Author Topic: Space Alien Intervention.......  (Read 97224 times)

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
Re: Space Alien Intervention.......
« Reply #345 on: September 07, 2006, 10:51:43 AM »
Thanks! :) What about Samantha? I will post more pics later.

I think your rescue work is great! Some people (like PETA  >:() think all ferals should be killed, but people don't realize many of them like their lives! Cats are animals, and while many are perfectly happy inside, others truly do enjoy their life outside, even being wild and running in the brush. They deserve to live too! Thanks for helping them!

Here's a wonderful organization that helps them in VA

http://www.geocities.com/meowerpower_99.geo/

And speaking of dirty calicos, mine crawled into a heater vent once and came out covered in dust. She looked like a different cat, she was so brown! When I first saw her I thought a stray had found its way inside the house! :D

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 07, 2006, 11:13:37 AM »
Sorry I forgot about your Samantha, Annie. Another beauty. Looks rather plotting, like my Trotsky in a way. What is it with Abbyssians?
As for Peta- you do not know what a shock wave you started ! My friends in England, country folk who do NOT support hunting, were big supporters in the fight to save foxes from the dogs are now questioning them about their treatment of feral cats. Normally, feral cats are welcome around farms and even in the cities as they help control vermin.
 It is about time for the PETA demonstrations at the big fur sellers fall season- Sax, Neiman's, etc. I will not be here for that but my partner and his friends are going to ask them to explain as well. They certainly will not be getting any donations from us  this year, on either side of the Atlantic!
 However, cats are here to stay, no one can stop them from their control of the world !!
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 07, 2006, 11:34:38 AM »
Dear HelenA, Robert, and Annie,

I am responding to the three of you since it seems you are in a clique together in advancing your 'remarks' to me personally on a public forum.

I have had four lovely cats in the past and have loved them wholeheartedly as I do all animals. They are wonderful and have educated me in depth about how they are as a species. I am more than glad that I had the chance to have both cats and dogs in my lifetime and would not change their being in my life for one second.

Now as to my picking and choosing where and to whom I respond, it is a natural thing to do, as many on this forum do, and probably there are people as well as subject threads that you choose to join in or not. There is nothing out of the ordinary in that, and nothing for you to make comment on in that regard at all.

I am sure members do not start or have continued to barb you with commentary individually or together in snide remarks, that children love to do because they have excess of time and as they have learned to do when manners no longer seem to be of value....but on these forums, I belive they still are.

Like spammers who looked to be noticed, because they need attention, I see your continued avenue of subtle barbed attacks to be pitied because of your lack of maturity in how you address people, just because their views may be different than yours. On these forums, as individuals, we have every right to express ourselves and our views, within boundries that are acceptable to the FA, and in that we are not rude nor arrogant to any member. Most members here, aggree or agree to disagree, but don't go off on the deep end as you do. To do so shows immaturity imho...

The many pictures of both human beings and animals on this forum, have in many ways reached out to touch my heart, but as your barbed, and childish remarks have been offered in your estimation, "to work with added feature of public scrutiny", they have failed to reach my heart, because you continue to make waves and really reach to find further ways to be hurtful and harmful. While your remakrs have made their connection with me, think again as an adult of how it is received by the many readers, and the lasting impression it makes in their hearts.

You can continue to make a mark of purposeful comment and offer real apology, and insightful disscusion, by not continuing to throw hurtful barbed words at others, or you just leave a lasting impression of your less than favorable comments, and be seen by the members and countless readers as less than adult contributors....

Tatiana+

TatianaA

Offline Penny_Wilson

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • kingandwilson
« Reply #348 on: September 07, 2006, 11:42:50 AM »
Hey!  What about dogs?  I am ruled by a pack of five mini-huskies:

http://www.kingandwilson.com/dogs/

Two of our three cats are in the photos also -- Koshka and the one not pictured (Wasaki) are/were feral kittens that we got from the pound.  Neither were entirely inside cats, though Koshka enjoyed her creature comforts!  Wasaki always seemed to me to be a bit more of a wild cat than "outside cat" suggests.  She was completely devoted to my husband, but had no use for anyone else -- and she always liked a door or window open so she could make her exits.  Wasaki died two summers ago, aged about sixteen.  Koshka died last December 10th; she was at least thirteen because that's how long we had her.  It was sad to lose them, but I'm happy to think we gave them a good home for so long.

Musclebound came to us outside the grocery store.  This woman plus kids had a box of kittens when I went into the store -- they offered me one and I said "No thanks! I've got two already."  When I came out, there was the box, with baby Musclebound and a brother or sister, left in the bed of my truck.  As I stood there looking around for the woman, this guy ran up and asked if I had seen her because he wanted to take a kitten for his girlfriend.  I let him take his pick of the two abandoned in my truck, and I took Musclebound home myself.  He's huge, he's mellow, and he eats anything -- he's especially fond of rhubarb.

We had locally an experience with an animal "support" group similar to Annie's experience with PETA.  I couldn't say if this local group was affiliated in any way with PETA, but it was virtually the same situation.  Having spent a good deal of my childhood on my grandparents' Welsh farm, I have never had a problem co-existing with feral cats -- I find that any objection to them does not outweigh their use in terms of controlling the local rodent, bat and lizard population.  But maybe that's just me....  :D

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts."  -- A Piece of Good Advice

Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good. -- Henry Rollins

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #349 on: September 07, 2006, 11:45:41 AM »

Alexz and HelenA,

Great pictures of your cats. The expressions are wonderful. Thanks for your sharing.

Tatiana+

Do you only compliment the cats of those whose posts you agree with? I have noticed you do pick and choose whose cats you say you like in all your posts here. Interesting it seems to coincide with whether or not you like the things the owners say! That really isn't fair, you know! Poor cats!

I find these two posts more than childish.

Do you only compliment the cats of those whose posts you agree with? I have noticed you do pick and choose whose cats you say you like in all your posts here. Interesting it seems to coincide with whether or not you like the things the owners say! That really isn't fair, you know! Poor cats!

To be fair, Tania never agrees with my posts, but she did complement my cat. But that's probably only because there is a possibility he may be royalty  ;).

I find them perfect examples of how humans can be "caty"  which is a trait that can be corrected.

>:(

AGRBear
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 11:52:15 AM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline Penny_Wilson

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • kingandwilson
« Reply #350 on: September 07, 2006, 11:46:47 AM »
I must say everyone has such beautiful animals!  Post more pictures!  ;D

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts."  -- A Piece of Good Advice

Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good. -- Henry Rollins

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 07, 2006, 11:51:57 AM »
Penny,

Your dogs, and cat, and horse are beautiful. Their names are quite unusual. How did they come to be named?
Also, how old is your horse. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Tatiana+
TatianaA

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 07, 2006, 12:11:05 PM »
Beautiful pack of bow-wows, Penny. But I bet I can tell who the bosses are in your tribe of fur friends.
 We had dogs for many years, including 4 beautiful Great Danes, boy, could they EAT ! They all lived long and healthy lives, the last, a wonderful Shelty, diied peacefully at 18 years old in 1988. All were also rescue dogs. They Danes being "runts" and due to be put down. And they all got along very nicely with the cats ! Now it is just cats And a backyard fishpond.
 I would love to have a chihuahua now, but travel too much to look after it properly.
 The only objection to cats I ever hear in Britain is from bird lovers- they say the felines are reducing the songbird population. That argument is countered  by the fact that  other ferals  are more responsible as well as the more agressive birds- nest raiders. So, you are not alone in thinking they are welcome, for the most part. We are actually in the process of rehabing the village pond and restocking it with ducks and, if we can affford it, swans. Little Beds. village goes posh with swans !

« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 12:40:01 PM by Robert_Hall »
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #353 on: September 07, 2006, 12:34:45 PM »
Tania wrote:
Like spammers who looked to be noticed, because they need attention, I see your continued avenue of subtle barbed attacks to be pitied because of your lack of maturity in how you address people, just because their views may be different than yours.

Intersting.This is exactly how I see your posts, subtly putting one down by overpraising another, making a 'political statement.' And your rants never make any sense. Sorry.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #354 on: September 07, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »
Sorry I forgot about your Samantha, Annie. Another beauty. Looks rather plotting, like my Trotsky in a way. What is it with Abbyssians?

Yes they do look related, and so does bear's cat. I want a DNA test!

As for Peta- you do not know what a shock wave you started ! My friends in England, country folk who do NOT support hunting, were big supporters in the fight to save foxes from the dogs are now questioning them about their treatment of feral cats. Normally, feral cats are welcome around farms and even in the cities as they help control vermin.
 It is about time for the PETA demonstrations at the big fur sellers fall season- Sax, Neiman's, etc. I will not be here for that but my partner and his friends are going to ask them to explain as well. They certainly will not be getting any donations from us  this year, on either side of the Atlantic!

Thank you Robert, you're great! I'm glad you're letting people know the awful truth.

It seems PETA doesn't care if some animal die, they just complain about some of the methods used. For example, they may not want the foxes killed by dogs, but they wouldn't mind 'putting down' a fox.They make a big deal of rounding up hunting dogs as the end of the season, then kill them their own way (and remember they use improper dosages of the lethal injection) They are just murderers, and I can't understand their rationale. It's actually very sick. The ones in England need to know about what happened at the US headquarters. I feel like a family member of a murder victim, I can't save the poor precious cats I gave them when I didn't know better, and their trusting faces haunt me all the time. I am honestly scarred for life by the experience. I can't explain how deeply emotionally damaged I am by their cruel actions and lies. >:( :'(

However, cats are here to stay, no one can stop them from their control of the world !!

I hope so! A cat revolution, let them take over, we'll be better off!

And EVERYONE'S pics are lovely and all the  pets are beautiful and special! :-*

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #355 on: September 07, 2006, 01:00:02 PM »
Well, it seems like no matter what our differences and disagreements have been in other things, what we all certainly seem to have in common is love for animals! 

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 07, 2006, 01:11:44 PM »
Yes, Helen That is thankfully pretty universal here, is it not?
 I think we are adopting another feral litter- whilst I am away- but Randy does not know that I know what he is up to ! Fortunately, once they are old enough, and fixed, and have their shots they can join the others  up on the hill where his Antique Mall is. They will always have plenty of food, safe and away from the busy streets, warm shelter. A right kitty resort he runs. Some, while still young & cute even get adopted ! You should see the act they put on when the store opens- they all come running down for their breakfast- just like in the cat food commercials, lined up perfectly. Same in the evening when the place closes- for dinner.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #357 on: September 07, 2006, 03:39:54 PM »
That's so cute! When they're still young you can tame them to be house cats. It's hard to believe now but my Samantha was from a kind of feral litter. Her father was the neighborhood stray, and the mother was an abandoned pet who had gone wild and lost her trust of humans. She was known as "Ma" in the neighborhood. She was wandering skinny and hungry one night I was out for a walk, and she finally came to me in desperation. She let me pick her up adn I took her home and fed her.She purred, and came back every day. I knew she'd been pregnant but thought the kittens had died. I went on a long vacation and paid my neighbor to feed her. When I came back, there was a very playful litter of kitties living in my shed! Ma's kittens were alive, and she brought them to me!

From there the story takes on a happy and sad twist. We took in Samantha and a sister of hers, (they were too wild to pick up, my daughter caught them in a ca carrier with a string on the door and pulled it closed.) and we kept them. Samantha became a very tame little lady but her ssiter Ratch was always touchy, even inside. Sadly, Ratch was shot by one of my mean redneck neighbors, though there was no 'proof' I iknow he did it.  :'( Samantha had kittens by my tomcat Bambi, and the cats I have today are among their descendants.

Very sadly, Ma and the other kittens (grown up the next year) ended up with PETA. This is why I am so heartbroken. I Knew them, I loved them, and I fell for the lies and promises of 'foster homes' and good homes when nothing awaited but certain death. They were living under my neighbor's house at that time, and the PETA worker used the trust the cats had for my friend to get them to come to her (she would have kept them but the neighbors kept callling the pound in them, and the lady felt PETA was better than the pound, she was wrong. At least the pound gives them a few days to find a home, not immediate death like PETA) I get so mad and sad every time I think of how that elderly lady and I helped the PETA worker round up the cats for their trip to a facilitiy in the country that never existed, and homes that were never there. We were duped into sending some very intelligent, beaiutiful cats to their doom by a lying, evil woman who only wanted to kill them. It hurts and haunts me forever. :'( Sometimes the only way I can even deal with it is to somehow compare them to OTMAA, taken way too soon and unfairly by someone who killed them lied about it. But even that doesn't help much.

When I look at Samantha, I think how lucky she is to be alive, and each of her descendants are a link to Ma and the wild past. I tell them about it, silly asa that may seem, I tell them about all of their ancestors and what special kitties they were. If I Can hold these now, I'd like to think I did a little bit of good to save them. :'(

My Bambi disappeared the same day PETA took the others. I didn't give him up but I tihnk she took him while I was inside. See, their tactic was to put them in a 'humane trap' and cover them with a towel. I know now this is because they didn't want to see their little faces knowing they were going to kill them. They called the rounding up of animals 'Community Animal Project' and acted as if they were a legiitmate resecue organiization. It was a lie. They knew if they told us the truth, we wouoln't help them find animals.

Stray lived to a ripe old age. I'd see him once eer so often, sometimes crossing the road a mile from my home. He would lay around my place for dasys, or sometime just come for dinner and go, then, nothing for weeks, even months, But the old vagabond always turned back up. For nine years he did this (grown when he frist started coming, I don't know how old he was by then) Then one October day, he showed up looking especially old, ragged and fragile. He tried to get inside- something he had NEVER done- but the other cats didn't accept this so I thought it best not to start a fight and left him on the porch. Samantha always remembered him as her Daddy, and they rubbed noses and nuzzled. He lay around a few days, on the porch, on my car. I was worried the mean neighbor would get him. Then one night, he ate his dinner and walked around the curved bend in the road just around dusk, as he always did. Only this time I never saw him again. Somewhere out there, he found rest and peace, and I hope, is with all the others now.

Okay I'm crying, I'll stop now.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 03:42:49 PM by Annie »

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 07, 2006, 03:57:41 PM »
Oh, Annie, how heartbreaking.  You have me teared up as well !
 Fortunately, here, we have a no-kill SPCA and the Animal Control of SF is pretty decent as well- turning over to SPCA whatever they can take.  At first I thought we were going to overwhelmed with cats, but they do seem to know their way around. Some dissapear for a few days, come back then travel on again. Some just stay put- they know where their next meal is ! My partner has most of the neighbours in on the feral project and it is a proven success.  Sadly, as always, there is one spoilsport who does not co-operate and  twice a year new litters to take care of- which he leaves everyone else to do. So far, after 6 years of almost full participation, we have lost only 2 or 3 cats. And those were uncurable medical conditions. It was more humane to put them asleep than let them suffer.
 I know what you mean about the kitty genealogy- Randy knows who is which's litter mate, father [the rogues] mothers [the tramps] and uncles and aunts, grandparents, etc.. We love them all !
 BUT- try to get him to remember Romanov genealogy ? Forget it !

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 07, 2006, 04:04:57 PM »
I'm sincerely sorry Annie that your beloved cats were killed the way they were. For me to hear an animal is harmed, tortured, or killed, it is upsetting to me as well. When one has gathered ones trust, only to have their trust betrayed it is a very difficult emotion to get a hold of. Betrayal of anyone, anything, is cruel and unwarrented. In your case, it left more than a family upset and with difficulty to trust people and community agencies such as PETA ever again.

I am happy to see that you do have the remainder of cats to have given you some happiness, and understanding that they were able to escape the haunting undrerstanding that the others went through. Thank you for sharing your story. I know it will be an alert for many others who would want to adopt pets, and or who might be approached by PETA. I hope in time you will be able to less upset from this terrible situation of your pets, etc. I know you won't forget, but i do hope the hurt will be lesser.

Tatiana+
TatianaA