Author Topic: Spam Email  (Read 7931 times)

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
Spam Email
« on: June 25, 2004, 11:11:56 AM »
To our Users;

We have been notified that someone has come into the Forum, again, copied addresses, and then sent out harassing emails.  These latest emails are from the defendant in an ongoing lawsuit that Bob Atchison filed in 2003.  Please accept our most sincere and heartfelt apologies that this has happened.

If anyone has questions or comments regarding these emails, please contact the Forum Administrator.

Encouraging the wonderful growth of this forum and the free exchange of ideas and information is our goal, and we believe that having your emails available publicly will encourage more discussion and interaction. However, anyone who wishes that their email address be hidden from public view should please let me know and I will do so immediately.

Forum Admin
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by admin »

NAAOTMA

Re: Spam Email
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 12:48:53 PM »
Thank you so much for taking such good care of us all! It is very much appreciated. Melissa K.

Offline Merrique

• Knyaz
  • aka Yekaterina Yevgenievna
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 05:40:33 PM »
I think I received one of those emails.It seemed to be full of a lot of crap.I just reported it as spam and deleted it.It's such a sad thing when idiot people like this try to cause trouble for no other reason than to bother people.

I think Bob has done such a wonderful thing with creating the AP website and these forums are a wonderful addition to that.I hope you win your lawsuit Bob.I for one stand behind you.I think you are a wonderful person for creating this site and sharing your knowledge with the world. :)
Don't knock on Death's door....ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.:D

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 06:39:24 PM »
I've received about a half dozen calls and emails about this, all very supportive of Bob. The best response to this in my opinion - is to ignore it.

Offline David_Newell

• Boyar
  • We shall meet again in far, far better place
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 04:12:57 AM »
I regard Bob as a close friend I have never met, I found this email bewildering, but I intend to regard it as junk and it has been sent to the great cyber bin. Bob as always has my support and I hope that he is well and
keeping his chin up.

David Newell London

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 09:26:20 AM »
The process for blocking unwanted email varies depending on what type of browser or email program you have. In most cases, you'll need the sender's email address.

Here are instructions for a few popular email programs. If your program is not listed, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for information about blocking email.

Microsoft Outlook
There are several ways to block email from Microsoft Outlook. Here's one of the easiest:

With the email open, select the Actions menu.

Select Junk Email to automatically place emails from this sender in the Junk Email folder.

Or:

Select the Tools menu.

Select Rules Wizard to set up a filter (blocker) to look for certain words and automatically place emails with these words in a junk folder.

Netscape Messenger
To set up a filter to block email messages with certain words:

In the Messenger window, choose Message Filters from the Edit menu.

In the Message Filters dialog box, click New.

In the Filter Rules dialog box, enter information for the emails you'd like to block. For example, you may want to block all emails starting with getrichquick@xxx.com.

AOL
To block email using the AOL Mail Controls feature:
Make sure you're signed onto AOL using a master screen name (the first screen name you created when you joined AOL, as well as any other screen names that have been designated as master screen names using Parental Controls).

Click the Set Up Mail Controls button. All the screen names on your account will appear.

Select the screen name for which you'd like to set Mail Controls.

&Click Edit and set up the Mail Controls as you wish.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 02:36:07 PM »
I didn't get any harrasing emails, what are they about?

Helen

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 10:26:54 PM »
It's better to not discuss on the forum. Feel free to IM me or the Forum Administrator.