Author Topic: The House of Braganca restored?!!!!  (Read 18971 times)

Offline José

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Braganca restored?!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2006, 11:50:31 AM »
It would be easy for the Portuguese to love a national Royal Family in power...but the restauration would be considerably difficulted by some extreme-left politians whom swet hate from every little cell on their perfid skin ...  >:(

This week there was a TV show where the Presidential elections were discussed and the Monarchy question was once again brought up...imagine one of the leftist participants said it would be returning to Pre-History...the other one replied/asked him: 'So Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Denmark, etc, still live in Pre-History?'...He had no answer... ;D

Today we had the election for the next President.
I found the bulletin too short so I added as a 6th candidate: S.A.R. D. Duarte Pio de Bragança, and marked a cross after his name  ::)
I know my vote will not be considered, but I would not vote on any of the other candidates  >:(

Offline Bernardino

• Boyar
  • Real, Real, Real, por El-Rei de Portugal!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2006, 07:43:49 AM »
It was the firs time I voted in Presidential Elections, but I believe that it doesn't make of me a perfid republican, let's say I helped to elect a state administrative... ;D

Offline Grand Duke

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ABSOLUTE POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2006, 05:12:31 PM »
It was the firs time I voted in Presidential Elections, but I believe that it doesn't make of me a perfid republican, let's say I helped to elect a state administrative... ;D

Hey, Portuguese Monarchists

don't forget that as Portuguese you are you must be loyal to the Country, Flag and its Head of State, King or President.

I'm Republican but if Portugal would become a Monarchy I would be loyal to the King as I'm loyal to the President, even if he isn't my candidate.
I'm THE GRAND DUKE of LIPTON-upon-AVON ! Please to meet you. I'm glad you know my name!

Bravo_d_El_Rei

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2006, 01:15:32 PM »
I would be loyal to the King as I'm loyal to the President, even if he isn't my candidate.

There lies the problem, Grand Duke... if only everybody were to think like you do... we'd surely live better in Portugal, realm or republic...

The major problem with the country is it's lack of self-estime or, better said, self respect. If you're not loyal to your Head-of-State, you're not loyal to yourself and your countrymen, you're not self-confident as a people because you find a back-stabber in everyone, you're not daring, and you fear everything about the future... and the future will punish you for that.

This is happening as a Republic... and I think it would as a monarchy. But less, in my view... ;D

Offline Bernardino

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2006, 04:04:43 PM »
Yes Portugal is quite sad now...

Offline José

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2006, 01:02:21 PM »

If you're not loyal to your Head-of-State, you're not loyal to yourself and your countrymen,

That's a bit strong IMHO.
I respect the Hymn and the Flag (although the Monarchic was much prettier  ;D ) but when it comes to the Head of State, things are a bit different.
He is a man.
With all his virtues and vices.
If he wants to be respected, he must act accordingly and people will respect him.
"O homem faz o cargo, não é o cargo que faz o homem"

Bravo_d_El_Rei

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2006, 01:57:32 PM »
Well, to be loyal is not to be a slave or a yes-man or a carpet-for-your-feet. I think that's more to be straight, to say in the face of people your real opinions and not driving them to think you are someone that you're really not.
You're being loyal to a Head-of-State if you express your disagreement on certain matter,behaviour or decision and do your part for it to change. But you're certainly NOT loyal if you publicly support that matter, behaviour or decision and then do everything to make it be a failure.
This only aplies to a fully democratic state, Monarchy or Republic, of course...

Offline Bernardino

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2006, 09:44:39 AM »
I can consider myself loyal to the elected President...but still I don't feel represented by him...I could never...

This might be silly but: IMHO:

He is the President of the Portuguese Republic (an institution), but not of Portugal (a country with more than 800 years)...He might be the symbol of the present and of a short distance future (if he's lucky 10 years), but surely he does not represent the past, the present amd the future of the land...

Bravo_d_El_Rei

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2006, 02:21:28 PM »
Hey Bernardino, did you notice that unless you stuff your feet in your mouth, a president of the Portuguese Republic (well named!! ;D) always gets elected a second time? Does it not seem to be an evidence of how the people doesn't wish to be called to choose their Head-of-State so many times... not to mention the incredible number of non-voters (+ or - 40%) at the last elections! Maybe the portuguese people is monarchist without knowing it!!!  ;D
Well I'm loyal to D.Duarte in this manner: I support him to ascend to the Portuguese throne and I will never vote for choosing a president... but I want a different monarchy, one of citizens instead of subjects, in which the king or queen is the king or queen of the portuguese, not of Portugal! Only a constitucional and parliamentory, fully democratic regime will do... and I will not stand for anything else! If D.Duarte should choose otherway to lead the country, LOYALLY, I could not support Him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Bravo_d_El_Rei »

Offline Bernardino

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2006, 05:07:55 PM »
Hello there  :)

I think this big percentage of non voters expresses a lack of confidence on politicians and also a lack of democratic responsability...most non-voters don't vote because they just don't feel like doing it...that simple...

Well of course the only possible form of monarchy in Portugal would be a constitutional one...but I prefer the term King of Portugal than King of the Portuguese...though more democratic this last term does not include (IMHO) all the dimentions that constitute Portugal...it's not just the people, it's the land, the history, the present, the future...but it's just an opinion...

If Portugal would restore the monarchy I wouldn't care about the title being one ot the other  ;)

I'd say Portugal could become a Monarchy again...unlike other countries, there is a strong possibility, still dormant but very alive...and I'm not just dreaming  ;)

Offline Eugenie_of_Montijo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2006, 06:48:28 PM »
I´m spanish...and I´m quite sure that Leonor will be the Queen of Spain  ;) Here, everybody knows that the laws will be changed in the next two years...

About a "wedding" between our little Leonor and the Prince of Beira...it would be nice, very nice.

:D

Bravo_d_El_Rei

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2006, 12:45:24 PM »
About a "wedding" between our little Leonor and the Prince of Beira...it would be nice, very nice.:D

Well, I suppose there's too much people wanting it to really take place, when the time comes... it will be too much pressure upon those poor princes... ;D

Offline Bernardino

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2006, 06:25:27 PM »
Well my dream is this:

the Prince of Beira marries a princess (descendant from Queen Maria II), I've got nothing against commoners ascending to the throne...but... :-X ...oh and of course Monarchy is restored...

The future Duke of Oporto marries Leonor  ::)

For Maria Francisca I would want Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein... ::)

Offline Bernardino

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2006, 06:29:09 PM »
These wonderful marriages could be possible...look at the wonderful marriages of many Diane of Württemberg's children... ::)

Offline José

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2006, 12:30:20 PM »
Well my dream is this:

the Prince of Beira marries a princess (descendant from Queen Maria II), I've got nothing against commoners ascending to the throne...but... :-X ...oh and of course Monarchy is restored...

The future Duke of Oporto marries Leonor  ::)

For Maria Francisca I would want Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein... ::)

So, you want a descendant of Queen D. Maria II to marry D. Afonso.
Let’s see who we can get   ???.
D.Afonso was born on March, 25th, 1996

http://geneweb.inria.fr/roglo?lang=pt&m=D&i=208199&v=7&t=L&bd=0&color=

We’ll have to search amongst the descendants of Infanta D. Maria Ana, pss of Saxony and Infanta D. Antónia, Pss of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.
Or both since some inter-married  ;)!

The first candidate when you scroll down the descendants of D.Maria II is Maria Teresita of Saxony.
She’s the daughter of the Heir-Prince of Saxony. Her mother may be a Wittelsbach but her father is “just” a Afif-Gesaphe of Lebanese origins  :-/.

Then appears the youngest daughter of the Cr.Prince of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, Antonia.
She is one year older, and the descendant of the two sisters.
Or her cousin Victoria, daughter of the Crown-Prince younger brother.

Next would be Pss. Carolina of Ortenburg, dau. of Désirée H.Sigm. That would bring some Swedish blood to the Braganças (and may be the looks of Pss. Madeleine  ;D for their daughter). But aren’t they Lutheran ?

One cannot forget the grand-daughters of AD Josef of Habsburg and Pss.Maria of Loewenstein, good friends and double relatives of D.Duarte (and they live in Portugal)
Elizabeth (dau. of Josef and Margaret von Hohenberg), her cousins Célina and Florina (although I don’t like particularly their names ::)– sorry if there are any members with that name).

And , of course, all those Habsburgs, descendants from D. Maria II and D. Miguel.

The obvious would be ADss Gloria with the same name as D. Maria II da Glória.
Would you settle for the grand-daughter of the -let’s call him eccentric  :-X, and extremely rich  ;) Baron Thyssen ?
Or would you prefer her higher born cousin Szofia ?

Or A.Dk Lorenz and Astrid of Belgium’s daughter Maria-Laetitia , A.Dss Constanza and Pr. Auersperg’s daughters Ladislaya and Leonora, A.Dk Carl-Peter’s daughter Antonia, or, my favourites  :), the daughters of A.D. Simeon and Pss. Maria of Bourbon-Siciliy Isabella and Carlotta.

Down the Habsburg line, the daughter of the ravishing A.Dss Sophie  :-*, Larissa von Windischgraetz

Why don't we make a poll and select the future duchess of Bragança  ;D ?