Author Topic: Balcony Pictures  (Read 88410 times)

Offline joye

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Balcony Pictures
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2006, 12:55:01 AM »
Re Trooping the Colour - re photo of QEII in uniform of Irish Guards, blue plume in hat- glad to say I have found one myself.
Signed HRH
YaBB 1G-SP1!

Offline royal_netherlands

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2008, 04:28:35 PM »
Bringing back a subject that was taking a break on the last page of the Windsor thread. I always love Royalty standing on a balcony, watching the crowds and looking their royal best. From the British Pathe archive I searched fore some old 'pictures' from the Windsor family on the balcony. And this is a selection I made from it. It are the female members of the Royal Family on Armistice Day in different years and different outfits. Aldo fur is a must have that comes back in every picture. Fore me fur is the symbol of elegance and royalty, in those days and even in these days it gives just the finishing touch. But please enjoy these lovly pictures that show some of are beloved and favorit royal ladies. That are execept fore HM Queen Elizabeth (Princess Elizabeth back then) who is present in the last picute, sadly all past away.

With best wishes from the Netherlands

RN

All pictures from left to right:

Picture number 1: Armistice Day 1934 HRH Princess Marie Louise, HRH Princess Alexandra (Duchess of Fife), HRH Princess Helena Victoria, HRH the Duchess of York and HM Queen Mary. 

Picture number 2: Armistice Day 1936 Just a smal group of Royal ladies HRH Princess Marie Louise, HRH the Duchess of Gloucester, HRH the Duchess of York and HM Queen Mary. The first and the last time of Edward VIII!

Picture number 3: Armistice Day 1938 a bigger group of royal women and even a man at the back: HRH Princess Marie Louise, HRH Princess Nicholas (mother of Princess Marina), HRH the Duchess of Kent, HRH Princess Victoria Helena, unididentifief man, HM Queen Elizabeth, Ex-Queen Ena of Spain (?), HM Queen Mary.

Picture number 4: Armistice Day 1945 HRH Princess Margaret, HM Queen Elizabeth, HM Queen Mary, HRH the Duchess of Kent, HRH Princess Alice Countess of Athlone.

Picture number 5: Armistice Day 1948 HRH Princess Marie Louise, HRH Princess Margaret, HRH Princess Elizabeth, HRH the Duchess of Kent and HM Queen Mary.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 04:33:55 PM by royal_netherlands »

alixaannencova

« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2008, 02:18:36 AM »
I know this is a rather redundant thread....but it is absolutely fascinating when one notes the changes over the decades! Anyway I have a little query......after '92 did Diana ever do another balcony appearance? Also, I understand that the balcony is 'unofficially' regarded as off limits to courtiers etc and that those invited directly by HM always go out, then it is is a literal 'mob' scrum, depending upon your own proclivities. Is 'doing' the balcony a pleasure or a pain in our collective opinion. i mean, did Kate Kent find it a pleasure or a duty, or more broadly, is it simple a way to get a monumental feel good out of being 'part of the family' and doing one job.

Offline Antoniam

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2008, 03:09:11 AM »
. i mean, did Kate Kent find it a pleasure or a duty, or more broadly, is it simple a way to get a monumental feel good out of being 'part of the family' and doing one job.

Kate Kent can't dislike balcony appearances that much as she was on the balcony for this year's Trooping of the Colour.