Author Topic: Larissa Tudor  (Read 112 times)

Offline GDSophie

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Larissa Tudor
« on: August 13, 2018, 12:56:39 PM »
Now that we know the family are all accounted for, is anyone else just curious on who Larissa Tudor was? I do believe she may have been just a Tatiana look-like or doppelganger, but her background is so foggy and unknown if I was alive before Tatiana's body was found I would have definitely believed Larissa was her.

She died eight years after the Romanovs, to the day even. Why did she use Feodorovna as her patronymic (unless it was the obvious reason; her real father was called Feodor if Adolph Haouk was not her real one), why was June 10th associated with her (It could have actually been her birthday and just a coincidence, or the day her and her husband met) and is her body still in her grave? (On 30th of July 1998 it was found that the railings surrounding her grave had been removed and some stone masons arrived later and cleaned the headstone and the marble surrounding the grave, this was all done without the Tudor family's permission or the Council's knowledge).

Now that the Romanovs are found, I'm definitely interested in her specifically.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:19:05 PM by GDSophie »
'Give my love to all who remember me' - Olga Nikolaevna

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Rex and Hannah Chronicles Wikia
Re: Larissa Tudor
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:13:48 PM »
I'm guessing that not much is known about her.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline DNAgenie

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 08:26:55 PM »
Larissa Tudor could have been a descendant of the von Hauke family, best known member of which was Julia von Hauke, Princess of Battenburg, who married Prince Alexander of Hesse in a morganatic marriage in 1851 in Breslau, Prussia. Julia was the mother of Prince Louis of Battenburg and great grandmother of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. Julia's father was a Polish general who was shot during the November Uprising so his children were made wards of the Tsar. Julia's father and his two von Hauke brothers had been generals in the service of Russia and all three had become Counts of the Russian Empire. It is conceivable that Larissa came from this line, with the surname Von Hauke. She was certainly not Grand Duchess Tatiana, but if she had escaped from Russia after the revolution it is not surprising that she preferred to remain a private person.

Offline tenorsfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 04:30:56 PM »
I'm just reading Occleshaw's book. A spooky tale of mysteries and coincidences. A few things not mentioned above, a witness heard her yelling at a small boy in Russian, and another witness, who picked Tatiana's pictures as her, asked, "she was a Russian princess, wasn't she?", as if it was a common rumour and no big deal, I guess with all the Russian aristocracy around. Another witness recalled Larissa saying her happiest time in England was the three years she had spent in Yorkshire, which squeezes the timeline of her being an exotic dancer in Constantinople, but would explain how she got back into England to marry Tudor. Occleshaw explains she wouldn't be allowed in England unless she had special help or unless she was previously a resident.

Also he only confines his speculations that Larissa was Tatiana. Never wonders if Larissa just lied to Tudor about being Tatiana, everybody else seemed to be doing it. Or maybe Tudor was as bad a Romanov fan as us and just flipped when he saw Larissa's Tatiana looks and married her. I could relate to that.  All that flowers on the grave on Tatiana's birthday and his hermetic behavior after her death is spooky. As is seeing the picture of his second wife with Tatiana's hairdo. And her grave being disturbed right on the Romanov burial. Spooky stuff.

Occleshaw doesn't  mention if Larissa died suddenly or not. Tudor collapsing at her burial suggests it was unexpected, I would think. The certificate says heart exhaustion. Is that a heart attack? A broken heart right after the murder date? A murder was never suggested, but it was the same year as the murder of Michelle Anchess. Just saying. What a tale!