Author Topic: WHAT WOULD THEY THOUGHT  (Read 12056 times)

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT WOULD THEY THOUGHT
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2005, 10:42:50 AM »
I meant that the last posting to this topic was excellant. ;)

Offline Aline

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2005, 11:12:23 AM »
Why should the children be happy or flattered? They were so young and they all had their lives to live. It all ended in so cruel way in that massacre. Perhaps they woyuld have been happier just to stay alive and to be allowed to live and to be happy. After all, they were too young tio die and nobody shouldn`t be murdered. Aline

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2005, 12:19:54 PM »
That is very true, but they would be hapy we remember them, so many years after their deaths. That we see the children as role models, to to emulated, I think that would please them. But we must remember we don't really know what they would have thought. They should have been alllowed their lives. Premature death is never happy, but then only the good die young. ;)

BeautyQueen

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 02:11:21 PM »
I believe the Romanov family would be flattered and very thankful people still remember them.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 07:53:08 PM »
Why should the children be happy or flattered? They were so young and they all had their lives to live. It all ended in so cruel way in that massacre. Perhaps they woyuld have been happier just to stay alive and to be allowed to live and to be happy. After all, they were too young tio die and nobody shouldn`t be murdered. Aline

I'm sure they would have rather stayed alive, but sadly, they didn't. We're just saying that since they DID die, they might be happy they didn't fade with time.

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 09:56:10 AM »
Yes, they haven't faded with time, if anything, they have gotten stronger.

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 12:34:19 AM »
I don't know about Nicholas or Alexandra but I'm sure OTMAA all appreciate how much all of us love them and remember them. Who wouldn't want to be remembered so fondly and so strongly as they are?
OTMA would probably be very flattered and would be pleased they could've made such an impact on peoples lives. Anastasia, for sure, would've been thrilled.
Personally, I'm certain they know.. ;D
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Jebediha

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 04:35:54 PM »
I think they know they are looking at us from heaven or where ever they are together in spirit. Smiling and tanking us for remembering them

Offline Felicia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 12:04:23 PM »
I think, they would have been happy - because they are still remembered, of course! Especially now!
I'm sorry for possible mistakes

Multiverse

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 06:02:40 PM »
It's too bad we cannot somehow reach back and forth across that "barrier" of time or between life and death, here and the hereafter so that they themselves could post here and let us know their feelings about this forum, and share in discussion here. Certainly OTMAA would have loved that I think, like most young people they would have fallen in love with computers and the internet. I'm not sure about Alexandra, but given his interest in the newest of the new technologies, Imagine the fun Nicholas II would have had with computers and the internet.

I am_Tatianochka

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 10:11:17 AM »
It's too bad we cannot somehow reach back and forth across that "barrier" of time or between life and death, here and the hereafter so that they themselves could post here and let us know their feelings about this forum, and share in discussion here. Certainly OTMAA would have loved that I think, like most young people they would have fallen in love with computers and the internet. I'm not sure about Alexandra, but given his interest in the newest of the new technologies, Imagine the fun Nicholas II would have had with computers and the internet.

Nicely said...I was thinking along the same lines.

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »

You put that so well. Certainly, it's to be wished the lives of the Romanovs could have continued, but since they didn't, we carry their lives on in some ways by posting here.

Offline jehan

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 11:42:11 AM »
While I'm sure that they would be flattered to be remembered, I'm sure that they would be horrified by the somewhat obsessive personal details that strangers are interested in-  their waist measurements, their lips, whether or not they had acne, their health etc.  I wouldn't like people talking about me in that way!

I realize that they are historical characters, and that those things are fair game, and people are interested in such things.  But despite what we may want to think- I don't think that they would like being discussed in such detail.  and that's what was asked here.  JMHO. of course. ;-)
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in. 
(leonard Cohen)

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 09:08:17 PM »
I think that NAOTMAA, wherever they are now, must be smiling that they are still remembered and talked about, nearly a century after their lives were tragically cut short.  None of us here knew them, or were even born when they were alive.  Yet here we are, talking about them, celebrating their birthdays, musing on their lives and time.  

Lenin and his thugs wanted to obliterate the IF from history.  Well, needless to say, they failed, and I'm glad they did.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline Michael HR

• Knyaz
  • Imperial Corps Des Pages
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 10:08:34 AM »
I think they would be rather touched in general. the Empress would not be terribly happy with regard to all the private information but all an all we show in our discussions and research just who was The Emperor, Empress and the family were and the positive contributions they made.
Remembering the Imperial Corps Des Pages - The Spirit of Imperial Russia