Author Topic: Restorations and renovations in St.Petersburg - news  (Read 134912 times)

Offline ruskiru

• View Profile
Re: Restorations and renovations in St.Petersburg - news
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »
Some news I recently red on russia websites:

The imperial Mussorgsky (on Nevski prospekt)  is currently  engaged in the whole restoration of the monument: the balconies will refind tits original colors, the sculptures will regain their gilding, the ventilation system will be changed, the ceiling restored etc...

In the Michel castle, the restoration of interior is going on especially in the apartments of Maria Feodorovna nevertheless their prosecution in 2009 is suspended to the federal remittances.

The naval museum should move from the building of the former stock exchange (vassilievski Ostrov) for a new building where restoration should begin; a few images below.I do not recognize the building,do some  have any idea on the place it could be?

Thanks in advance,
Vassia

The building for the naval museum is on Moika next to New Holland and I think renovation is due to be completed by Summer 2009.

Offline Vassili_Vorontsoff

• Knyaz
  • If I should die,think only this of me...R.Brooke
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2009, 08:01:04 AM »
Wow, I'm very pleased Ruskiru to read that the completition will be done in 2009 given the fact taht some much works that had been planned on cultural monuments has been abandoned this 4 late months!

Walls of the castle Vyborg destroyed by groundwater

http://saint-petersburg.ru/m/225174/chasty_steny_wyborgskogo_zamka_razrushena_gruntowymi_wo.html&usg=ALkJrhgxoAIo_3c3eXFUuw0JZ2oRXh_H1Q

A worker stands on the housing for the organ at the Glazunov Maly Hall of St. Petersburg’s State Conservatory. A new organ, manufactured by the company EULE, is being installed, the previous organ having stopped working over 20 years ago. The organ will take six months to install and tune.

Vassia

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2009, 02:49:42 AM »
The international student complex that was planned in Mikailovska an presented as a russian Harvard is almost 2 years late...

The first part of the works has only be done whereas the campus should open in 2010 according to the original project.

The restoration of the palace has just began however there is a lack of financial fund only one of the 12 billiards announced have been recived for the works.

Propectives views of the complexe  after restoration and construction of the new buildings:

This new modern constructions will be constructed on the place of lost village, gardens and greenhouse.

AN interesting video of the site could be seen on that link:

http://www.gsom.pu.ru/about_som/gsm_campus/

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 02:51:33 AM by Vassili_Vorontsoff »

• Knyaz
    • View Profile

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2009, 09:19:35 AM »
The project of the Okhta tower goes on in St Petersburg, last month religious suggested that the building could be erected in Cronstadt next to the cathedral that would  restored soon.

To circumvent the problem of the height of buildings in the historic center, a project has been launched to rebuild the baroc steeple of Smolny which will be of 140 mètres.Hence, the new tower of Gazprom would be only twice as high as the steeple's Smolny!

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2009, 05:27:13 PM »
It is not the appropriarte place to post, however this is such a great news that this should be published anywhere on that forum!

64 years after  world war 2 and almost 42 years after him having been demolished, the federal power of Kaliningrad has decided to let the Kalingrader vote for the reconstruction of the royal castle, epitome of the medevial that once layed here and that had been cautiously bombed and destructed after the war by the communist power itself.

It is the symbol of the rebirth of the whole town that is at stake at the present moment, if the result would be a positive vote, it could be quite a good news for prussian,russian, european history and world patrimony, I hope this would happen!

The castle at the beginning of the 20th century:

The sovietic monster built at its place:

Vassia enthousiastic!

Offline ArchitectCS

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2009, 11:59:38 AM »
I think it would be very interesting if they built the belltower at Smolny.  It would dominate St. Petersburg for miles.  I really don't want the Gazprom tower to be built-why not give them this Baroque 'skyscraper' instead?  My only question is what the final product will look like.  Rastrelli built an enormous model of the whole Smolny complex (which is what the sketch above is based on) but my understanding is that the tower went through a few more permutations and that there was an approved 'final' design. 

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2009, 12:14:36 PM »
The Polovtsov dacha has been wholly restored:

http://nostalgicglass.org/display.php?pn=14

Original state, before restoration

After restoration of the palace and of the garden:

Vassia
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 12:16:14 PM by Vassili_Vorontsoff »

Offline rgt9w

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2009, 04:04:09 PM »
Vassili,

Where is the Dacha located? Has it been restored as a museum or is it being used in another capacity?

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2009, 07:40:37 AM »
From a document I read some years ago, it has been restored as a private datcha of prime minister, Vladimir Putin.

However, I may mistaken the information dates back many time, I'm unable to say clearly if it is still a state property or not...I'm really sorry!

Offline richard_1990

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2009, 09:52:28 AM »
Hello everybody,

I was wondering if anyone could do a list of palaces in St. Petersburg and Russia in general that have been restored or are under going/planned restoration. I plan on visiting Russia sometime early next year, and would love to incorporate some of the palaces into my sight seeing. Thanks in advance.

Offline PAVLOV

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2009, 09:44:41 AM »
This is a breathrtakingly beautiful  " palace'.  The room with the blue chairs looks a bit like an expensive hotel though. The exterior is really beautiful. I am so glad that it has been restored.     

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2009, 09:53:23 AM »
Some new documents about the international student complex of Mikailvskaya, more plans and drawings:

http://archi.ru/agency/eng/object_current.html?id=4404

http://www.gsom.pu.ru/files/en/upload/GSOM/GSOM_brochure.pdf

Vassia
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 09:58:36 AM by Vassili_Vorontsoff »

Offline PAVLOV

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2009, 07:48:45 AM »
Just two words to describe these buildings : Hideously ugly. They belong on the moon, not on this site. The original owners must be turning in their graves !
Surely they could be more sympathetic to the surroundings ?

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2009, 08:00:06 AM »
Some new documents about the international student complex of Mikailvskaya, more plans and drawings:

http://archi.ru/agency/eng/object_current.html?id=4404

http://www.gsom.pu.ru/files/en/upload/GSOM/GSOM_brochure.pdf

Vassia

The old building of the Dacha is being restored as it was in the XIX century.

Just two words to describe these buildings : Hideously ugly. They belong on the moon, not on this site. The original owners must be turning in their graves !
Surely they could be more sympathetic to the surroundings ?

Of course ugly if meaning the landscape around. But what we should have been expect of our modern architects who had been ordered to create plans of a modern business-school?...