Author Topic: Terentii Chemodurov and Alexei Trupp  (Read 29514 times)

aleksandr pavlovich

Re: Terentii Chemodurov and Alexei Trupp
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 03:51:32 PM »
Thanks both of you

Is any pic of him known to exist? It's the only one of the servant who followed the IF in Ekaterinburg i don't have a pic of.

Reacting to your quote, " It's the only one of the servant (servantS ?) who followed the IF in Ekaterinburg i don't have a picture of."

In addition, there appears (at this time) to be NO EXTANT VERIFIED, DOCUMENTED photo/s of the so-called "Kitchen Boy,"  Leonid I. Sednev, who also went to Ekaterinburg, along with his uncle, Ivan D. Sednev (of whom there ARE photos, prior to Ekaterinburg).
   Should you have such a photo of Leonid, at ANY time in his existence, MANY of us would be INTENSELY interested in seeing one.        Regards,  AP.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:21:34 PM by aleksandr pavlovich »

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 04:28:45 PM »
There's four pages devoted to Chemdurov beginning on page 277 of Верные, by Chernova. No photo, unfortunately.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 12:41:59 AM »
   Reacting to your quote, " It's the only one of the servant (servantS ?) who followed the IF in Ekaterinburg i don't have a picture of."

In addition, there appears (at this time) to be NO EXTANT VERIFIED, DOCUMENTED photo/s of the so-called "Kitchen Boy,"  Leonid I. Sednev, who also went to Ekaterinburg, along with his uncle, Ivan D. Sednev (of whom there ARE photos, prior to Ekaterinburg).
   Should you have such a photo of Leonid, at ANY time in his existence, MANY of us would be INTENSELY interested in seeing one.        Regards,  AP.

Aleksandr, you're right! In some way, for some reason, i started my researches about the servants in Ekaterinburg and i already knew i'd never found a pic of Leonid. But i was sure i could find one of everyone else, so i was a bit disappointed when i could find so little infos (and no pics) about Chemodurov. But you're right! He's not the only one. Thanks for your specificiation! I was doing a very odd mistake. You're always so precise- thanks!

There's four pages devoted to Chemdurov beginning on page 277 of Верные, by Chernova. No photo, unfortunately.

Thanks Sarah. So, maybe there's no known pics of him, just like of Leonid (as AP reminded me).
The book you quoted sounds really interesting. I think i should have it for my researches. I'll try to find him on a russian site! Thanks for your tip!
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally

Offline JamesAPrattIII

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2011, 06:00:02 PM »
It could be Trupp joined the Imperial household at a lower rank in the army. The age of 37 is awfully young for a Colonel. While working for the IF he could still be on the army's books and kept getting promoted. I think Count Fredricks was treated in a similiar manner. he was a general.

Offline Inok Nikolai

• Graf
  • Irkutsk, Russia 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 08:38:29 PM »
Here's a very short biographical sketch of Trupp, from the Russian edition of Aleksandra Fyodorovna's last diary (1917-1918):
Trupp, Aleksei (Aloizii) Egorovich (1856-1918) -- iz krest'yan Vitebckoi gubernii, c 1883 g. sluzhil po Pridvornomu vedomstvu, s 1 fevralya 1895 g. byl naznachen lakeem 1-go razryada po komnatam imperatritsy Aleksandry Fyodorovny. Nakhodilsya s Romanovymi v Tobol'cke i Ekaterinburge. Rasstrelyan v Ipat'ievskom dome v noch' s 16 na 17 iyulya 1918g.

Sorry I don't have time to translate this morning. Soon, though!

In case it is not obvious, I would like to point out that his name Aloizii (Алоизий) is simply the Russian form of "Aloysius". Apparently he was named for that Roman Catholic saint.
инок Николай

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 07:03:28 AM »
Yesterday i found this website. There's aphoto with the caption saying it's Chemodurov (i think "our" Chemodurov, since there's the known photo of Trupp before...)
What do you think? Could we trust?
http://statehistory.ru/books/Detskiy-mir-imperatorskikh-rezidentsiy--Byt-monarkhov-i-ikh-okruzhenie/56
Please visit my site

Offline Rodney_G.

• Knyaz
  • an angel .....and the best of them
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »
Yesterday i found this website. There's aphoto with the caption saying it's Chemodurov (i think "our" Chemodurov, since there's the known photo of Trupp before...)
What do you think? Could we trust?
http://statehistory.ru/books/Detskiy-mir-imperatorskikh-rezidentsiy--Byt-monarkhov-i-ikh-okruzhenie/56

Holy Moly! (American expression of excitement), that's our Terenty, at long last . Bravissimma, Sunny! Very, very nice find. Yes, we can trust ; there can be no coincidence of names. I don't know his age in that photo; long before 1918 I would say. An interesting face; not what I'd imagined. I hope some Russian reader can tell us more from that source/ website.
Rodney G.

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 05:01:09 AM »
Holy Moly! (American expression of excitement), that's our Terenty, at long last . Bravissimma, Sunny! Very, very nice find. Yes, we can trust ; there can be no coincidence of names. I don't know his age in that photo; long before 1918 I would say. An interesting face; not what I'd imagined. I hope some Russian reader can tell us more from that source/ website.

Thanks you Rodney, but Google worked much more than me... LOL! I posted here because i thought other members ought to know. It was a wonderful find for me too... i'm really excitend, now i finally know his face! Thanks God i studied a little russian and was able to Google in russian!
Of course he was younger here (than in 1918), but not so much: i found out he began working for the IF in 1908, so he was not so old :)
Please visit my site

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »
Whoa -- I have found one Chemodurov's photo with GD Anastasia and Tsar Nicholas, Tsarskoe Selo, 1917:

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/collection/2926915/tsar-nicholas-ii-and-grand-duchess-anastasia-nicholaievna-with

Description goes:

"...with (left to right), Tchemodurov (man servant), Prince Vassili Dolgorukov, Franz Juravsky, man servant, NCO officer....".

All rights belongs to the Royal Collection, no copyright infringement intended.

One more:

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/collection/2926950/group-at-tsarskoye-selo-including-tsar-nicholas-ii
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 04:09:33 PM by nena »
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Sanochka

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »
The man at the left in the Royal Collection photo certainly bears a strong resemblance to the photo of Chemodurov at the Russian site.  It's wonderful to have a face to go with the name.

Offline Seend

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 11:37:25 AM »
Has anyone seen or have a photograph of Alexei Andreevich Volkov?

Offline brookeb499

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2015, 12:57:14 AM »
I would like to know if anyone has more information and more photographs about Alexei Egorovich (Yegorovich) Trupp,Tsar Nicholas II family footman.
Also he is wearing many medals.Does anyone understand what each medal represented regarding his status.There must be more photographs of him
with the family as one photo shows him with one of the Romanov girls at a very young age. Alexei Trupp was there with the Tsarvich and family in 1918.

What role exactly would a footman play in the royal household during the time of Tsar Nicholas II reign? Just curious.

Brooke

Offline Sanochka

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2015, 12:21:18 AM »
Footmen's duties were varied and generally light.  At mealtimes they served at table; pushing in chairs for the ladies, serving dishes, keeping the water glasses filled, removing dirty dishes from the table, etc..  (At formal meals, there would have been one footman standing behind each guest.)  Additionally, they carried heavier things, fetched this thing and that (gofers), moved heavy furniture when needed, carried in wood for the fireplaces, and performed other tasks that weren't specifically assigned to other household help, such as butlers, cooks, maids, ladies in waiting, etc..

I don't know what the medals signified; perhaps somebody else can fill us in.

Offline brookeb499

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2015, 10:03:38 AM »
In looking at the State History Book site posted by Sunny,you can see that Alexei Egorovich Trupp aka A.E.Tpynn (I think it is spelled in the photo) has so many decorated medals
they must all mean something.Something of importance don't you think Sanochka? If anyone on the forum has additional photographs and information on the medals with their
known associations it may be of additional interest to this topic for discussion. It seems like military medals?I would imagine anyone that was closest and surrounding the Romanov
family would have had to have top protective maybe military clearance for security purposes.At the time Tsar Nicholas II was the wealthiest man on earth. Also I believe that the
Royal families had other members of the royal families as part of their kingdom like the ladies in waiting that were often family related.(I think this is right according to things I remember
regarding GB royals on accounts I once read).
It would stand to reason perhaps Alexei Trupp was top military personell and perhaps somehow family related? Anyone on the forum with additional information it might be interesting.

Thank you Sanochka for your response

Brooke

Offline Превед

• Knyaz
  • Мой Великий Север
    • View Profile
    • Type Russian Without a Keyboard
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »
In looking at the State History Book site posted by Sunny,you can see that Alexei Egorovich Trupp aka A.E.Tpynn (I think it is spelled in the photo) has so many decorated medals
they must all mean something.Something of importance don't you think Sanochka? If anyone on the forum has additional photographs and information on the medals with their
known associations it may be of additional interest to this topic for discussion. It seems like military medals?

The Latvian-born Catholic farmer son Aloizs Lauris Trūps (Russian: Alexey Yegorovich Trupp) served in the army (guards) as a replacement for his conscripted elder brother, where he was noticed by Empress Maria Fyodorovna for his height and blondness (Danish-born MF being very partial to Balts as well as Finns) and recommended for service in the imperial household. (Footmen were required to be tall and goodlooking.)

King and Wilson's claim that this court lackey of the first class was a colonel is so absurd it has to be dismissed. He may have had some medals from his stint in the army, but probably he received an order (Order of St. Stanislaus 3rd class?) with gave him the rank of hereditary honourary citizen, which he is credited with.

I would imagine anyone that was closest and surrounding the Romanov
family would have had to have top protective maybe military clearance for security purposes
I don't think such categories existed in the Russian Empire. Of course the Okhrana kept an eye on everyone, but did they know about the nephew in the Red Army which Trupp allegedly talked to in Latvian in Yekaterinburg? (According to other reports, it wasn't a nephew, just a compatriot.)

Source: http://tsarselo.ru/yenciklopedija-carskogo-sela/istorija-carskogo-sela-v-licah/trupp-aleksei-egorovich-aloiz-laurus-truups-1856---1917.html#.VkevBeKAl_n

Also I believe that the
Royal families had other members of the royal families as part of their kingdom like the ladies in waiting that were often family related.(I think this is right according to things I remember
regarding GB royals on accounts I once read).
Royals had nobles as ladies-in-waiting (and adjutants, chamberlains etc.)

Do note that there is a huge difference between the top level CEO posts at a court (e.g. master of the household), usually staffed by nobles and members of the upstairs courtiers who socialized with the royals and the mid-level managing and bottom level menial posts (butler, valet etc.), the downstairs servants who were working-class people.

It would stand to reason perhaps Alexei Trupp was top military personell and perhaps somehow family related?

He was neither, but a common soldier, the son of simple, well-off farmers.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:21:18 PM by Превед »
Березы севера мне милы,
Их грустный, опущённый вид,
Как речь безмолвная могилы,
Горячку сердца холодит.

(Афанасий Фет: Ивы и березы, 1843 / 1856)