Author Topic: New Tudor series  (Read 147295 times)

Offline Kimberly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Loyaulte me lie
    • View Profile
Re: New Showtime series about the Tudors
« Reply #420 on: July 26, 2008, 03:59:54 PM »
So its totally historically accurate then Simon!! Thank gawd for that.
Member of the Richard III Society

Offline Mari

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 26, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »
ittle realizing that they are being overheard by Thomas and Edward Seymour, who are actually werewolves belonging to the cult that has opposed the evil vampires for all of these centuries. The Seymours and Anne/Cromwell battle it out on the roof

You ought to go in for screen writing. The movies would  buy it! Then all of us could watch
another historic Movie.  Slant it from the Seymour side this time...working title Seymours: Cult of Evil!

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Miss the kings, but not the kingdoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 29, 2008, 11:50:33 AM »
It was pretty cool. Anne of Cleves, played by Brigitte Nielsen, fights her way into England and kills Jane Seymour with her bare hands.

Ah . . . British history as only Oliver Stone could grasp it.

Offline Louis_Charles

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 29, 2008, 12:16:49 PM »
Well, of course, the secret villain in the whole Tudor historical sequence was Lyndon Baines Johnson.
"Simon --- Classy AND Compassionate!"

"The road to enlightenment is long and difficult, so take snacks and a magazine."

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #424 on: July 29, 2008, 12:49:38 PM »
No, it was Fidel Castro.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 31, 2008, 02:03:56 PM »
In any case, the joke is on us, since The Tudors has been nominated for 2008 Emmy Awards... http://www.sho.com/site/announcements/20080717Emmy.do?source=m__tudors2_tudorshome_july08_emmynom?source=tudorspromo1

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 31, 2008, 02:07:02 PM »
Could you die?   :P

Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series
The Tudors
Nuala Moiselle, Casting By
Frank Moiselle, Casting By
Mary Jo Slater, C.S.A., US Casting By
Steve Brooksbank, C.S.A., US Casting By

Offline Louis_Charles

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 01, 2008, 10:31:25 PM »
Four people were involved in casting this thing, and not one of them could locate a picture of Henry VIII to get some kind of fix on what he actually looked like? I would have liked to have sat in on a casting session, though.

"Can you say this line without giggling?"
"Let me try. 'Oh my Lord, you are so hot, Sire, I ----'. No, sorry."
"Quite all right. Next?"

"The road to enlightenment is long and difficult, so take snacks and a magazine."

Offline Vecchiolarry

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 01, 2008, 10:57:36 PM »
Hi,

Mary Jo Slater is the mother of actor Christian Slater and an intelligent woman.  If she had a hand in casting any of this, then she should hang her head in shame.  Nobody looks like they should in this series and it plays like a bad comedy.
I can only surmise that she was overruled in her choices of actors &actresses.
I certainly hope nobody wins Emmys for this junk;  but now-a-days Emmys and Oscars are given for garbage...

Larry

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 05, 2008, 06:59:48 PM »
Hi,

Mary Jo Slater is the mother of actor Christian Slater and an intelligent woman.  If she had a hand in casting any of this, then she should hang her head in shame.  Nobody looks like they should in this series and it plays like a bad comedy.
I can only surmise that she was overruled in her choices of actors &actresses.
I certainly hope nobody wins Emmys for this junk;  but now-a-days Emmys and Oscars are given for garbage...

Larry

I believe they won the Golden Globe last year... So I wouldn't be that surprised if they win an Emmy this year. I mean, the fact that they were nominated for "Outstanding casting".. .Well, what more can you say. Perhaps Mary Jo is rusty on her English history.

Offline Kimberly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Loyaulte me lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 13, 2008, 07:18:56 AM »
I don't know wether this is old news but the singer, Joss Stone, is going to play the part of Anne of Cleves.
Member of the Richard III Society

Offline FaithWhiteRose

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 13, 2008, 02:43:57 PM »
It was pretty cool. Anne of Cleves, played by Brigitte Nielsen, fights her way into England and kills Jane Seymour with her bare hands. No, wait. She kills her with ninja stars. Much more true to the period. She and Thomas Cromwell are revealed to be vampires, the last remnants of a blood cult that began in ancient Egypt. They congratulate themselves upon the success of their vampire plot, little realizing that they are being overheard by Thomas and Edward Seymour, who are actually werewolves belonging to the cult that has opposed the evil vampires for all of these centuries. The Seymours and Anne/Cromwell battle it out on the roof of Hampton Palace during a banquet at which Henry is seduced by Katherine Howard, who is actually a time traveler from the 34th century, sent back in time to discover the secret of Henry's incredible youthfulness. The Seymours manage to behead Thomas Cromwell (veracity! Everywhere you go, historical veracity!), and Anne accepts her defeat and retires to the countryside, where she and Mary Boleyn, the Other Vampire Girl, found Hogwarts. Meanwhile, Katherine has succeeded in seducing Henry VIII, and they are married. But at the wedding a mysterious woman arrives to stop the ceremony. She claims to be Anne Bolyen, and to have been spirited out of the execution in the Tower by a compassionate guard when her head was only half-off. She has now returned, determined to claim her inheritance as a former Queen of England.

I think Voldemort makes his first appearance in Season 3. I, for one, am very excited.

Oh! And don't tell me... both Lestat and Edward Cullen come to avenge the death of Thomas Cromwell! ;-)

Offline Kurt Steiner

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 16, 2008, 08:15:59 AM »
Oh! And don't tell me... both Lestat and Edward Cullen come to avenge the death of Thomas Cromwell! ;-)

Actually, Lestat was busy searching for the Vera Ikon in Canterbury, and got late to avenge no one...

Offline Louis_Charles

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 16, 2008, 12:53:34 PM »
Okay, can we leave Lestat out of it? You people seem to be treating The Tudors as some kind of fictional work, instead of the serious history it is intended to be. Lestat did not appear in The Tudors. That was Armand. Sheesh, people. Pay attention.

Offline Kurt Steiner

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 17, 2008, 05:14:24 AM »
All my fault! How can I doubt the veracity of such a high quality work of art, that makes Henry Fitzroy to die at the age of 3!!!

Well, at least they didn't turn him into a vampire... Wait, another serie already did that...

That black sense of humor of mine...