Author Topic: Prince Andrew of Greece and his family  (Read 269526 times)

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Prince Andrew of Greece and his family
« Reply #390 on: December 12, 2009, 01:01:30 PM »
Nice photos ! Seen before but still nice. Hard to find Philip and his sisters in old age. Especially Theodora & Margarita. Sofie was seen more during her visits from Germany.

Offline Eurohistory

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Eurohistory.com
« Reply #391 on: December 21, 2009, 10:30:47 AM »
The Greek lady who lent her collection of images to Prince Michael of Greece and Arturo Beeche for the fab book on Greek Royalty has decided to cash in. The whole lot of 4 albums which was inherited from her grandmother and many gifts from Queen Frederica of Greece would be auctioned off by Sotheby's in London November 10th. There will be lots of images of the Greek Princesses from both the Andrew and Nicholas girls. The most striking one I think is Princess Cecilie of Greece in a dark colour dress and jewels. She looked like the female lead in a film noir movie. The asking price for the whole lot is 40,000 to 60,000 pounds.

First, it was not four albums, but close to thirty. Secondly, the albums were not put together by her "grandmother," but by her aunt. Third, the selection of photos inside was amazing, but it did not include many images of the Nicholas and Andrew children, but only a few. Furthermore, the images were glued on many of the and could not be removed, others were very damaged by the paper on which they were kept. I offered to buy the collection for $100,000, but the owner said no. She was convinced that selling at auction he would get more money. Her gamble did not work, obviously.

Arturo BeÚche

--
Arturo BeÚche, Publisher
http://erhj.blogspot.com
European Royal History Journal
Kensington House Books
6300 Kensington Ave.
East Richmond Heights, CA 94805 USA
510/236-1730
books@eurohistory.com
http://www.eurohistory.com

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 22, 2009, 10:52:29 AM »
The bad timing of the global recession also dampen interest. Had she sold it before 2008, it might fetch a higher price. I wonder who bought them ?