Author Topic: Dear FA: Survivor forum has become a farce  (Read 59242 times)

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
Dear FA: Survivor forum has become a farce
« on: December 28, 2005, 08:06:34 PM »
While you have given us all freedom to discuss all different theories, the same ones keep being discussed around in circles, and become ridiculous and insulting. Far worse of all, it has become obvious that the same old participants who have argued before have now resorted to returning as 'newbies' making the same arguments and singling out the same posters they had grudges against in their 'previous lives.' It has become no more than a playground for the desperate and the looney, though I admit I am among those who cannot avoid it. You would be doing us all a favor if you locked it down at least temporarily.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Annie »

Offline Sian_Turner

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Dear FA: Survivor forum has become a farce
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:50:44 AM »
Dear Annie

Just because people disagree with your opinions on the matter is not a case for shutting down a discussion.  Freedom of speech and thought is a basic right.  Also you need to provide evidence, as you are so keen on telling everyone, that people are returning as newbies.  To shut down the discussion is to deprive people of their right to discuss their own ideas however different they may be.

I'm quite disgusted that you feel it's ok to suggest such a thing.

Sian Turner

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 07:16:42 PM »
Dear Annie:

I stopped adding my posts in at the "Surviving Forum", when I realized that the ones who would think that there weren't any survivors wouldn't change their views, and that the ones who would believe that there were at least one or two survivors, wouldn't change theirs, either. I felt it was a waste of time, so I moved to other issues. I'm participating in other Forums (not the AP ones) about these topics, but I'm beginning to bore, since I'm yawning after reading pages and pages of the same theories supporting a side of the story or another. We are turning on circles.

I only wanted to said that I'm not one of the "oldies" who disguises herself under another name. I don't know if smeone is doing a so ridicoulous thing, as you claims. That's stupid, to aid the least. "Survivors" or not "Survivors", "Anna Anderson=FS" or "Anna Anderson=AN" , or "Anna Anerson= a third unknown woman", are not important issues in our lifes. I mean our daily lifes. I'm thinking in writing a book about Anna Anderson, but this fact doesn't make me an insane who sees the whole thing as a matter of honour or faithful feelings to her. I mean, I should never turn an historical discussion in a bloody fight were people from both sides are so ill that disguises themselves under other usernames, as if they were little boys or little girls hidding things to their parents.

For me, Anastasia's and survivor's stories are as important as other issues, and I will ALWAYS discuss them under the name of RealAnastasia, the one I choose here when I was a newbie. Lately, I also became member of other Romanov Forums (mainly focused in "Survivors" theories) and kept my old username, for people could follow my thoughts about these cases. I only changed my username in other Historical Forums that I'm member, for they aren't focused in Romanov's or Russian History (like the excellents www.theroyalforums.com)  where I'm myself, that's simply "Vanesa".

I wasn't around here since some time now (I was very busy with my own work), but here I am again, ready to discuss the Romanovs  again. However, you will not see me at the "Survivors" or "Claimants" Forums any more. It's a waste of time. Of course, I read them just to see if there is something new...A thing that never happens.

I'm happy to be here again after some two months of absence.

RealAnastasia.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 04:01:18 PM »
Dear Annie:

I stopped adding my posts in at the "Surviving Forum", when I realized that the ones who would think that there weren't any survivors wouldn't change their views, and that the ones who would believe that there were at least one or two survivors, wouldn't change theirs, either. I felt it was a waste of time, so I moved to other issues. I'm participating in other Forums (not the AP ones) about these topics, but I'm beginning to bore, since I'm yawning after reading pages and pages of the same theories supporting a side of the story or another. We are turning on circles.

I only wanted to said that I'm not one of the "oldies" who disguises herself under another name. I don't know if smeone is doing a so ridicoulous thing, as you claims. That's stupid, to aid the least. "Survivors" or not "Survivors", "Anna Anderson=FS" or "Anna Anderson=AN" , or "Anna Anerson= a third unknown woman", are not important issues in our lifes. I mean our daily lifes. I'm thinking in writing a book about Anna Anderson, but this fact doesn't make me an insane who sees the whole thing as a matter of honour or faithful feelings to her. I mean, I should never turn an historical discussion in a bloody fight were people from both sides are so ill that disguises themselves under other usernames, as if they were little boys or little girls hidding things to their parents.

For me, Anastasia's and survivor's stories are as important as other issues, and I will ALWAYS discuss them under the name of RealAnastasia, the one I choose here when I was a newbie. Lately, I also became member of other Romanov Forums (mainly focused in "Survivors" theories) and kept my old username, for people could follow my thoughts about these cases. I only changed my username in other Historical Forums that I'm member, for they aren't focused in Romanov's or Russian History (like the excellents www.theroyalforums.com)  where I'm myself, that's simply "Vanesa".

I wasn't around here since some time now (I was very busy with my own work), but here I am again, ready to discuss the Romanovs  again. However, you will not see me at the "Survivors" or "Claimants" Forums any more. It's a waste of time. Of course, I read them just to see if there is something new...A thing that never happens.

I'm happy to be here again after some two months of absence.

RealAnastasia.

Vanessa/RealAnastasia: It's great to have you back here. I'm sorry you don't feel comfortable posting on the "Survivors" topic area. I think there's still a great deal to discuss in a responsible and respectful (to each other) manner. I know you can do this very well, so I hope you will reconsider.

There have been members who have come back under different names and posted on the Survivors and other threads. That does not necessarily mean that everyone who is "pro Survivors" is necessarily in those categories. I think our members have become justifyably upset when someone pretends to be a new person when in reality they are someone else who has been here before under another identity. Like you, I have always been "LisaDavidson" so people know with me, regardless if they share my views, that I am me.

Welcome back!

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 04:11:02 PM »
Before anyone else gives me a long lecture would you please consider the ancient date on this post? At that time, we were overrun by a bunch of very extreme AA supporters, many of them aliases or returning banned members, and AT THAT TIME it had become a farce. While I do believe that the DNA is conclusive and there is no need to discuss the identity of AA, only her story, the message I posted was meant for the time that I posted it, and it is not fair to drag it back up and lecture on it now that the forum has for the most part calmed down and become civil. I had wanted this post deleted ages ago to stop this but for months it was inaccessible to posters.

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 04:15:07 PM »
Dear RealAnastasia,

Welcome Back ! You have been missed. God Bless.

Tatiana+
TatianaA

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 06:03:39 PM »
Before anyone else gives me a long lecture would you please consider the ancient date on this post? At that time, we were overrun by a bunch of very extreme AA supporters, many of them aliases or returning banned members, and AT THAT TIME it had become a farce. While I do believe that the DNA is conclusive and there is no need to discuss the identity of AA, only her story, the message I posted was meant for the time that I posted it, and it is not fair to drag it back up and lecture on it now that the forum has for the most part calmed down and become civil. I had wanted this post deleted ages ago to stop this but for months it was inaccessible to posters.

Annie - if you will PM me or the FA, we can take a request for a deletion under consideration. Please give me the post number you want deleted.

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 08:16:46 PM »
Hi, Annie:

I was not pretending to "lecture you"...How in h**k am I to do so? Certainly  I'm not your mother, your teacher or someone who has authority over yourself, considering that both of us are grown up women...And if I answered an old topic, I'm sorry to do so. I only wanted to talk about something that I was experiencing not only here but in other forums, for I can't believe that people who are mature adults could do such childish things. I 'm here again after some time of absence, so I only consulted the threads when I came here again.

I do not think that the Survivors question is dead. But who cares? Here, we are not changing the world, nor the history . We are only unknow, unimportant people discussing some historical facts, about which we believe we know the truth. Sadly, I realize that, the AA's claim's believers, the AA opponents, the ones who believes in Survivors, the ones who believes not, we don't really know anything about these questions. We are not serious researchers about these matters, and without documents we can't do nothing. I'm thinking seriously to write a book about this issue, but for that I need to travel, and to see documents. Before this, I'll remain silent about "Survivors" in these Forums.  There are other more interesting and beatiful issues about the IF when they were alive...

Thank you for your warm "welcome back", Tania! How do you do? I missed you too. Hope you are doing well.  And thank you to LisaDavidson too, and thank you to Annie. I can't help but confess that I wanted to ost here again...and that I lurked here a lot! LOL  ;)

RealAnastasia.

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 10:38:29 PM »
Sorry..."ost" mean nothing. I wanted to write "post"...I have a new keyboard and its keys are very soft... ;D

RealAnastasia.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 10:49:20 PM »
The entire "survivor" thread needs to be deleted!!!

Such fantasies have no place in a forum that permits rigorous discussion of Russian history and other fields of genuine historic interest.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 02:49:48 PM »
With all due respect to you, Margarita, the management of this Forum has the right to allow whatever discussion it chooses to permit. Members are welcome to use the topic areas of interest to them. There is a wide diversity of topics here - something for everyone. I do not appreciate being told what is and is not to be discussed here by anyone other than Bob Atchison.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 03:00:14 PM »
Regardless of the fact that DNA testing has now conclusively shown that the "main" survivor claimants were not as claimed, and can now prove or disprove any other claims brought, the inescapable FACT remains as well that the literally dozens, if not hundreds, of survivor claimants since 1918 are a part of the story.  There is no reason why people should not discuss their claims and their stories.  I for one find the story of Anna Anderson interesting, obviously NOT as her "being" AN since she was not, but just who WAS this poor delusional woman in reality? How did she end up being "the best of the fakes" as the Romanov family used to say?

We don't use this section to promote claimants, but rather I think it valuable to allow discussion of their stories, and show how and why their stories just aren't true.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 01:10:49 AM »
posting deleted
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 01:22:12 AM by Belochka »

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 05:40:38 PM »
I kind of like the Survivor section -  it really gives one an insight into human psychology!  I learned a lot about psychiatric deviances there, among other things  8).

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 10:40:40 AM »

I'm quite disgusted that you feel it's ok to suggest such a thing.

Sian Turner

But it is freedom of speech, as you advocate :)
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.