Author Topic: Balcony Pictures  (Read 90255 times)

Offline Grand Duke

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ABSOLUTE POWER!
    • View Profile
Re: Balcony Pictures
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2005, 04:16:52 PM »

The Room that leads to the Balcony!
I'm THE GRAND DUKE of LIPTON-upon-AVON ! Please to meet you. I'm glad you know my name!

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2005, 04:28:47 PM »

A camera operator can be seen filming from inside the Buckingham Palace, one of the Queen's official residences, in London, Friday Oct. 7, 2005. United States' ABC network's Good Morning America television program will broadcast live from inside the palace in a bid to boost the UK's tourism industry. It is the first time such a television venture has taken place at the Queen's royal residences, which also included a live broadcast from the Windsor Castle Thursday. (AP Photo/Lefteris Pitarakis)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by palimpsest »
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2005, 04:31:43 PM »

Picture released by the British Royal Air Force of the fly-past over Buckingham Palace, London Sunday July 10, 2005, to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II. (AP Photo/ SAC Scott Robertson/CROWN COPYRIGHT) ** NO SALES **
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by palimpsest »
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2005, 06:13:13 PM »
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2005, 06:25:02 PM »

After the pop concert at Buckingham Palace the Queen lit the last of the National Beacons at the Queen Victoria Memorial which initiated a fabulous firework display and lazer show . Fireworks exploding in a mass of coloured lights over the palace with a crowd of over one million spectators in the Mall. (AP Photo/Tim Graham Picture Library)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2005, 06:41:53 PM »

Simone Clarke, who plays the Sugar Plum Fairy in the Christmas production of The Nutcracker for the English National Ballet, adjusts her ballet shoes as a member of the Coldstream Guards stands at his post, before she attends a reception held by the Duke of York at Buckingham Palace, in London, Tuesday, Dec.14, 2004. The Duke, who is the dance company's patron, hosted the festive tea party to wish the cast luck for the Christmas run. The Nutcracker, which opens on Dec. 21, will be the first ballet to be performed at the newly-refurbished London Coliseum. (AP Photo / Ben Gurr,The Times / Pool)
I, Claudius

Offline CHRISinUSA

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2005, 10:23:04 AM »

The Royal Family on the balcony at Buckingham Palace after the coronation of King George VI of England. Shown are (from left to right): Queen Elizabeth; Princess Elizabeth; Queen Mary the Queen Mother; Princess Margaret; and King George VI.  

I apologize for switching topics briefly, but what circlet or tiara is Queen Mary wearing in this photo?  I don't believe I've seen it before or since.

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2005, 10:54:26 AM »
I may be wrong but I think that it is the base section of the crown that was made for her Coronation in 1911....does that sound feasible?

Will look it up when I get home.......
'For a galant spirit there can never be defeat'....Wallis Windsor

'The important things is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.'......QV

Offline KatieAnn

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2005, 02:29:25 PM »
I've just spotted this thread and would like to offer a big THANK YOU to palimpsest and gdella for all their hard work.  I've got a new all-singing, all dancing computer and I still can't figure out how to post pictures on this site or any other - so back to the books for me.

I know it's all in good heart but I for one would happily forego the 'pleasure' of leaving home for work on a daily basis, schlepping across town in the cold and wet, just so I could spend the day on the Ally Pally Website, and reading cryptic/baffling/funny remarks from friends across the globe.  Keep it coming folks, if I get 2 minutes during the day to log on at work I do so, and it's usually 2 minutes of gorgeous jewels, OTMAA, or a wander through Alix's Mauve Boudoir.

Again, thanks SO MUCH for the pictures, I do appreciate everyone's hard work and I promise that when I figure out how to post using this new machine from Hades (bet it'll act up now that I've said that) I'll join you on a thread somewhere - which should be around 2065!

:) :)

PS:  In the picture above, is that Princess Beatrice being held by a Nanny at the window?  I'm sure the uniform is either Norland or Princess Christian.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by katieann »
Kathleen

Offline Grand Duke

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ABSOLUTE POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2005, 05:19:57 PM »
Princess Margaret held aloft by GV at the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Kent

How time has changed: when Michael Jackson did the same with his son, the persons were not amused.  :P
I'm THE GRAND DUKE of LIPTON-upon-AVON ! Please to meet you. I'm glad you know my name!

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2005, 05:38:37 PM »
Well the problem with MJ is the baby was actually OVER the side of the balcony. Big difference.  :)

GV is just lifting Margaret up, not dangling her over. He also has a much firmer grip and QM is right there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by grandduchessella »
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2005, 05:40:54 PM »
During the 1935 Jubilee

Offline Grand Duke

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ABSOLUTE POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2005, 06:17:23 PM »
Well the problem with MJ is the baby was actually OVER the side of the balcony. Big difference.  :)
GV is just lifting Margaret up, not dangling her over. He also has a much firmer grip and QM is right there.

Yeah and I think is a lesser height from Buckingham balcony.

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2005, 06:20:40 PM »
Well, if she went over, I think it's still plenty high.  :) As I said, the key is to not dangle a child over a balcony--it's really not the smartest thing.  :)

Offline Grand Duke

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ABSOLUTE POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2005, 06:23:46 PM »
Well, if she went over, I think it's still plenty high.  :) As I said, the key is to not dangle a child over a balcony--it's really not the smartest thing.  :)

Lets send this to MJ.   ;D ;D ;D