Author Topic: Imperial Street Decorations in Saint Petersburg  (Read 5417 times)

David_Pritchard

Imperial Street Decorations in Saint Petersburg
« on: January 29, 2006, 11:36:29 PM »
Imperial Russian celebratory street and architectural decorations have always impressed me by their extravagance and their ingenuity. Below are photographs of such decorations in the city of Saint Petersburg.

The fašade of Gostiny Dvor, Nevsky Prospekt, decorated for the Coronation of Nikolas II, 1896.

Bicentennial Celebration of the City of Saint Petersburg held at Peter I's Square, 1903.

I will post more photographs for Saint Petersburg and will start a similar thread for Moscow.

David

David_Pritchard

Re: Imperial Street Decorations in Saint Petersbur
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 01:13:43 PM »

Emperor Nikolai II arriving at Narodny Dom for the 300th Anniversary Celebration of the Imperial House of Romanov, 1913. K.K. Bulla, photographer.

David_Pritchard

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 01:30:52 PM »

Officers of the Egerskii Regiment of Life Guards in front of their barracks decorated to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the victory of the Russians over Napoleon at the Battle of Kulm (now Chelmno, Poland), 1913. K.K. Bulla, photographer.

David_Pritchard

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 03:36:51 PM »
Builiding fašade decorated for the Coronation of Nikolai II at Bolshaya Morskaya Ulitsa, Dom 8. Photograph by K.K. Bulla, 1896.

David_Pritchard

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 03:53:09 PM »
The equestrian statue of HIH Grand Duke Nikolai Nikolaevich (the Elder) decorated with memorial or funereal wreaths on its day of unveiling, 13 January 1914. Photograph by K.K. Bulla.