Author Topic: Leaving...sorta!  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Leaving...sorta!
« on: January 04, 2006, 03:02:23 PM »
Hi folks!

I've come to the conclusion that I just don't really have anything to openly contribute here.  And that's what a forum is all about.  I just feel like there are too many youngsters here and lately the only thing I've been doing is lurking anyway or posting colored photos and that's hardly constructive.  Lots of little bits are starting to bug me, but mostly it's just that I feel kind of... I dunno, like I can't do anything, I just have been reading and not really saying much that could contribute to an interesting discussion.  I won't delete my account or anything and I'll still be around, I just won't post; I'll be more of a lurker, which is what I've kind of been lately anyway!

I've met some great great friends on here and I'd like to thank Bob and Rob and all the wonderful mods for their hard work on this forum.  You guys rock!  :-*

Also school is starting up again and it's my last semester at community college before I transfer and because I am a total slacker--well--my grades are mediocre at best.  So I gotta try to will myself to actually work constructively on schoolwork for once in my life...

If anyone wants to contact me, you can PM and I think a good lot of you know my email address and AIM SN anyway.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Lanie »

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving...sorta!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 03:31:25 PM »
Lanie, nothing wrong with "lurking"--or, maybe the more accurate term would be "just looking"!  ;)  You've contributed a great deal to this board and probably will again, but of course your studies come first, so I think you've made an extremely wise decision. Good luck, and we'll "see" you again when you have the time and inclination to post.

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 06:34:52 PM »
Well, as long as you don't *completely* disappear, I think I can handle it.  :-/

Good luck at school!
:-*
Sarushka
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by sarahelizabethii »
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 07:44:36 PM »
I won't completely disappear.  I'll still post occasionally, just... probably goofing around on the loony claimants board rather than contributing since I have nothing to really contribute anymore.

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 08:12:34 PM »
Your post are always interesting, Lanie. I learned a lot of things from you. I agree that the Palace Fourms are becoming a little...How can I said it? A little "light" , but there is lots of people who post interesting infos, yet.

Hope we are not loosing you for ever! Keep lurking, and when you like...come again, girlie that we'll be always here ready to welcome you all times you feel like it!  ;)

RealAnastasia.

Offline LarissaAnn

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 11:39:14 PM »
Best of luck, Lanie, hope to see you around here occasionally.  What are you planning to study in college?  
Head & heart - Those are a young girls holy secrets-Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna

Offline Robby

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 12:53:05 AM »
Well, I do not know you good, but I learned alot from you, and I hope you have great schooldays  ;D,

Robby.
“Courage! I have shown it for years; think you I shall lose it at the moment when my sufferings are to end?” Marie Antoinette

Offline reashka

• Knyaz
  • Beautiful in any angle.
    • View Profile
    • Anne Frank Forum
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 01:07:05 AM »
Well, I do not know you good, but I learned alot from you, and I hope you have great schooldays  ;D,

Me too... but thanks anyway for sharing your knowledge with us especially on naming and dating many pictures. :) Happy lurking and All the best Lanie ;D
Dare not to be indifferent

PssMarieAmelie

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 01:26:27 AM »

Me too... but thanks anyway for sharing your knowledge with us especially on naming and dating many pictures. :) Happy lurking and All the best Lanie ;D

I second that! Good luck Lanie. :D

Offline Olga_Anna

• Knyaz
  • ~Looking for stars, Listening for angels~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 08:50:22 PM »

I third that!  :)

Offline Joy0318

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 02:13:08 PM »

Robby.

Same here!

I'm still new here but I have lurked here for some time now and have always enjoyed your posts. You are very knowledgeable. I wish you best of luck with your studies and hope you still do post here occasionally.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by RomanovFan318 »
A horse is a horse of course of  course
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is of course unless the horse
Is the famous Mr. Ed.

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 04:38:36 PM »
We all have something to contribute, and we always do, but sometimes we have to focus on real life..though this is my real life, needless to say! I think Lanie has contributed alot, and it's good to just read the forum, too. :)

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 02:34:44 PM »
Lanie, let me just say that I think you're one of the smartest people around here. I'm sorry you feel you have nothing to contribute, that's just not true.  :'( But I hope to see you around now and again.

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 07:14:57 PM »
Lanie, I understand that you need to focus on your schoolwork. You are one of the smartest people on the AP. I have always admired you and aspired to one day be as smart about the Romanovs as you. You will always be wanted here.  :) And I hope to hear from you know and then.
                       - Holly
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 08:46:33 PM »
Good luck with your studies, and hopefully we will still see postings from you not too irregularly!