Author Topic: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news  (Read 244365 times)

Offline frimousse

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2006, 05:08:52 PM »
Young prince Napoléon and his sister Princess Caroline at their grand mother's funeral, Paris 2005.
Their grand mother was Duchess de Castro née Chantal de Chevron-Villette, wife of Prince Ferdinand of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by frimousse »

Offline frimousse

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2006, 05:18:14 PM »
Chantal of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Duchess of Castro 1925-2005

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2006, 02:20:43 AM »
Very nice pictures, thanks, may I ask where you found the picture with Prince Jean Christophe??

The duchess of Castro picture is also nice, it bears a resemblence to her daughter Beatrice in my view :)
La vérité est plus importante que l'amour

Marie Bonaparte (1882-1962)

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2006, 02:24:48 AM »
Frimousse, are you maybe able to identify the picture with Charles and the children, which I have send above?

I am not sure if the girl, sitting "on" Charles maybe Sophie or not?? The same with the girl on the right side? Is she maybe a friend of Charles children or maybe a niece of him? -Maybe a daughter of one of his two sisters??  

I will send the picture again that you see which one I mean

Offline frimousse

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2006, 02:26:43 AM »
You are welcome Britt.25. It is taken from your beloved Point de Vue Magazine N° 2967 June 1st 2005.
I can't recognize the little girl on his laps...
prince Jean Christophe is definitely on the left, the girl on the right might be Princess Caroline, but her nose seems different now ??
Sorry dear Britt...

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2006, 02:32:59 AM »
Thanks!! Are there more pictures of Jean Christ. in this magazine?

Here is the picture with CHarles and the children, which I had already send, are you able to identify the children?
Is the little girl maybe Sophie, his youngest daughter? and the girl on the right side??? Maybe Charles niece or simply a friend of his children???

Offline frimousse

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2006, 02:44:05 AM »
Caroline and her grand mother Princess Napoléon...let's see her profile ?

Might be her I guess...

Offline frimousse

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2006, 02:52:02 AM »
Prince Jean Christophe and his uncle Duke of Bourbon-Calabre

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2006, 02:55:39 AM »
Very nice, thanks and what about the Charles picture with the children? Sorry for the same question, but I would be very interested in the identification, maybe the girl on the right is a niece of Charles? Could be the daughter of his sister??

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2006, 03:02:50 AM »
Sorry, sorry, you had already answered my question, sorry... :P

I did not read it!!!!

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2006, 03:05:47 AM »
No, I don´t think on the right is Princess Caroline, she looks different, but somewhere this face reminds me a little of Charles sister Catherine. But I can also be wrong....
The girl maybe not Caroline, because Jean is younger than her and the girl there seems to be younger than Jean Christ. in my view...
Strange strange....

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2006, 09:51:39 AM »
Did the Princess (Alix) Napoléon attend any of the Belgian royal weddings?

I ask this because I know that her husband went to his cousin Baudouin's funeral, and I didn't know if the Princess has been invited to any of the marriages of Albert's children.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Benjamin »

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2006, 11:34:10 PM »
I didn’t know exactly how they are related, but Charles, Prince Napoleon, and his ex-wife Princess Beatrice of the Two Sicilies are 5th cousins through King Ferdinando I of the Two Sicilies.

Ferdinando I of the Two Sicilies - Maria Amelia of Naples and Sicily - Louise d’Orleans - Leopold II of the Belgians - Clementine of Belgium - Louis, Prince Napoleon - Charles, Prince Napoleon

Ferdinando I of the Two Sicilies - Francesco I of the Two Sicilies - Ferdinando II of the Two Sicilies - Alfonso of the Two Sicilies, Count of Caserta - Ranieri of the Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro - Ferdinand of the Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro - Princess Beatrice of the Two Sicilies

The former spouses are also 5th cousins once removed, again through King Ferdinando I.

Ferdinando I of the Two Sicilies - Luisa of Naples and Sicily - Maria Theresia of Austria, Princess of Tuscany - Vittorio Emanuele II of Italy - Clothilde of Savoy - Victor, Prince Napoleon - Louis, Prince Napoleon - Charles, Prince Napoleon

Ferdinando I of the Two Sicilies - Francesco I of the Two Sicilies - Ferdinando II of the Two Sicilies - Alfonso of the Two Sicilies, Count of Caserta - Ranieri of the Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro - Ferdinand of the Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro - Princess Beatrice of the Two Sicilies

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2006, 11:50:06 PM »
Victor, Prince Napoleon, and his wife, Clementine of Belgium, were 4th cousins once removed.

Ferdinand Albrecht II of Brunswick - Karl I of Brunswick - Karl II of Brunswick - Auguste of Brunswick - Catherine of Wurttemberg - Prince Napoleon Bonaparte - Victor, Prince Napoleon

Ferdinand Albrecht II of Brunswick - Sophie Antonie of Brunswick - Franz of Saxe-Coburg - Leopold I of the Belgians - Leopold II of the Belgians - Clementine of Belgium

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2006, 12:27:53 AM »
Plon-Plon and his wife Clothide were 5th cousins.

Ludwig Rudolf of Brunwick - Antoinette Amalie of Brunswick - Karl I of Brunswick - Karl II of Brunswick - Auguste of Brunswick - Catherine of Wurttemberg - Prince Napoleon Bonaparte

Ludwig Rudolf of Brunswick - Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick - Maria Theresa of Austria, Queen of Hungary and Bohemia - Leopold II of the Holy Roman Empire - Rainer of Austria - Adelheid of Austria - Princess Clothide