Author Topic: IF Anwering Machine Messages  (Read 39017 times)

Offline wildchild3

• View Profile
Re: IF Anwering Machine Messages
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »
I got another one:
Anastasia: This is Anastasia. I can't come to the phone right now because I am hiding from the doctor.
The three grandduchesses in the background chanting like cheerleaders: O T M A !
please a message after the beep!
(a Cheech and Chong movie is going in the background and Nicholas is laughing)
BEEP

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2010, 11:30:48 PM »
"Hi, this is Franciska Schanskowska, uh, I mean, Anna Anderson, no, I mean Anastasia, I... DAMMIT!"  BEEP!
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2010, 05:19:17 AM »
"Hi you have reached the Imperial phone of the Grand Duchesses,  leave a message if you are family or friends.  If your a stupid, eye glazed, OTMA obsessive teen who ogles our photos, wants to know our habits and thinks we are so "beautiful", "Pretty" etc.  Then bugger off, because we think you guys need to get a life...geez, I bet they want to know when we pee and poop too..BEEP!"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 05:21:39 AM by rosieposie »
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2010, 08:03:56 AM »
"Hi you have reached the Imperial phone of the Grand Duchesses,  leave a message if you are family or friends.  If your a stupid, eye glazed, OTMA obsessive teen who ogles our photos, wants to know our habits and thinks we are so "beautiful", "Pretty" etc.  Then bugger off, because we think you guys need to get a life...geez, I bet they want to know when we pee and poop too..BEEP!"

Offline Павэл

• Oh Rus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2010, 10:40:30 PM »
And I thought mine was odd! I can't quite tell who the butt of the comment is exactly. (Or put another way - was that self depreciation or rage at work?) Still, never mind. I'm 'on vigil' for the 16th and 17th and now knackered.

Here's a few points though (apologies if already here - I can't find it if it is.)

1. Wouldn't any 'communal' answering machine carry only 'The Governess's' voice?
2. If an answering machine existed in 1914, how much would it cost because don't they only get 2 roubles a week? Would it be more than a pair of gloves or less? :) Now there's a discussion!
3. What language would they use?

Pav
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:45:47 PM by Pavel Mikhailovitch »
"[st]Winston[/st] Paul returned to his room and smoked his Victory cigarettes ......"

Constantinople

« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2010, 10:48:27 PM »
Even though they had a telephone everyone avoided it like the plague. Their answering machine would have been a servant who cost 50 roubles a year

Offline Павэл

• Oh Rus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »
Even though they had a telephone everyone avoided it like the plague. Their answering machine would have been a servant who cost 50 roubles a year

:)

More efficient (given the technology). If mechanical it would have been 22 foot long, 18 foot wide and 8 foot high and run with valves. Hmm simpler to have a biological one. So here's a follow up (sorry if this turns into a sci+tech discussion). How would the sound be recorded? On wax cylinder? You'd have to hire someone just to reset it after each call anyway!
"[st]Winston[/st] Paul returned to his room and smoked his Victory cigarettes ......"

Offline Antie

• <- See her? She is Tatiana, the Leader of OTMA!
    • View Profile
    • Diaphanitas
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2010, 12:20:22 AM »

Great one!

1. Wouldn't any 'communal' answering machine carry only 'The Governess's' voice?

You mean Tatiana's?
Avatar from Tatiana + Olga | Governess - The Tatiana Fanlisting
"She's so bossy that we call her "the Governess."" - Anastasia from Anastasia, the Last Grand Duchess.

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2010, 08:05:50 AM »
3. What language would they use?

3. I think that Russian for family/friends and the other languages for polytics ^^.

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2010, 10:11:40 AM »
They might use English too, all were fluent in it.
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Lady Nikolaievna

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »
"Hi, this is Maria Nicolaevna, and I can't come to the phone right now. But if you're a really cute soldier, leave a message after the BEEP; but I warn you: I won't kiss you, ok?" BEEP

Offline Павэл

• Oh Rus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2010, 04:06:29 PM »

Offline Olga-Romanov123

• View Profile
    • OTMAA Lost Imperial Children
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2010, 06:13:52 AM »
You have reached Olga Nicholaievna ,
Press 1 for what i am going to do to Anastasia when i find her

Press 2 if you what to hear Tatiana begging for mercy and forgiveness when i find out she stole my new dress

Press 3 if you want to hear Maria messing up her answering machine message ,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         If you u would like to hear these options again press 4

and if this is the wrong number press the hang up number *Beep*

Terrible I know but I tried : )
Give My Love to all those who remember me
                     Olga Nikolaevna

Lady Nikolaievna

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2010, 05:04:05 PM »
* Hi, this is Anastasia Nicholaevna. If you're hearing this probably Olga had killed me because I said she was stupid. Tell my Mama and Papa I love them and tell Olya she's REALLY STUPID!!! But not as much as Maria. I'm dead, so I can say this: MARIA, YOU ARE STUPID!!!* BEEP!

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2010, 03:25:19 PM »
Funny, Olga and Lady! xD