Author Topic: King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (nee Bowes Lyon)  (Read 188235 times)

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
Re: King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (nee Bowes Lyon)
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2005, 01:59:23 PM »
Janet
your new scanner will have a software for scanning with instructions sufficient for saving your "goodies"

but for "manipulating" digital images in any way you want Adobe Photoshop is the most common software

I, Claudius

Offline Janet

• Boyar
  • There is nothing like a Dame ... of the Thistle
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2005, 03:45:04 PM »
Janet
your new scanner will have a software for scanning with instructions sufficient for saving your "goodies"

but for "manipulating" digital images in any way you want Adobe Photoshop is the most common software

Thanks very much.  I think I'll go ahead and get one.  And then see if 48 years of collecting clippings and books has resulted in anything worth scanning.  ;D

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2005, 03:58:25 AM »

Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon is photographed wearing a period costume dress at the age of nine at Glamis Castle, her home in Scotland, in 1909. (AP Photo)

Britain's Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon is photographed with her husband-to-be, Prince Albert, the Duke of York, in London, England, on Jan. 18, 1923. (AP Photo)

Britain's Duchess and Duke of York pose together while on their honeymoon at Polesden Lacey, England, on May 1, 1923. (AP Photo)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by palimpsest »
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2005, 03:59:53 AM »

Britain's Duchess of York, left, and her husband The Duke of York sit in the theater box with their daughters, Princesses Elizabeth, right, and Princess Margaret as they watch a performance of the pantomime "Dick Whittington" at London's Lyceum Theatre, England, in 1935. (AP Photo)

I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2005, 04:08:11 AM »

Britain's Queen Elizabeth pauses for a moment, during a garden party by the lake at Bagatelle, France, July 20, 1938. (AP Photo/Len Putnam)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2005, 04:11:50 AM »

After attending Sunday services together, the first families of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and the United States of America pose on the veranda of the Roosevelt family estate in Hyde Park, N.Y., on June 11, 1939. From left are, first lady Eleanor Roosevelt; King George VI; Sarah Delano Roosevelt, the president's mother; Queen Elizabeth; and President Franklin D. Roosevelt. (AP Photo)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2005, 04:16:09 AM »

Britain's Princess Elizabeth, later Queen Elizabeth II, second right, tours the farms on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, Aug. 17, 1943. Also on the tour are, from left to right, Queen Elizabeth, Mr. French, the Queen's groom, King George VI, Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret Rose. (AP Photo)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2005, 04:22:09 AM »

Britain's King George VI and Queen Elizabeth view the damage to their home after a bombing raid at Buckingham Palace in London, England, Sept. 11, 1940, during Word War II. The workers are unidentified. (AP Photo)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2005, 04:25:07 AM »

Britain's Prime Minister Winston Churchill, center, joins the royal family, from left, Princess Elizabeth, Queen Elizabeth, King George VI, and Princess Margaret, on the balcony of Buckingham Palace, London, England, on VE-Day on May 8, 1945. (AP Photo)
I, Claudius

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2005, 05:39:25 AM »

A royal corgi appears to bow to its mistress, Britain's Queen Elizabeth as she celebrates her 87th birthday at Clarence House, London residence, England, on Aug. 4, 1987. (AP Photo/Martin Cleaver)
I, Claudius

Offline Laura_

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2005, 09:26:09 AM »
wonderful palimpsest!!!thanks a lot for so many beautiful photos of this magnificent lady:)
Laura

Offline joye

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2005, 10:31:35 PM »
Regarding the photo of the Queen Mum on this page at the Field of Remembrance, Westminster Abbey, on Nov 11th, 1999. Although partly hidden by red poppies, it is the same bow brooch worn by Duchess of Cornwall at Centotaph Remberance Day 0n 13th Nov 2005.
Has anyone else not iced the similarities?
Is this a first wearing of Queen Mum jewellery by  Camilla?  http://www.royal.gov.uk/files/Gallery/Insight-nov05-gallery-cen2-large.jpg

Signed HRH
YaBB 1G-SP1!

Offline joye

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2005, 10:41:09 PM »
Camilla also wore Queen Mum bow brooch to Lord Brabourne  memorial. He is husband of one of the Mountbatten sister, the eldest , I think, and the one  who  holds the title, Lady Mountbatten.

Signed HRH
YaBB 1G-SP1!

Offline joye

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2005, 12:52:21 AM »
I am looking for pictures of the Queen Mums brooches, particularly - rubies. There  were none in these pages. Can anyone help? I would appreciate it.

Signed HRH

YaBB 1G-SP1!

Offline palimpsest

• Velikye Knyaz
  • nulla dies sine linea
    • View Profile
    • CERHAS
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2005, 12:25:39 PM »
I'll try to find some joye

Britain's Queen Elizabeth and King George VI enter the Parliament Buildings with Prime Minister Mackenzie King in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, in 1939. (AP Photo/CP)
I, Claudius