Author Topic: Without DNA  (Read 22315 times)

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
Re: Without DNA
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2006, 06:05:52 PM »
Zero chance of contamination of the samples, since you asked.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2006, 06:44:35 PM »
`

I wish I had a magic wand and could wave it over all the information and the truth would go to the right and the rest of the stuf would just up and vanish.  But life just isn't that easy.

You mean like you wave a magic wand to erase part of my posts until the sentence changes its meaning and you say 'in part...' STOP THIS!! If you cannot leave my entire sentence, don't quote it at all! It's okay to leave out whole paragraphs that you do not wish to respond to, everyone does that. But chopping up sentences CHANGES THE MEANING AND MISQUOTES ME!!

What we have to do is carefully and honestly weight ALL the information.

If we do not then who will?

AGRBear

Sigh. I can never get this across to some of you. We HAVE weighed ALL info tiime and time again. We know that it is contradictory and cannot all be true. Only the DNA proves what was right and wrong.

And by saying ALL, does that mean that the cart story or the shoe story are just as important as the DNA and should be considered of the same value? PLEASE!

Offline catt.sydney

• Curiousity killed me/Satisfaction brought me back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »

Off Topic but for the record...

It's generally considered polite to state it if one takes a quotation and in any way changes it (corrects the language/verb tense/spelling etc.)  

To do so without admitting this is childish and generally lessens the validity of one's arguement...
That goes for ALL OF US.

ok?

thank you.
Curiousity killed me/Satisfaction and (TRUTH)  brought me back!

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2006, 07:56:54 PM »
Tedders....stop that laughing....stop that rolling about under the hedge....Some folk actually believe that pics of AA are a dead match for AN...and you must respect their....opinions....Stop I say...NOW!!!...this ted must be taken to task.... >:(

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2006, 08:03:41 PM »
Look out Tedders.... I, too,  am laughing so hard that.... oh dear,  look out.... I'm rolling....  so, sorry I'm so much bigger... So glad I missed you.  I must look silly sitting here among my pots with all this honey all over my tummy.....  Hmmmm,  it is good honey.  Slurp.  Blurp.  Excuse me. ;D

People know they can find Annie's complete quote by clicking on her name.  And, if you've ever noticed I always add:  "....[in part].... when I don't present the complete quote.  Just as I will, now.

`

...[in part]...
Sigh. I can never get this across to some of you. We HAVE weighed ALL info tiime and time again. We know that it is contradictory and cannot all be true. Only the DNA proves what was right and wrong.

And by saying ALL, does that mean that the cart story or the shoe story are just as important as the DNA and should be considered of the same value? PLEASE!

I believe we're not suppose to continue the subject on DNA on this thread since the topic is:  "Without DNA".

The shoe size of AA and GD Anastasia was never compared in court.  How could they?  No one knew GD Anastasia's shoe size or how tall she was by the 16th of July 1918.

Speaking once again about the "cart story".  Did AA ever tell this story in court?

AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2006, 08:15:23 PM »
Without DNA....Am I the only one who sees this premise as a fine chase after a white rabbit?...Without the DNA...you might very well assert that AA was AN and NOT FS...There are some determined folk on this forum....I respect them....And such

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2006, 08:24:35 PM »
If DNA didn't exist, did you believe Anna Anderson? If no, why? This question is for scepticals of course.

Marina created this thread.  And this is her topic and she asked that DNA, on this thread, does not exist.

Have respect for your fellow posters and respect will be returned a thousand times.

AGRBear

PS:

...[in part]....

...And PLEASE let this be the last mention of DNA in a thread called "Without DNA"...

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2006, 10:47:59 AM »
Thanks for the "splashing DNA" mental image.

I was attempting to point out to Caleb that there are a lot of conflicting testimonies about this matter, as you know. Some of them cancel each other out. She was either rattling along in the cart on the four month journey, or she was in Perm, or she was . . .

Testimonies, no matter how heartfelt, do not constiture incontrovertible evidence. Things like tests that can be duplicated in laboratories do.

Regards,

Simon

I believe AA is the only one who claimed to have made this long journey in a cart.

Yes, I have posted some testimony from a German officer who saw GD Anastasia in a cart.  But he thought it was the real Grand Duchess....

The evidence given about Anastasia, her mother and sisters in Perm didn't spill off of AA's tongue.  This evidence was collected by the early investigators of the IF case from it's first days and to the days Sokolov started his own investigation under the watchful and anxious eye of the White General Diterikhs.

There is a thread about the Perm stories as well as one I started about the sightings of the IF after the 16/17 of July 1918.

Perm Story:
http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=anastasia;action=display;num=1113068456;start=0#0

Sightings after 16/17 July 1918:
http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=anastasia;action=display;num=1091994509;start=0#0

Just lately, Phil has brought to us the actual reports he's found.  Like Sokolov some omit the Perm stories while some go into detail about evidence of them being sent to Perm.

New evidence is surfacing all the time.  It appears that the Bolshseviks, CHEKA, GPU, communists and KGB didn't destroy everything.

Five months after finding and posting this Report I have found another version of the same report (same date, large chunks of the text identical if you allow for differences in translation) but the "new" copy has significant differences in that it includes testimonies from witnesses that state that the family were moved either to Perm by rail or to Verkhotouria by troika and automobile.  This report, which is in PRO/30/26/144 appears to be one of several collected by Basil Thomson, Director of Intelligence at the Home Office in 1920.  Why there should be radical differences between the two I don't know.

Given time I will try and copy the "missing sections" but it is unlikely to be complete for a week or two due to other pressures.

Phil T

AGRBear

Offline Louis_Charles

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2006, 11:24:25 AM »

I believe AA is the only one who claimed to have made this long journey in a cart.

Yes, I have posted some testimony from a German officer who saw GD Anastasia in a cart.  But he thought it was the real Grand Duchess....

The evidence given about Anastasia, her mother and sisters in Perm didn't spill off of AA's tongue.  This evidence was collected by the early investigators of the IF case from it's first days and to the days Sokolov started his own investigation under the watchful and anxious eye of the White General Diterikhs.

There is a thread about the Perm stories as well as one I started about the sightings of the IF after the 16/17 of July 1918.

Perm Story:
http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=anastasia;action=display;num=1113068456;start=0#0

Sightings after 16/17 July 1918:
http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=anastasia;action=display;num=1091994509;start=0#0

Just lately, Phil has brought to us the actual reports he's found.  Like Sokolov some omit the Perm stories while some go into detail about evidence of them being sent to Perm.

New evidence is surfacing all the time.  It appears that the Bolshseviks, CHEKA, GPU, communists and KGB didn't destroy everything.

AGRBear

No one suggested that anyone but AA told the story of the cart; obviously she didn't tell the story about Perm. My point was, and is, that these testimonies are mutually contradictory, as so many of them are. The real Anastasia could not have bilocated between Perm and a cart in September of 1918. Eventually one has to make an informed decision as to which of these is more probable, if indeed either of them are.

Thank you for bringing the threads together in your post.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Louis_Charles »
"Simon --- Classy AND Compassionate!"

"The road to enlightenment is long and difficult, so take snacks and a magazine."

Offline MichaelB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2006, 05:24:34 PM »
Since the thread is basically wether or not we would believe AA if it weren't for the DNA, I have to say yes. For a very simple and, to anyone else, unimportant reason - because my Grandmother believed it.
Still reading even if I don't post.

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2006, 07:36:12 PM »
One of my grandmothers believed in fairies and the "wee folk"...Do you catch my drift...?

Actually,I love the dear demented who think AA was AN...They keep this forum alive...... :-*

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2006, 09:32:56 PM »
One of my grandmothers believed in fairies and the "wee folk"...Do you catch my drift...?

Actually,I love the dear demented who think AA was AN...They keep this forum alive...... :-*

Unlelss I am reading your post incorrectly,  it seems to me that your post is a good  example for our young people to read and learn  how one can show  a lack of respect for people who think differently than you.

If I am wrong,  I'll certainly apologize.

AGRBear

jeremygaleaz

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2006, 02:54:53 AM »

It's like when my cousin was working on his P-H-D in Psych and they locked all the mental patients who thought they were Jesus  into a room together.....Hey, they can't all be Jesus, it was part of their therapy!....it's horrifying...but so fascinating you have to watch! :o :D  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by jeremygaleaz »

Offline MichaelB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2006, 12:25:30 PM »
Whoever said there weren't fairies and "wee folk"?

Mikey  ;)
Still reading even if I don't post.

Offline niobe

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2006, 12:34:09 PM »

I joined this forum to read and hopefully to engage in historical debate. It is surely unnecessary to describe as "dear demented" those of us who have considered the question of Anna Anderson's identity and decided that she WAS Anastasia. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion- or perhaps I am just old fashioned?
Niobe
(a disappointed "Newbie")