Author Topic: Prince Andrew of Greece and his family  (Read 275727 times)

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
Re: Prince Andrew of Greece and his family
« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2008, 06:34:14 AM »
here i has found  something of the book from victor hugo.

Hugo Vickers you mean. Very interesting book worth-to-read.

Russka Princess

« Reply #287 on: July 30, 2008, 09:51:53 AM »
yeah right.  the birth of alice was not easy for Victoria.

somehere i has read that the birth  of Louise was  a premature infant. And that was often ill and her father has call her often ; prawn" cause she was short

and Dicki was a very active child and he has ofte scream where he was a baby and after the birth too.

poor victoria hahaha

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2008, 11:30:12 AM »
Alice's life was hard too...At least Victoria had Louis. Alice was deaf, went crazy, lost her favourite daughter and later even her country... :'(

Russka Princess

« Reply #289 on: July 30, 2008, 01:12:02 PM »
yeah... the poor princess , alice has problems to find friends,cause her illness.

she was very beautifull,the marrige with andrew, who she didnt wanted married, and the dead of her first daugther.

and her other siblings should speak like everyone and shouldnt    to regard  alice, cause she didnt understand what they said.

Offline Prince_Christopher

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 31, 2008, 07:28:52 AM »
Alice beat a failed marrage, a mental disorder and deafness. I think that was an accomplishment, not to mention she saved the lives of Jews in Athens.

Alice was a tough and admirable character, one of my favorites.  She was witness to a huge span of the ages, from the Victorian era to flying on modern day jets.  I'm glad she wasn't tied to a throne and was able to more or less live her own life.
Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing.
--Cicero

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2008, 10:45:16 AM »
Fellow Postes,

In physical looks, do you think Alice resembled the Battenbergs or the Hesses?

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2008, 10:54:45 AM »
She does. More Battenberg than Hesse. She looked a bit like Ena, but with a longer neck. It is a pity that they did not get along with each other.

Russka Princess

« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2008, 12:45:17 PM »
 yea but how wwas the realtionship between Alice and  OTMAA Romanov ? i knew that Dicki and Marie nikolaevna has flirt with each other, and Dicki was a close friend with Marie,Anastasia and Alexje.

Dicki wanted marry Marie, although she was a year older.but VHM has spoke with Alix about a wedding, if Marie and Dicki are adult.

im sure OTMAA knew about Alice´s problem...

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2008, 02:52:45 PM »
Louise was actually friends with grand Duchess Tatiana (or maybe Olga). The only bio on her included the letters the grand duchess wrote to Louise. You should really try to locate a copy.  ;)

Offline KarlandZita

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Mama Regina Elena
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 02, 2008, 08:56:55 AM »
Princess Margarita of Greece :

Margarita and her husband :

Wedding of Theodora and Berthold of Baden in 1931 :

Berthold, Theodora and their daughter Margarita in 1932 :

Theodora with her daugter Margarita :

Reginei Mama Elena a Romaniei

Offline royaltybuff

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 10, 2008, 11:58:24 PM »
Before anyone starts to chastise me for looking for information on a Wikipedia site, I found something that piqued my interest when Googling Hemophilia. In a Wikipedia article with the title "Hemophilia and European Royalty" the following was stated under the Princess Alice (Grand Duchess of Hesse) category:

"Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine (later Victoria, Marchioness of Milford Haven), Alice's oldest child and maternal grandmother to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, might have inherited the mutation, though the gene remained hidden for several generations before reappearing in the descendants of her eldest granddaughter, Princess Margarita of Greece and Denmark."

That is all the article had to say about Princess Margarita.

I know that bad information can get on a site like Wikipedia when anyone can contribute content. However, could this be true? If so, how? Could one of Margarita's sons have had the disease, or could Margarita herself had a blood disorder related to the gene? Margarita had 6 children - two girls (one dying as an infant) and four boys. Only a daughter and a son remain (if I am correct). Her twin sons both died young, tragic deaths. Could the disease have affected one of them or perhaps a grandchild of Margarita?

I would be very interested to know if any of you has information regarding this topic. I hope that, once again, Wikipedia is wrong!

Offline Norbert

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2008, 12:28:21 PM »
I think ......".MIGHT have inherited the mutation," gives this information away. She MIGHT have had an egg for breakfast! I'd stick to cold facts

Offline royaltybuff

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 11, 2008, 01:38:02 PM »
I've done a little more research on the subject of Princess Margarita being a carrier of hemophilia. It seems that her great-grandson, son of Princess Xenia of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, has been diagnosed with hemophilia. It seems that P. Xenia's father, Prince Kraft, had "clotting issues." If we was a hemophiliac then Xenia would be a carrier.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 16, 2008, 10:12:50 PM »
I womder if Arturo knows about this fact he seemed to be close to this family ?  ??? That would make VMH and Alice carriers...