Author Topic: Princess Royal, Princess Anne  (Read 156606 times)

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: What will the Princess Royal wear to her son's wedding?
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2007, 10:43:03 PM »
I'm sure that would not have been the only way she could have made a meaningful tribute to her late grandmother.     

Offline Mary R.

• Boyar
  • Queen Mary: Visions of Grandeur
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2007, 10:42:33 AM »
Just to add a visual:

Mary R.
"I shall be very disappointed," she remarked for the record, "if George doesn't come up again." Queen Mary upon hearing her husband was to ride in a submarine.

When asked the question of when her eldest son would return to the country Queen Mary said, "Not until he comes to my funeral."

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2007, 02:24:31 PM »

Nonetheless, i am with TampaBay eagerly awaiting the flurry of fanfare and hubbub that will hopefully surround the event. HOPEFULLY the fashion gods will bless Anne with a fabulous look. Can't someone give her the number for Vera Wang or Valentino?

HK,

If I had Anne's phone number I would call her and give her the contact info for Vera Wang or Valentino!  Karl Lagerfeld would also be a good choice.

However, it is my understanding that Anne always go with British Designers.

Could some one please list the current hot British designers other than Zandra Rhodes?

Who does Princess Michael use?  Who does the Duchess of Westminister use?

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline Victor

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 04, 2007, 06:15:52 PM »
I'm sure the Princess will look smart in somethng that has never been seen before.Zara too.The BBC has raised the speculation the the wedding may be a low key affair now that it looks likely that Peter will have to step down from his line to the throne;his fiancee being Catholic.
'The world breaks all of us but some of us are stronger in the broken places.'Ernest Hemingway.

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #244 on: August 04, 2007, 06:50:58 PM »
I had mentioned something about that on the Peter & Zara thread. Has it been confirmed now whether she is or isn't Catholic?

Never mind--I found out and posted some info (plus engagement ring pictures) on the other thread.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 07:10:35 PM by grandduchessella »
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Victor

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 04, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »
Whatever Peters status at the time of the wedding he is a popular member of the family and I'm sure the royals and his friends will turn out in force.I suppose his position is a little like Princess Margarets' children when she said "My children aren't royal,they simply have the Queen as their Aunt"I wish the couple well.Back to the topic though,The Princess' hair used to be a lovely soft colour and now looks rather harsh.It's been backcombed a lot over the years and not conditioned much,so it would seem.Perhaps a London hairdresser could offer to lighten it slightly and add highlights,make it look healthier and come up with a softer style.I don't know if such an offer would be well received.The Princess is a very practical woman and probably likes her hair to reflect that.
'The world breaks all of us but some of us are stronger in the broken places.'Ernest Hemingway.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Royal, Princess Anne
« Reply #246 on: August 15, 2007, 03:02:28 PM »
Princess Anne celebrates her 58th birthday today,august 15th.
 :)
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 15, 2007, 03:37:04 PM »

57,sorry.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 15, 2007, 03:48:53 PM »

57,sorry.

No worries, Lucien!  Anne's probably one of the few women I know of who wouldn't care that you added another year to her age anyway.  ;D 

Russophile

« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2007, 06:01:15 PM »

Also, Anne, like Sarah, is very popular with us Yanks in the USA but for different reasons.  Sarah because Yanks love a good come back story and Ann because Americams have a respect for her her "in your face" and "naff off" attitude.

TampaBay
I believe it's more than her "naff off" attitude, I had read that she was one of the hardest working Royals around having many, many engagements especially with her charity of choice: "Save the children" that us Yanks respect. We recognize bang for the British Buck, so to speak.
Bully for her birthday! I shall salute her with a mint martini and hope she has many, many more birthdays!

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2007, 08:48:51 PM »
HAPPY Birthday Princess Anne !

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2007, 08:50:57 PM »
Yes many happy returns Ma'am! You deserve them as you are highly respected for the work you do supporting HM The Queen.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 16, 2007, 08:32:07 PM »

Also, Anne, like Sarah, is very popular with us Yanks in the USA but for different reasons.  Sarah because Yanks love a good come back story and Ann because Americams have a respect for her her "in your face" and "naff off" attitude.

TampaBay
I believe it's more than her "naff off" attitude, I had read that she was one of the hardest working Royals around having many, many engagements especially with her charity of choice: "Save the children" that us Yanks respect. We recognize bang for the British Buck, so to speak.
Bully for her birthday! I shall salute her with a mint martini and hope she has many, many more birthdays!

HERE! HERE!  I second that motion!

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 25, 2007, 11:04:33 AM »
Have any of my good friends in the UK heard anything more regarding attires for the wedding?

TampaBay

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 25, 2007, 12:14:21 PM »
No doubt full morning dress for Peter and a white long wedding dress for his bride.