Author Topic: Restorations and renovations in St.Petersburg - news  (Read 134767 times)

Offline Vassili_Vorontsoff

• Knyaz
  • If I should die,think only this of me...R.Brooke
    • View Profile
Re: Restorations and renovations in St.Petersburg - news
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2006, 06:17:05 PM »
This project of tower is a shame,it is a proof that russia has nor real legislation,the governement is just money obsessed,the res is nor espect of historical legislation...!!!

http://www.archiseek.com/content/showthread.php?t=5596

http://www.sptimes.ru/index.php?action_id=2&story_id=18301

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2007, 06:49:07 AM »
This the link to the page of Lomonossov factory...http://www.ipm.ru/

Could someone say if it is as geat as the factory of Sèvres in Paris?

tHANKS,
v.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2007, 07:01:52 AM »
News on Oraniembaum...
"City Has Plan to Revive Oranienbaum

Staff Writer

ALEXANDER BELENKY / The St. Petersburg Times

A view across the gardens to a building standing in the Oranienbaum estate.

City authorities are developing a grandiose $21 million plan to revive the Oranienbaum former royal estate at Lomonosov, about 30 kilometers west of St. Petersburg.

The Oranienbaum palace complex, which contains the Menshikov Palace, the Chinese Palace, Peter III's palace and the Katalnaya Gorka building, is set to undergo a renaissance after years of neglect.

This year, City Hall has promised to spend 170 million rubles ($6 million) on the restoration of the magnificent Rococo monuments of Oranienbaum. The work on the entire complex is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2006, said Vera Dementyeva, head of the City Hall's committee for the protection of architectural monuments (KGIOP).

Oranienbaum's genuine jewel is the marvelous, but crumbling 1710 Menshikov Palace.

Despite its status as a world cultural monument within UNESCO's world cultural heritage list, the palace has in the past received little attention from the authorities, with barely any promotion or funding at all. Taken over by Soviet military forces during the war, the palace was, until 1983, a closed defense center and thus inaccessible to visitors.

During World War II, all of St. Petersburg former imperial palaces, except Oranienbaum, were occupied by the German army. Ironically, it was Oranienburg that suffered most from neglect during the Soviet and post-Soviet years.

Because it was untouched by Nazi hands, the palace has also missed out on restoration funds reserved for palaces that were almost completely destroyed during the war.

The plan for Oranienbaum envisages museums and commercial structures sharing the same territory.

Irina Voinova, the project's architect, said the concept is for the palace complex to be turned into a leisure park featuring a greenhouse, several hiking routes, renovated architectural monuments, a stables, a zoo, cafes, restaurants and new small hotels.

"A thorough concept of a recreation park has been developed," Interfax quoted Voinova as saying. "No aspect was ignored, be it landscape design, road infrastructure, new excursions, public toilets, signposts or places to eat."

Vadim Znamenov, the director of Peterhof, warned against excessive commercialization of the estate.

"Oranienbaum is such a delicate, charming structure, such a great monument with an interesting history that one shouldn't treat it roughly," Interfax quoted Znamenov as saying.

Experts say Oranienbaum's particular plight is high humidity and absence of an appropriate system of disposing of rainfall on the buildings. Without renovation, the precious monuments have been rotting from within.

"The interiors suffered the most but, the buildings themselves are in a very alarming state," Dementyeva said.

In the meantime, a helping hand has been offered from abroad.

In March, the British-based World Monuments Fund offered to pay for restoration work in the Chinese Palace, which is listed among the 100 world's most endangered sites of the World Monuments Watch, a global program launched in 1995. The program draws attention to imperiled cultural heritage sites around the world, and directs timely financial support to their preservation. But owing to bureaucratic procrastination and some shortcomings in the fund's proposal, it hasn't been able to proceed.

Earlier this spring, Mikhail Shvydkoi, head of the Russian federal agency for culture and cinematography, recommended that Oranienbaum be reclassified from being a regional monument to a federally funded national monument.

Urging that the application be fast-tracked, Shvydkoi said that more funding would become available for the palace complex under federal protection."St petersburg time

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2007, 12:32:56 PM »
Thank you, Vassili, for the update on Oraniiembaum.  I visited the place last year and thought it a shame to be so neglected. Although the crumbling walls did show how such massive constructions were achieved in those days.  Only the Chinese and Peter III palaces were restored. The gardens are charming, with live deer ! Yet it was still worth the drive out to see the place. I look foward to my next visit, to see the work in progress.
 And personally, I think Lomonsov porcelaine is on a par with Sevres.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Vladimir_V.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2007, 01:24:25 PM »
Lomonosov factory (former Imperial Porcelain Factory ) is private company today. A man from Moscow bought it some years ago. His wife collected porcelain that was made by Imperial Porcelain Factory and he decided to present this factory in her birthday!
But she likes it really and the factory works very well.
Then they bought a porcelain factory in France.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2007, 11:01:23 AM »
I do not see anything wrong in the fact it has become a private owned society if this could help it for development it is great!
vassia

Offline Vladimir_V.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2007, 01:57:22 PM »
They also bought 51% Porcelaine de Sologne from Deshoulieres SA. It cost &2.3mln.
Have you heard anything of it in French press? How is this company getting on?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 02:00:51 PM by Vladimir_V. »

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »
Sologne porcelaine is not bad, but a bit unimaginative, imo.
 Lomonstov is beautiful, I am glad they are not only restoring old lines, but coming up with new designs as well. Even during the Soviet years, the quality was flawless. And of course, now hard to find.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline Vladimir_V.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2007, 02:08:45 PM »
Sologne porcelaine is not bad, but a bit unimaginative

NII had Limoges porcelaine in the Alexander Palace.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2007, 02:20:45 PM »
Yes, and the most magnificent collection of Sevres I have ever seen ! Also Meissen. As a [former] porcelaine collector, I was in heaven !!

Offline Vladimir_V.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2007, 02:41:24 PM »
Yes, and the most magnificent collection of Sevres I have ever seen

?

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2007, 02:58:38 PM »
Sevres is the finest French porcelaine/china

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2007, 09:00:52 AM »

Hi,
I do not well understand russian,this document (linkherewith)deals with the restoration of the winter garden of the russian palace...has it been done as the document to do it ?

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:35:25 PM by Svetabel »

Offline BobG

• Graf
  • George of Greece
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2007, 09:14:52 AM »
This called for the restoration of the Winter Garden in the Marble Palace of the Russian Museum.  Your photo is of the Michael Palace of the Russian Museum.

I do not know the status of the project.  Does anyone?

BobG

Offline Vladimir_V.

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2007, 12:01:28 PM »
I do not know the status of the project.  Does anyone?

Under restoration. (Scientific restoration is a long process. )

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:36:21 PM by Svetabel »