Author Topic: Terentii Chemodurov and Alexei Trupp  (Read 29515 times)

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
Re: Terentii Chemodurov and Alexei Trupp
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 07:54:55 AM »
Really? It is so interesting. It might be. Aleksei Trupp/Aloizii was at Tobolsk with the IF, right? 
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 10:24:19 AM »
Definitely since he was moved from there with children.

Offline Rodney_G.

• Knyaz
  • an angel .....and the best of them
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 06:04:33 PM »
  Very interesting career move: from Russian army colonel to imperial footman. Is there more to this than meets the eye? Did being a footman in the Empress' chambers possibly carry more prestige or benefits than we commonly think? Being a footman was presumably less dangerous than being an army colonel, though, incredibly, it didn't turn out that way for Trupp.
Rodney G.

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 06:14:19 AM »
Well, he was obviously very loyal to the Tsar. Perhaps he became a footman to be close to him?

Offline Rodney_G.

• Knyaz
  • an angel .....and the best of them
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 04:34:45 PM »

Interesting thought. A glance at his biographical sketch indicates he was in service to the Empress/ Emperor for a long time--since 1895. So he had long term experience with the IF. Age 37 at the time of his appointment ,he may have thought his future in the army was limited.
Rodney G.

Offline Douglas

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 03:05:43 PM »
This is an official portrait of Trupp, one of the most loyal of the IF servants.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »
Is he holding NII medal on chest? On that fatal day, he wore dark clothes, and died among the firsts ones.

Offline Douglas

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 06:37:21 PM »
Is he holding NII medal on chest? On that fatal day, he wore dark clothes, and died among the firsts ones.

I really don't know,  Nena.  It does sort of look like the Tsar.  Maybe one of our medal experts and help.  Intutively I would say yes.

Offline Alyosha_Love

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 07:42:06 PM »
Hm - does anyone know if he had any children or anything about his family - I'd be interested in knowing if he had a family and even maybe what became of them when he went to Tobolsk/Ekaterinburg...

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 03:32:19 PM »
Alyosha_Love, this site gives more information about his life, really extensive (That he accompanied IF during the visit to Riga in 1910, etc. )
http://www.d-pils.lv/news/2/377486

You only need a translator.

Site states that Trup is with GD Tatiana in 1902 photo on pony
:

http://livadia.org/tanya/images/tathorse.jpg

Is this possible? Anyone?

Offline Nicolá De Valerón

• Graf
  • Soul to God, Loyality to Crown, Honor to nobody
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 04:51:11 PM »

Yes, one of those medals is the N-II medal. Btw, among all the service and other anniversary medals (like a Court's/Suite sign), Trupp has a St. George Cross here.

Maybe it would be interesting, but Trupp ended his military service with the high Colonel rank before he was appointed to the Court. That's why he actually had (must had) rather more serious decorations (Orders, like St Anna, St Stanislaus or even St. Vladimir). He is not wearing them here because he is strictly in a Court's uniform.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 04:52:47 PM by Nicolá De Valerón »
"I think that if Shakespeare lived in our times he would not be able to write. Many of his works are not welcome on stage nowadays: The Merchant of Venice – anti-Semitism, Othello – racism, The Taming of the Shrew – sexism, Romeo and Juliet - hideous heterosexual show..." - Vladimir Bukovsky.

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 12:06:16 PM »
I looked in the forum for a thread about Terentij Chemodurov, the old, loyal servant of the IF who went to Ekaterinburg with them but was replaced (by... trupp? Sednev?) because ill. I found nothing, so - what do we know about him? I would expecially appreciate a pic of him - if one is known to exist.
Thanks for your help.
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 01:20:31 PM »
Chemodurov, Ivanovich Terentii (1849-Tobolsk,1919) was Nicholas' valet from December of 1908, was in 1918 senile, and left the Ipatiev house on May 24, few hours after Nagorny and Trupp arrived. He spent time in hospital (due to his sickness) untill July 25th, and if I remember, he lelped to the Whites during their investigations. I think that he must be mentioned in N&A 1918 diaries. I'd like to know more too.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:24:46 PM by nena »

Online Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 02:01:06 PM »
According to Volkov, Chemodurov was sent to prison, with Volkov and the others on the 24th.
http://www.alexanderpalace.org/volkov/20.html
"After we had been written down into the prison register, they went and searched our luggage, but they did not make us open the bags and they took them away promising to bring them back later. They led us to separate cells: Misses Hendrikova and Schneider in the cell for the sick, and Gen. Tatischev and I in a cell elsewhere, on the upper floor. The next day, they brought into our cell the Emperor's personal valet, Tchemodorov, from the Ipatiev House. They held us in the political prisoners' section of the prison, where they had held the hostages."

He was later released after the Whites took Ekaterinburg, and lived there until he died.

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 02:45:32 PM »
Thanks both of you

Is any pic of him known to exist? It's the only one of the servant who followed the IF in Ekaterinburg i don't have a pic of.
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally