Author Topic: Anyone a fan of "The English Patient"?  (Read 1745 times)

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
  • Loving each other and having faith always.
    • View Profile
Anyone a fan of "The English Patient"?
« on: December 22, 2005, 01:30:08 PM »
 :D :)

Okay, I've always been a big fan of the movie "The English Patient" - truly a romantic movie!!

Anyway, the 2nd lead in the movie, Naveen Andrews, who played the Hindi in love with Juliette Binoche (the nurse) is now here in Hawai'i working in the hit TV series "Lost".

I had an opportunity to meet him a couple of weeks ago in Honolulu - and let me tell you he is just lovely!  Not only gorgeous, but a real gentleman (stood up as I came up to him) and made real small-talk, not just the usual "what's your name so I can write it on this picture?"  Seemed really interested in people and was so gracious and just really a nice person -- he was also happy to put his arm around me and have my hubby take our picture - he seemed really thrilled also that I'd brought along a picture from "The English Patient" as well as "Lost" and asked me several questions about the film and what I liked about it - and told me a few things about filming it!  What a sweetie!  And despite the goofy cap (sorry Naveen, but the cap didn't do you justice!) he was remarkably handsome, soft-spoken in a lovely English accent and at saying good-bye, kissed me, and may I say ladies, he does not kiss on the cheek!
Swoon and double swoon!   I am not a stalker, but he defnitely has a big fan in me now!  

I just had to share my pic with you - if I look a little dazed, you'll understand why!!

Janet R.

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
Re: Anyone a fan of "The English Patient"
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 12:34:37 PM »
 :o
Wow!! That's so awesome Janet!! I love the picture!
I'm so glad that you got to meet a sweet guy! And a kiss to boot!!  :-* ;D :D

Offline anna

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone a fan of "The English Patient"
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 03:22:15 PM »
Janet you lucky girl ::) ::)

I loved "The English Patient" can't tell how many times I saw it. I didn't recognize Naveen at first, but yes the eyes ::)
We do have the series "Lost" on tv here in Holland, but I never watched it so I had no idea Naveen had a part in it.

The both of you look wonderful on this picture. Some girls have it all....sigh ;)

Anna

Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.