Author Topic: Global Holiday Greetings-Share Yours !  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Global Holiday Greetings-Share Yours !
« on: December 21, 2005, 11:32:43 PM »
I understand there are many celebrating during this holiday season from around the globe respectively from many faiths.

Would you please tell us from what country you are,and what holiday you celebrate during this time.

I'm from the United States. We celebrate Christmas.My mum was American, Episcopal so we celebrated American Christmas, and my dad was Russian, Russian Orthodox, so we celebrate Russian Christmas.

From our family to all of you and yours, may we offer the very best, and a peace filled New Year ! God Bless.

Tatiana
TatianaA

PssMarieAmelie

Re: Global Holiday Greetings-Share Yours !
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 11:46:36 PM »
Thankyou Tania for starting this topic! Merry Christmas to you too. :) ;) :D

I'm from Australia. We celebrate Christmas also. My dad is Catholic and my mum is Methodist, but me and my sisters took the Catholic faith from birth, because it would be easier that way. We celebrate the traditional Christian-Catholic chrstmas--except for midnight mass--my parents hate it. ::) ;)

Merry Christmas, A Happy New Year and God be with you all--from me and my family to you and yours. Of course we celebrate Christmas a little earlier than some people. ;) 8)

Offline Russian_Duchess_#5

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 08:05:34 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
My family is Christian/Catholic, but we admire Orthodox traditions. Or, at least, I do being the Romanov-obsessed person in the family! ;) ;)
Happy 2006!!!  8) ;D
I'm from the US.

Sofia
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Russian_Duchess_#5 »

Offline Joy0318

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 07:32:52 PM »
Hi everyone!
I'm from the United States of America
I live in Georgia south of the metro Atlanta area.
My family is Christian (Protestant) and we celebrate Christmas by going to Church on Christmas eve and having our family celebration on Christmas morning.
Hope everyone has a happy holiday season and a great 2006.
God Bless!

Lynne
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by RomanovFan318 »
A horse is a horse of course of  course
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is of course unless the horse
Is the famous Mr. Ed.

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 04:58:12 PM »
Orthodox, so Christmas is on 7 January, preceeded by a 40 day fast, and Church Services: Royal Hours, Vespers and St Basil's Liturgy on the Morning - early PM of Christmas Eve, then in the evening Compline and Matins, then on Christmas Day itself the Divine Liturgy followed by the breaking of the fast (until Theophany Eve) and celebrating, exchanging presents etc.

We also celebrate Novy God, or New Year, and exchange presents then. We also have 'Old New Year' coming up at the end of this week, (Jan 14) which is of course Jan 1 on the Old Calendar. No presents for this one though - but a Church service.

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 07:19:57 PM »
I'm Catholic, but my brother converted to Lutheranism, since his wife is from a German family. His wife's uncle is a Lutheran Reverend. So, we goes to Catholic church and after it, to he Lutheran one. There is not so different. :)

RealAnastasia