Author Topic: Schaumburg Lippe family  (Read 56390 times)

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
Re: Schaumburg Lippe family
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2008, 12:10:31 PM »

She had very little in common with Diana, who was the wife of the heir to the British throne ... Lily was 19  when she married Alexander.  She is a princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg so on paper, she and Alexander were a good match.  But she was too young and was not prepared for her new life .. she suffered at least on nervous  breakdown. She was hospiitalized for it - and she also bolted, and lived in London where she went through a punk phase.

I bet she was! She sounds like a Princess Diana type figure. I did find some info on her, but in German, and I don't read German. I also didn't realize that Lily was a nickname and Marie Louise her real name. I believe as well as marrying into the Schaumberg- Lippes that she was from a Noble- Royal family I don't know much about. I am glad though Prince Alexander found happiness in his second marriage.
Author of Queen Victoria's Descendants,
& publisher of Royal Book News.
Visit my blog, Royal Musings  http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2008, 03:56:26 PM »
Old picture of Marie Louise von Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg,but I love it because she looks so regal...

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2008, 10:48:38 AM »
She looks the very image of a fairytale princess! She was also a princess before her first marriage, too. Did Diana ever meet her? Just wondering.. I think they had some similarities ( maybe I'm overdoing this)- Lily was 19 when she wed and too young, and not prepared, well, Diana was only 20 and a month past her 20th birthday. Diana didn't wed Charles at age 19 but it is close. Diana as well as Lily wasn't prepared for her new life, either. That is documented. Also, Diana was born into a noble family,  and Lily was born into minor royalty etc and married royalty.  Lily had a nervous breakdown- Diana never really had a nervous breakdown and was certainly not hospitalized, but she was called unstable by some ( mainly Charles's suppoters) and she did have a eating disorder and said in the Morton book that in despair over her marriage she cut herself and after the birth of William, it is known that was a rough period for her- didn't she have postpartum depression, I thought. Not a nervous breakdown, but still. Also, after Diana made the alleged annoymous calls to Oliver Hoare, there were rumors about Diana's stability ( again, Prince Charles's supporters). Both their marriages ended in divorce, and Lily and Diana both ( although Diana had two sons) had only boys by their first marriage. Had Diana gotten remarried, she would have wanted a daughter, I think, like Lily had a daughter by her second marriage. It seems to there are some similarities- both tried to play the fairytale princess image- as illustrated in the wonderful picture of Lily above, and as illlustrated in numerous early Diana pictures. Yet, in the end, the fairytale princess image didn't work out for either. Llly was unfaithful to het husband- well, so was Diana. Also, the first poster said Lily was friendly to people in a Diana like way- Diana said she wanted to be Queen of People's hearts. I just see a few connections, as illustrated, and I don't know the specifics of Lily's story- so am just going on the info here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:52:14 AM by imperial angel »

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »

YOu are overdoing it ... 

I doubt that Diana ever met Marie Louise.

She looks the very image of a fairytale princess! She was also a princess before her first marriage, too. Did Diana ever meet her? Just wondering.. I think they had some similarities ( maybe I'm overdoing this)- Lily was 19 when she wed and too young, and not prepared, well, Diana was only 20 and a month past her 20th birthday. Diana didn't wed Charles at age 19 but it is close. Diana as well as Lily wasn't prepared for her new life, either. That is documented. Also, Diana was born into a noble family,  and Lily was born into minor royalty etc and married royalty.  Lily had a nervous breakdown- Diana never really had a nervous breakdown and was certainly not hospitalized, but she was called unstable by some ( mainly Charles's suppoters) and she did have a eating disorder and said in the Morton book that in despair over her marriage she cut herself and after the birth of William, it is known that was a rough period for her- didn't she have postpartum depression, I thought. Not a nervous breakdown, but still. Also, after Diana made the alleged annoymous calls to Oliver Hoare, there were rumors about Diana's stability ( again, Prince Charles's supporters). Both their marriages ended in divorce, and Lily and Diana both ( although Diana had two sons) had only boys by their first marriage. Had Diana gotten remarried, she would have wanted a daughter, I think, like Lily had a daughter by her second marriage. It seems to there are some similarities- both tried to play the fairytale princess image- as illustrated in the wonderful picture of Lily above, and as illlustrated in numerous early Diana pictures. Yet, in the end, the fairytale princess image didn't work out for either. Llly was unfaithful to het husband- well, so was Diana. Also, the first poster said Lily was friendly to people in a Diana like way- Diana said she wanted to be Queen of People's hearts. I just see a few connections, as illustrated, and I don't know the specifics of Lily's story- so am just going on the info here.

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2008, 03:10:17 PM »
Yes, I doubt she met her as well. I was just curious if they had. Of course, they didn't know each other- I was just wondering if they met in passing. Like I said, I don't know that much about Lily. Diana has been compared to many people- Marilyn Monroe, Princess Grace, Empress Elizabeth ( Sissi), and Jackie Kennedy ( there's a WHOLE BOOK on her and Jackie, but I didn't read it- too far fetched), and her own ancestor, Georgianna, Duchess of Devonshire- so it is not uncommon to compare famous women to famous women- however unfounded. Lily was a real fairy tale princess in her own right, as the photo illustrates- she looks so happy in it- more photos of her welcome.

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2008, 03:47:31 PM »

Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire was not one of Diana's ancesters, actually.  Diana descended in the male Spencer line ..

In real life, there is no such thing as a fairy tale princess ...
Yes, I doubt she met her as well. I was just curious if they had. Of course, they didn't know each other- I was just wondering if they met in passing. Like I said, I don't know that much about Lily. Diana has been compared to many people- Marilyn Monroe, Princess Grace, Empress Elizabeth ( Sissi), and Jackie Kennedy ( there's a WHOLE BOOK on her and Jackie, but I didn't read it- too far fetched), and her own ancestor, Georgianna, Duchess of Devonshire- so it is not uncommon to compare famous women to famous women- however unfounded. Lily was a real fairy tale princess in her own right, as the photo illustrates- she looks so happy in it- more photos of her welcome.

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2010, 01:45:02 AM »
Elza

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2010, 11:37:31 AM »
The twins

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline Speedycat

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2010, 12:20:15 PM »
Is this the so-called "engagement photo" with Baby Bea, Elsa and Young Affie?  I know there is another pose of this too, with the subjects facing forward.

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2010, 01:22:41 AM »
Is this the so-called "engagement photo" with Baby Bea, Elsa and Young Affie?  I know there is another pose of this too, with the subjects facing forward.

That's not Elza. Once we had had a discussion about that photo.

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2010, 01:23:54 AM »
Twins with their mother Vera.

The photo had been posted by Brian years ago and then gone.

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »
Princess Hermine von Schaumburg-Lippe,wife of Prince Adolf I Georg:

Offline jalm

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2011, 10:38:23 AM »
Adjusted three photographs of Maria zu Schaumburg - Lippe née von Sachsen - Altenburg (1864-1918). Married 1882 Prince Georg zu Schaumburg - Lippe. Daughter of Moriitz von Sachsen - Altenburg and Auguste von Sachsen - Meiningen.
One of her while she's a girl. One as a bride and one a little later.

I'll also add these photos to the Sachsen - Altenburg topic in case someone is overlooking them here.....

Greetings,

Jan

Offline LisaG

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2013, 02:58:17 PM »
I was reading up on royalty who sympathized with or were members of the Nazi party, and I came across Prince Friedrich Christian of Schaumburg-Lippe.  His wikipedia entry lists a daughter, Marie Elisabeth, who died at age 16.  Does anyone know how she died?