Do you have a source for the Biography of this Author? I have found that he wrote The Memoirs of the Empress Marie Louise. From the French of Imbert ... and that he is listed in Chamber's Encyclopedia: A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge as a source for the works of Madame Girardin. He is also listed with these Authors as a leading history of the Second Empire: (see below)
Among the leading comprehensive histories of the Second Empire include:
* De la Gorce, Histoire du second empire, (four volumes, Paris, 1885-98), and
* Taxile Delord, Histoire du second empire, (six volumes, Paris, 1869-76).
* Bernhard Simson, Ueber die Beziehungen Napoleond III. zu Preussen und Deutschland, (Freiburg, 1882)
* Adolf Ebeling, Napoleon III. und sein Hof, (Cologne, 1891-94)
* Thirra, Napoléon III avant l'empire, (Paris, 1895)
* E. Ollivier, L'Empire libéral, (Paris, 1895-1909)
* A. L. Imbert de Saint-Amand, Napoleon III at the Height of his Power, (New York, 1900)
* T. W. Evans, Memoirs of the Second French Empire, (New York, 1905)
* David Harvey, Paris: Capital of Modernity, (New York: Routledge, 2003)
* Marie-Clotilde-Elisabeth Louise de Riquet, comtesse de Mercy-Argenteau, The Last Love of an Emperor: reminiscences of the Comtesse Louise de Mercy-Argenteau, née Princesse de Caraman-Chimay, describing her association with the Emperor Napoléon III and the social and political part she played at the close of the Second Empire (Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & Co., 1926)
But I would love to learn more about him....