Author Topic: Maria Romanova  (Read 24698 times)

Offline nene

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Maria Romanova
« on: January 11, 2006, 11:14:03 AM »
I just finished reading an article about Maria Romanova. According to the article, she has been trying to get Russia to admit that the murders of Nicholas II and his family was unjust.

If you'd like to check out the article, here is the link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20060109/CZAR09/TPInternational/Europe

Just in case anybody was interested.

Take care everybody!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by nene »

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Maria Romanova
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 12:03:19 PM »
I doubt Nicholas II has any descendants,  except imposters, and we know that drill-that the whole family died at Ekatrinburg-and doesn't this belong on the survivors board-or whatever that is. ???

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 01:52:52 PM »
The Maria Romanova in question is HIH Grand Duchess Marie Wladimirovna, de jure Empress of Russia - only daughter of the late Grand Duke Wladimir, and thus, the grandaughter of Grand Duke Kirill and Grand Duchess Victoria.

I just finished reading an article about one of Nicholas II's descendants. Her name is Maria Romanova, and according to the article, she has been trying to get Russia to admit that the murders of Nicholas II and his family was unjust.

If you'd like to check out the article, here is the link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20060109/CZAR09/TPInternational/Europe

Just in case anybody was interested.

Take care everybody!

Author of Queen Victoria's Descendants,
& publisher of Royal Book News.
Visit my blog, Royal Musings  http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

Offline nene

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 02:23:41 PM »
The Maria Romanova in question is HIH Grand Duchess Marie Wladimirovna, de jure Empress of Russia - only daughter of the late Grand Duke Wladimir, and thus, the grandaughter of Grand Duke Kirill and Grand Duchess Victoria.

Thanks a bunch for the update.

Again, take care.

Versoix

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 02:36:05 PM »

"De jure" Empress of Russia? Meaning, literally, empress "by right"? That may be the poster's opinion, but it is hardly a fact.

As can be found elsewhere here, the Romanov succession is a mess, featuring various potential claimants whose claims rest on various disputed foundations. I think it's clear that there's no one claimant who meets the terms of the Fundamental Laws as they stood as of, say, April 1, 1917.

It appears there are only three ways to settle the succession. 1) For the Romanov family to put the knives away and rally around a candidate; 2) For the Russian Duma to proclaim a candidate, wth the blessing of the church, and 3) For the convening of a contemporary "zemskii sobor," such as the one that set Michael Romanov on the throne in 1613. On the other hand, the sobor could award the crown to a new dynasty ...

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 09:48:48 AM »

I stand by my comment, as I recognize Maria as the head of the house .. foundations mean nothing  - the head of that particular foundation is not a dynast as his father's marriage did not conform to the family law ... it took me a few years to come around, but a careful examination of the fundamental laws led me to accept that Maria is certainly the head of the family ...in fact, there are only three members of the Romanov dynasty currently alive, unless Pss Catherine has died.

"De jure" Empress of Russia? Meaning, literally, empress "by right"? That may be the poster's opinion, but it is hardly a fact.

As can be found elsewhere here, the Romanov succession is a mess, featuring various potential claimants whose claims rest on various disputed foundations. I think it's clear that there's no one claimant who meets the terms of the Fundamental Laws as they stood as of, say, April 1, 1917.

It appears there are only three ways to settle the succession. 1) For the Romanov family to put the knives away and rally around a candidate; 2) For the Russian Duma to proclaim a candidate, wth the blessing of the church, and 3) For the convening of a contemporary "zemskii sobor," such as the one that set Michael Romanov on the throne in 1613. On the other hand, the sobor could award the crown to a new dynasty ...

Author of Queen Victoria's Descendants,
& publisher of Royal Book News.
Visit my blog, Royal Musings  http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 12:01:45 PM »
I think Grand Duchess Maria Vladmirovna is the head of the house, and I wish that someone had not posted that she is a descendant of Nicholas II, she is most certainly a relative with imperial blood, but not a literal descendant.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by romanov_fan »

Offline RomanovFan

• Knyaz
  • THE BIG PAIR, 1914
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 05:18:30 PM »
I think you're right imperial angel. Maria Vladimirovna is the current head of the House of Romanov, and I think she is considered tutilar empress (I don't think I spelled that right) of Russia; her son George Mikhailovich is considered heir tsarevitch, I believe.
~LESLIE~

ROMANOV FAN SINCE 1997

Offline JonC

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 07:47:51 PM »
Maria Vladimirovna has filed a lawsuit against the Moscow Prosecutor's office demanding that Tsar Nicholas 2nd and his family be 'rehabilitated'. Can someone explain exactly what this means for the Tsar and his family. Also, does Maria have the legal right to do so? And...why is she taking this action?

Offline russimperial

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 02:59:29 AM »
Greetings,

You should have look  at the Russian Imperial Union Order web site,  HIHMaria [ Head of this Order] her personal web site is under the section ''Press'' plus many of the Russian Imperial Union Order web sites from Russia its self, much discussion on the subject avaiable. The descendents of the White Army are the basis of the Order and speak with authority on thes issues, no fantasy material at all, the Order has been active since the revolution.

Imperial Regards.

http://www.riuo.org/

Offline Kostya

• The Greatest Poet!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 09:53:50 AM »
I did not want to open a new thread to ask this question but i am really confused.  

Who is the Rightful Head of the House of Romanov today?  This Maria Vladimirovna clims to be the heir but according to family law she cannot be head or her son be heir for the reason that:

1. females cannot inherit the title as long as a male member lives

Another question is Nicholas Romanov the true head or is there another person who is the TRUE head.  

The Vladimirovich from what i have read are considered, by many, to be traitors because of their rapid support of the reds.  

I may be wrong in my assertions and i welcome any corrections.  I would just like know who is the real head and if this Maria Vladimirovna isn't just blowing smoke.
But to lose heart, my friend, is sinful: Glance, as God peace it is excellent.

K.R.

Offline JonC

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 07:25:12 PM »
Somehow it is a little unbelievable how no-one wants to grace this topic with a the answers it calls for. At the time of this writing it has been read some 86 times. I need to get answers here....so!...where are all the Romanov scholars? Or is Maria Vladimirovna too imposing?

Offline Prince_Christopher

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 09:36:29 PM »
I think the basic problem is that none of the living "claimants" have a totally acceptable position for claiming the throne, according to the Pauline laws.

The various claimants are either a woman (Maria Vladimirovna) or descended from divorced women, unorthodox mothers, or unequal marriages.

Really, with so many monarchies changing their laws of succession in today's world, in my opinion, the Pauline Laws are outdated.

In my opinion, barring the traitorous actions of her grandparents, which is a hard thing to get over, the person with the best claim to the throne is Maria herself.  Coming in second would be the Illyinski descendants of Grand Duke Dimitri.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Prince_Christopher »
Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing.
--Cicero

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 10:53:32 PM »
Maria Vladimirovna has filed a lawsuit against the Moscow Prosecutor's office demanding that Tsar Nicholas 2nd and his family be 'rehabilitated'. Can someone explain exactly what this means for the Tsar and his family.

The Procurator found no cause that Nikolai II and members of the Family were victims of political repression. Therefore the Procurator declared that there cound not be rehabilitation.

No documentation exists from either a court or administrative body declaring they were to die.

What ever "charges" the bolsheviks may have brought against Nikolai could not be entertained by the Procurator, because Nikolai was never brought to Moscow to defend himself.

These are a vital considerations regarding this determination. Lenin never gave a formal written order to kill Nikolai, nor was there a judicial body to examine Nikolai's alleged crimes against the soviet state.

Also, does Maria have the legal right to do so?

The Court further handed down that only those who were repressed or their direct relatives who are aggrieved can make a claim for political rehabilitation. There is, according to the Court, no one who has that kind of legal standing today.

M. V. is not a directly aggrieved relative, nor is she repressed herself, therefore her claim must be considered to be frivolous.

And...why is she taking this action?

Publicity for herself.

It is interesting to note that M. V. expressed absolutely no interest about the faithful individuals who died together with the Imperial family.

Also of interest, the Moscow Russian Orthodox Church on February 21, 2006, declared that the Imperial Family does not require legal rehabilitation. They also declared that the General Procurator's Office was "competant to make their conclusions on the basis of law alone."

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 11:04:29 PM »
Maria Vladimirovna has filed a lawsuit against the Moscow Prosecutor's office demanding that Tsar Nicholas 2nd and his family be 'rehabilitated'. Can someone explain exactly what this means for the Tsar and his family.

Another legal point worthy to consider is that the Procurator is using current Russian rehabilitation legislation to hand down his determinations.

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/