Author Topic: Contact info for Maria Vladamirovna??  (Read 22454 times)

Offline DKS_Bobrovnikova

• Impetus, Fastus, Fides
    • View Profile
    • DKS Designs
Contact info for Maria Vladamirovna??
« on: February 27, 2006, 01:05:04 AM »
Does anyone know how I might go about writing to her?? Try as I might, I can find no information on the web about how to write to her. Also, does anyone know if she can speak english or should I write the letter in Russian?? Any help on this would be great! ;D
D. Bobrovnikova

The only sure way to posess a conquered city is to destroy it- N. Machiavelli

David_Pritchard

Re: Contact info for Maria Vladamirovna??
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 02:55:58 AM »
Does anyone know how I might go about writing to her?? Try as I might, I can find no information on the web about how to write to her. Also, does anyone know if she can speak english or should I write the letter in Russian?? Any help on this would be great! ;D

I know that the Grand Duchess speaks Russian, French, English, Spanish and Portuguese. I suspect that she also speaks German and Italian.

You might check her website for contact information. The English version is in its rudimentary developement presently so it would be best to use the Russian language version. http://www.imperialhouse.ru/

If you do not find what you need, write me a PM explaining why you want to contact the Grand Duchess. If your response is reasonable, I can assist you.

David

Offline DKS_Bobrovnikova

• Impetus, Fastus, Fides
    • View Profile
    • DKS Designs
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 03:10:46 AM »
I did go to her website but the link to the english version is not active so I can't read a thing on it. :-) I would like to ask her some quesitions about the structure of the Imperial giverment and how posts such as Mayoral posts were appointed (or even if they were appointed). I am also interested in if these posts were hereditary. It is my understanding the she has been recognized as the head of the Romanov family and she would porbably be most knowledgable about this sort of thing (I hope). This is part of my research into the Bobrovnikov family. Thanks a bunch!
D. Bobrovnikova

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 08:35:18 AM »
Those questions are not appropriate for Maria Vladimirovna. She is not necessarily an expert on Imperial Russian Government details as it existed pre-1917. Such questions are the exact reason for THIS website. Please go to the appropriate Imperial Russian History threads and ask them there.

David_Pritchard

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 11:07:52 AM »
Those questions are not appropriate for Maria Vladimirovna. She is not necessarily an expert on Imperial Russian Government details as it existed pre-1917. Such questions are the exact reason for THIS website. Please go to the appropriate Imperial Russian History threads and ask them there.

The Forum Administrator is correct. Your questions are for the Forum or for an academic, not for the Grand Duchess.

David

Offline DKS_Bobrovnikova

• Impetus, Fastus, Fides
    • View Profile
    • DKS Designs
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 12:41:54 PM »
My apologies. I am new to this sort of thing so I apologize for any errors in etiquette. Out of curiosity, what <i>would</I> be appropriate things to write to the Grand Duchess about??
D. Bobrovnikova

David_Pritchard

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 04:56:01 PM »
My apologies. I am new to this sort of thing so I apologize for any errors in etiquette. Out of curiosity, what <i>would</I> be appropriate things to write to the Grand Duchess about??

Material or financial donations for her charitable work in Russia. Volunteering assistance in raising funds or material donations for her charitable efforts. Other issues like confirmations of old titles, nobility, coats-of-arms and propopsals to the Imperial Orders would be handled firstly by her staff and then submitted to her for approval.

David

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 05:33:08 PM »

I'm a little confused by this. You committed no breaches of etiquette in asking the questions. You were directed to those who could better answer the questions you have. And you are wondering what to write the Grand Duchess about? I would think topics relating to the current Imperial house - and I would not expect a reply.

Offline Trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 09:02:59 PM »
So would i have to contact her to get my families titles back?

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 10:26:50 PM »
I can hardly wait to see how this thread goes.
 But, Trevor, I gently ask, what makes you think The GD Maria can grant titles that were already given?
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 04:19:43 PM »
Well i thought maybe...... lol actually nvm stupid question. If it was already in the family it should still be in the family!

Offline Ausmanov

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 03:26:28 PM »
Hello David.
I may be going on a trip to Russia on a missionary trip in November, i havent been told wether or not it is going to happen, if it is going to happen do you think Maria Vladamirovna would be interested in offering some input? Either a small donation or perhaps just some advice on the areas she beleives need help the most? I could not confirm i am going on this trip until around July next year, but after readingthisthread and learning of her charity work, i thought i would at least share the idea with you. I you dont think shewould benterestedi understand but if you could let me know either way what you think, i would be appreciative.
Thankyou in advance for your time.
Blake
God never closes a door without opening a window

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 08:25:19 PM »
Hello David.
I may be going on a trip to Russia on a missionary trip in November, i havent been told wether or not it is going to happen, if it is going to happen do you think Maria Vladamirovna would be interested in offering some input? Either a small donation or perhaps just some advice on the areas she beleives need help the most? I could not confirm i am going on this trip until around July next year, but after readingthisthread and learning of her charity work, i thought i would at least share the idea with you. I you dont think shewould benterestedi understand but if you could let me know either way what you think, i would be appreciative.
Thankyou in advance for your time.
Blake

The Grand Duchess does maintain an office which you can likely obtain on the web. Her website is called Imperial House, I believe.

aleksandr pavlovich

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 09:04:01 PM »
Attention: "Ausmanov," and your Reply #11:  You have mentioned this possibility of a trip (I believe) before.  May I, in all sincerity and respect, ask you what is the stated purpose of your trip and what do you hope to accomplish?  A "missionary trip" is a bit vague, I feel. I do not wish to bring into the conversation your religious affiliation/ecumenical beliefs (as I am certain that you are a very sincere person, and I believe in the universality of good works of all faiths), but I presume that it is not specificly Russian Orthodoxy.  (Also, please note that "David" is apparently no longer a contributing member of this Forum, at least not under the name that was used.)   Best regards,  AP.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:26:52 PM by aleksandr pavlovich »

Offline Vecchiolarry

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 09:18:39 PM »
Hi,

Also Blake, you may want to upgrade your message structure to include proper word spacing, punctuation and capitalization of certain words.
If you sent the Grand Duchess such an ill formed message as you've posted here, you would not get to first base with anybody.
There is a certain format in addressing royalty;  otherwise it may get shunted aside at best or thrown in the wastepaper basket at worst...

This is meant as a positive aid for you, not a derogatory criticism....
Constructive criticism, if you will!!!  Good luck to you...

Larry