I thought of this name it just stuck. To be honest, I have been debating about renaming the site for sometime now. I am worried that it may sound to .... melodramatic. I was debating new names such as weseven.org or redeveloping naotmaa.org, etc. I am unsure now. When I asked about redeveloping the site I got a lot of feedback with people who preferred "Frozentears.org". So I may just stick with it, what does everyone think?

Quote from: Grand Princess Shandroise
Is there any way to download the documentaries there? oh please, I'm so desperate to get to watch all of them
Yes mame! Just right click>save as the links to the clips.

Opinion Time!
I need opinions of everyone regarding the future of Frozentears.org. First, I must say, I apologize for the delay in updates. It is not because I don't have updates, it really is because I have bad time management. I'm in the midst of doing a huge overhaul on Frozentears.org (Design, and more content! - like many more audiobooks/documentaries/movies, etc in both Russian and English.) I don't know how long it'll take, but the hope is for a spring/summer release. At least for content anyway. We'll see what happens.

Here is where I need your opinions!
I have downloaded a lot of content to share, but as technology changes so does the size of things. Many of the files that I would like to share are rather large! (Over a Gb)
I'm looking for a way to share large sized files in smaller bits. I'm unsure if I should just compress big files into smaller zip/rar files, or go with HJSplit. Any suggestions? ideas?

Also.... as a teaser for an upcoming update, I may be interviewing a phenomenal author whose work is due to come out this spring/summer. Stay tuned!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 02:31:45 PM by Laura Mabee »

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2011, 03:22:49 PM »
Laura, thanks for sharing the photos from your trip. When I'm finished replying, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the tour! I can't wait to see the new look for the site as well as all the new things you're going to put up. I can't tell you how much I enjoy the videos in particular.

I like the name Frozen Tears too, but at the same time We Seven is rather striking as well.

As for the files, my only concern is quality. Would the process of compressing the files diminish the video quality? If not, I think I'd rather they be done that way and stay all in one file rather than split.

*edit* Wonderful photos, Laura! But I'm so disappointed that I can't click on the ones on Facebook, particularly the ones taken on the Children's Island. I've never seen any taken so close to the little house!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:38:24 PM by EmmyLee »

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2011, 09:08:06 PM »
Laura, thanks for sharing the photos from your trip. *edit* Wonderful photos, Laura! But I'm so disappointed that I can't click on the ones on Facebook, particularly the ones taken on the Children's Island. I've never seen any taken so close to the little house!
Thanks EmmyLee! I apprecaite your kind compliments! I'm sorry the images didn't enlarge. I can post the full ones on here once I get home to my computer.

As for the files, my only concern is quality. Would the process of compressing the files diminish the video quality? If not, I think I'd rather they be done that way and stay all in one file rather than split.
I agree 100%. I am not willing to loose quality. If I take a high quality file (that is about 1.6Gb), and split the file into four 400Mb pieces (say with either winrar/winzip or hjsplit.) and then put the pieces online to download. Once someone downloads all the pieces and puts them back together again, the file will be 1.6Gb.
What those programs do, is take one large piece and split it for easier downloading.

It is kind of like a puzzle. I take a large puzzle, split it into 4 pieces, each piece is needed for the puzzle to work, but once all the pieces are downloaded and together it makes a large puzzle. No quality loss. My concern would be that the process of this may confuse people.

I really appreciate the feedback! It is really important to me to know what everyone thinks, because in the end, this website is for you guys. So here is another question for you guys, would everyone like documentaries, etc on people/places close to NAOTMAA? For example, a documentary on Olga A. or Mathilde K.?  What does everyone think about a section for "legends" which will have Anna Anderson, Rasputin, etc documentaries?

Edited: For Clarity. I think I was confused when I wrote my initial post.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:23:35 PM by Laura Mabee »

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2011, 09:12:37 PM »
I admit that I'm still confused about the splitting. Would the end result be several different files to download and then you watch one video segment and move on to the other? Assassin of the Tsar was split, wasn't it, as well as other videos? That method works for me, although if possible, it's nice to have just one video. Sorry, I'm not much help.

I wouldn't mind seeing a documentary on Olga A. or others.

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2011, 09:28:52 PM »
I admit that I'm still confused about the splitting. Would the end result be several different files to download and then you watch one video segment and move on to the other? Assassin of the Tsar was split, wasn't it, as well as other videos? That method works for me, although if possible, it's nice to have just one video. Sorry, I'm not much help.
I apologize, I think I just made it sound more confusing than it really is. I tried to edit my earlier post to make it sound more clear.
But yes, you're right. The process would make several files to download for one show. But unlike Assassin of the Tsar,  you cannot play the file until all pieces are downloaded. I know it sounds more inconvenient, but in the end it actually keeps the file size down. I really don't have a problem with leaving the file as one big download, my concern is that it may be inconvenient for people to download because it is so large.

I'm sorry if I made it even more confusing, I think I am having trouble articulating myself tonight. : P