Author Topic: Photo-detectives  (Read 3811 times)

Offline DavidT

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Photo-detectives
« on: December 12, 2005, 12:06:08 PM »
Hello Forum members,
    I am only surfing here.  I have a possible clue to a Minn. connection for two refugee children, circa 1920.  They were being hid out there, by Railroad Barons.  My question is, simply, if one produces photo's of a mature woman taken in the 1960's, can your group point out a reputable, read unbiased, lab, which could computer age the photos of the older Romanov daughters, and see whether one of them is this woman.  
    At present, I only have some threads, and these refugees may well be from other Eastern European aristocratic families, or maybe, just have been born out of the wrong side of someone's bed.  It's just that they are the right ages to have been the two missing children, and the Tsar may well have had substantial private placements in this railroad co..  Thanx, and I'll check back in a week or so for any suggestions.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
Re: Photo-detectives
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 02:53:12 PM »
Hi,
Before you go to far with this, please read "The Lost Fortune of the Tsar" by Clarke.  He did extensive research into investments in the US by Imperial Russia, and found that there was NO investment of any kind by the government or the Tsar privately before the Revolution.  The ONLY funds sent to the US were to pay for war materials purchased for fighting WWI.  There was NO investment in any US railroads by the Tsar.

I suggest you search thru the other threads of the forum where this has been discussed at length.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 04:07:47 PM »
William Clarke did not say there were no bank accounts,  he said,  no one has found any to the point of time when his book was published.

Next to the last page:

>>This does not mean that stray personal accouns of the royal family will not one day emerge in London, Paris, Geneva or even New York; simply that it now seems unlikely.<<

AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

calebGmoney

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 05:48:45 PM »
Lili Dehn however assured that Empress Alexandra had indeed told her that each of the grand duchess's had their own seperate bank account in England. I don't think we'll ever really know what happened to the money if there was any money there in the first place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by calebGmoney »

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 08:52:30 PM »
Yes. And it was LONG BEFORE Lili Denh met Anna Anderson at Untenlenghenhardt. When she said that the Imperial Family indeed had money in a bank in England, she didn't believe that Anna was Anastasia.

RealAnastasia.