Author Topic: Pictures of the Interiors as they were  (Read 138150 times)

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures of the Interiors as they were
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2007, 08:25:35 AM »
Some new views of the AP, with thanks to Geglov2-3!

Palisander Room (new angle):

Working Study of NII (wider view):

Mauve Room (wider view):

THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2007, 08:34:05 AM »
Imperial Bedroom (new angle):

Playroom (slightly diffrent angle and arrangement of toys & furniture):

Aleksei's Classroom (wider view):

Thanks again to Geglov2-3 for posting a link to the site where I found these!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
  • I love NAOTMAA ....and Holly ...most ardently
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2007, 03:57:16 PM »
Wow Sarushka those are exceedingly good, are they in fact some of those water colors done after the Imperial Family left? If so would that mean colored versions exist?  :)
"...I am in Tatiana's room...Olga and Tatiana are here. I am sitting and digging in my nose with my left hand... Olga wanted to slap me but I ran away from her swinish hand..."
-Anastasia Nicholaievna Romanova, May 8th, 1913

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2007, 05:19:23 PM »
Wow Sarushka those are exceedingly good, are they in fact some of those water colors done after the Imperial Family left? If so would that mean colored versions exist?  :)

Nope, these are different from the watercolors. The paintings were only of the children's rooms upstairs. I know I've posted all the watercolors I've got somewhere around here. Let me know if you can't find them with the search function (I'd look in the Alexander Palace threads for "watercolor") and I'll repost them.

Offline Condecontessa

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2007, 06:22:25 PM »
Sarushka,

Could you please kindly post the Grand Duchesses' bathroom in the Alexander Palace? I was going through the first page of this thread and the thumbnail image isn't there anymore. And also Maria and Anastasia's bedroom as well. Thanks.

Condecontessa

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2007, 10:06:44 PM »
Shoot -- a lot of my palace images have gone AWOL and I don't know why...  :-\ Let me know when you spot more missing ones and I'll repost them.

Offline Condecontessa

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2007, 10:49:17 PM »
I didn't know the room where Anastasia was hanging on was their bathroom!!! Is there a pic of the infamous silver tub that bathed a string of Imperial babies in the Alexander Palace? I have a feeling it might exist because its kind of private. Thanks Sarushka for reposting the pics.

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2007, 11:43:57 PM »

Nope, these are different from the watercolors. The paintings were only of the children's rooms upstairs. I know I've posted all the watercolors I've got somewhere around here. Let me know if you can't find them with the search function (I'd look in the Alexander Palace threads for "watercolor") and I'll repost them.

Oh my, Sarushka you're too kind!! ;D When were these other, correct me if I'm wrong, water colours (?) done?  I wasn't able to locate the upper floor water colours through the search toolbar, but thanks for the tip.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 11:52:23 PM by NAOTMAA Fan »
"...I am in Tatiana's room...Olga and Tatiana are here. I am sitting and digging in my nose with my left hand... Olga wanted to slap me but I ran away from her swinish hand..."

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2007, 07:01:34 AM »
Oh my, Sarushka you're too kind!! ;D When were these other, correct me if I'm wrong, water colours (?) done?  I wasn't able to locate the upper floor water colours through the search toolbar, but thanks for the tip.  ;)

Here's the thread: Interior watercolors of the AP

I didn't know the room where Anastasia was hanging on was their bathroom!!! Is there a pic of the infamous silver tub that bathed a string of Imperial babies in the Alexander Palace? I have a feeling it might exist because its kind of private. Thanks Sarushka for reposting the pics.

I've never seen a photo of the bathtub. :(

Offline Condecontessa

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2007, 01:04:15 PM »
I wonder what happened with the silver tub. I'm sure the Bolsheviks melted it to help pay for their "finances". Or did the Nazi's stole the tub during WWII? It's kind of funny imagining a bunch of Nazi's running away with the silver tub( I'm still saying that there was nothing funny with WWII). A picture of it might not exist because it was private.

Condecontessa

Offline pastpalacelife

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2007, 01:30:36 AM »
[/img]  I wonder if this picture will post,  its been so long that I have forgotten how to do this

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2007, 03:11:58 PM »
Thanks again Sarushka!!  ;D

Offline Alexandre64

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2007, 08:16:08 AM »
Hello,
I made a photo montage, with 2 photos that this alexanderpalace.org found on the wall of the main semi-circular Hall:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj213/Alexandre64_2007/Palais%20Alexandre/Semicirculaire.jpg

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »
That painting in the second last one looks like one of those hideously overdone paintings Kaiser Wilhelm endlessly gave Nicky and Alix during the Russo-Japanese war x__x