Author Topic: Prince William and Prince Harry in the Military  (Read 74605 times)

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Prince William and Prince Harry in the Military
« Reply #255 on: May 19, 2007, 05:12:04 PM »
Well, I agree. It is not totally his fault. All my complaints I made above are not really aimed at him, just commenting on this rather bad situation in general.  :(
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 19, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »

Chelsy is 'thrilled' at Harry's Iraq ban

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=456328&in_page_id=1770&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

Prince Harry may have been devastated to learn he would not be serving on the front line in Iraq - but at least one person has taken the news well.

Chelsy Davy was "thrilled" to learn Army chiefs had banned her 22-year-old boyfriend from the war zone for fear it would be too dangerous.

She gave away her feelings on a page on social networking website Facebook only accessible to her friends.

Chelsy Davy was 'thrilled' to learn Army chiefs had banned her 22-year-old boyfriend from the war zone for fear it would be too dangerous

On Wednesday, the day it was announced that Harry would not go to Iraq, she changed the caption under her picture to read:"Thrilled!!!'

Chelsy, 21, has been consoling Harry, who is said to be "furious and deeply disappointed" he has not been allowed to command his armoured troop.

Army chiefs have given him a fortnight to "decompress" and get over his anger.

The besotted beauty had just splashed out £20,000 on a diamond encrusted Jacob & Co watch as a going-away present before Harry was to set off for Iraq.

The designer watches, which are favoured by the likes of David Beckham, P Diddy, Madonna and JLo, are renowned for their brightly coloured faces and sparkling diamonds all around the rim.

We’re told Harry, 22, has yearned for one of the celeb accessories for quite a while and Chelsy was ready to surprise him with the gift on their last night together before he flies out to the war zone for six months.
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2007, 06:38:34 PM »
Omg.. American Princess? And it's suppose to to air just days before Diana's death anniversary? How tacky. Paul Burrell should be completely ashamed of himself, cashing in on Diana's death. Gee!

Harry and Chelsy look adorable and totally in love in the first pic, even if Chelsy seems to look so orange. :D

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2007, 02:16:25 AM »
Burrell is constantly cashing in on his former royal connections. Look at his new brand of wine!  ::)
H and C do look quite in love. Still, I can's stand Chelsy's fashion sense!

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2007, 04:07:12 AM »
S-R, one of my best mates has one of those watches. I think they are terribly gaudy. He bought his at a hign end shop, but it did not cost 22 thousand pounds. Beleive me, he could have afforded it if it did, but he did not pay that. Pure publicity.  Make people want something they cannot possibly afford, they will buy the cheap knock-off instead.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline scarlett_riviera

• Boyar
  • Spear Britney!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2007, 07:01:51 AM »
Yeah, the watch seemed like something P. Diddy would wear! Way too much bling that shouts "look at meeee!" - not that there's anything terribly wrong with that. lol

In memory of Grand Duke Dimitri! The man had style.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2007, 11:14:39 AM »
Funny, I just came accross an ad for the watch in one of the Sunday suplements. I shall check the shops when I move into London on Monday.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #262 on: May 20, 2007, 02:35:40 PM »
Further discussions of Paul Burrell might be better placed in one of the threads about Diana rather than on the service of William & Harry in the military. Also, any gifts to Harry might be better discussed in the thread on the prince's lovelives (since that's what this basically comes down to as it was a gift from his girlfriend).
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2007, 07:27:57 PM »
Yeah, hard call, GDElla. On the one hand it is from his girlfriend, but supposedly FOR his military service! on the other. I was thinking of getting one for my partner [USAF-ret.] but, although he likes gaudy, flashy jewelry, it is just a bit too "common" for him now. Suits Harry though, for the moment.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 05, 2007, 04:15:02 AM »
Apparently Harry is in training in Canada ahead of his,possible,deployment to Helmand province,Afghanistan,according to several international sources.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2007, 05:43:18 AM »
According to other sources, in Afghanistan - like its 'neighbour', Iraq - instead of winning the 'War Against Terror', the situation is becoming increasingly hostile, volatile and, consequently, more dangerous.   Therefore, it is now being suggested that Harry's deployment to Afghanistan will be 'barred' by army top brass.

tsaria

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2007, 05:55:41 AM »
Just what are they to do with him then? All that costly, elite military training for just another "show prince"? I do not think for a minute that is what Harry wants.
BTW, I also do not think Iraq & Afghanistan are "neighbours". Whoever that source was should have looked at a map.

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2007, 03:04:57 PM »
I'm aware of the geography Robert.   When I wrote 'neighbours', it was written in quotes.

Although not geographical neighbours, I'm sure you will agree that their are 'neighbours'/'cousins'/'partners' - most importantly, would the probably identify each other as such, in the 'War Against Terror'

tsaria

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2007, 05:15:46 PM »
 :) Of course I know, you know, Tsaria. I was referring to the same source you did, whoever that source may be. Not you.
In any case, what is to to be done with Harry? As both scenarios are equally dangerous, what would the difference be? There is great dissent with involvement in Iraq, justified, imo. Yet, Afghanistan is thought of more righteously as liberating a country from Pol Pot type doctrainism as well as hitting the guys who did 9/11. Also justified, imo.  The political bombshell or the rightheous cause ?

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2007, 06:07:07 PM »
What is to be done with Harry should be that he stays on in the military, gets on with it and does what he's told.  A large percentage of those who serve in the forces probably never see active service nor expect to, though many would perhaps like to.  Why is he different from them?