Author Topic: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news  (Read 281986 times)

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial France: House Bonaparte news
« Reply #480 on: January 28, 2008, 02:21:26 PM »
Thank you a lot for that information @Benjamin, this is very interesting to know! I did not know of all people, who exactly attended the funeral of the archduke. It  seems that they came because of the connection of the Bonapartes with the belgian royal family, even when only distantly related to the descendants of Carl Ludwig. So they really came to Vienna to attend the Vienna before the Kapuzinergruft? As I got the programme of the funeral by a family member of Archduke Carl Ludwig, I know that there were different events, also a soul-mass in Brussels. I would rather imagine that they visited the event in Brussels than in Vienna. Or both?
If you have fore detailled infos, I would be happy. Do you also know anything about pictures? And why did only Jerome and Princess Napoléon come?

I made a mistake: I meant, "so they really came to Vienna to visit the funeral in the Kapuzinergruft?". I taped the word "Vienna" twice, and unfortunately once at a wrong place...
La vérité est plus importante que l'amour

Marie Bonaparte (1882-1962)

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 02, 2008, 12:17:17 AM »
Thank you a lot for that information @Benjamin, this is very interesting to know! I did not know of all people, who exactly attended the funeral of the archduke. It  seems that they came because of the connection of the Bonapartes with the belgian royal family, even when only distantly related to the descendants of Carl Ludwig. So they really came to Vienna to attend the Vienna before the Kapuzinergruft? As I got the programme of the funeral by a family member of Archduke Carl Ludwig, I know that there were different events, also a soul-mass in Brussels. I would rather imagine that they visited the event in Brussels than in Vienna. Or both?
If you have fore detailled infos, I would be happy. Do you also know anything about pictures? And why did only Jerome and Princess Napoléon come?

You are very welcome. The information came from the Royals Portal. I am not sure which service they attended (I too would imagine the one in Brussels, though) or why only the two of them were there.

On 29 Jan 2008, the Princess Napoléon was present at the launch of a magazine dedicated to the Second French Empire, Napoléon III. For more info, see here: http://www.napoleon.org/en/fondation/new/index.asp

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 17, 2008, 12:38:52 PM »
According to his updated website, Charles Napoléon is now a candidate in the municipal elections (to be held in March) of Nemours.

http://www.charlesnapoleon.com/v2/default.asp

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2008, 02:00:45 PM »
Thank you very much for giving a link to his new created site. I must confess I didn't look there for quite a long time...but that is indeed interesting that he will be involved in political activites again and will also stand again for elections in the coming months. 
For now I can only say that he definitely knows what he wants and I wish him more luck this time. This charismatic man MUST have success, I always think... :)

Offline Dmitry Russian

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2008, 09:06:30 PM »

This is NOT the "french i-l family

This is the family of the impostors, rascals and revolutionary usurpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is Drako Malfoy. This is my most favorite hero.

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 17, 2008, 09:41:01 PM »
This charismatic man MUST have success, I always think... :)

Haha I agree, surely he must win an election sooner or later. Persistence always pays off, they say

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 18, 2008, 01:00:16 PM »
Charles Napoléon's "Ensemble pour les Nemouriens" received almost 25% of the vote.

http://charlesnapoleon.com/v2/article.asp?rubrique=Moments%20forts

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2008, 05:41:06 AM »
Thank you for that information, I did not follow this during the last time, because I was simply too busy with other things. That is amazing, and I wish him good luck also in future. I hope he will have a chance to expand his political ambitions for his country. Maybe those people, who shout and shouted too early that he does not achieve anything in politics, will once get to know what this man can do. I hope so... ::)

I also like the new picture on his webite:

He is still best looking, even when becoming 58 years this year! What a man! His skin appears still so fine and young, and his smile and eyes are so charming...

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 05:43:30 AM by britt.25 »

Offline lulururu

• History is my passion !
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 11, 2008, 05:37:36 PM »

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 20, 2008, 08:06:21 AM »
Thanks for the link. I knew that video before and it's very interesting, it's under my favourites on youtube. I pity only that the pics are not always too clear. But it's wonderful.

Offline Seth Leonard

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 28, 2008, 02:32:43 PM »
On 20 Apr 2008, several members of the Imperial Family traveled to Farnborough for the bicentenary of the birth of Emperor Napoléon III.
Report in English: http://www.napoleon.org/en/reading_room/articles/files/lallement_farnborough.asp
French article with more photos: http://www.napoleon.org/fr/salle_lecture/articles/files/farnborough2008avril.asp

The next day, 21 Apr, the Princess Napoléon was present at a similar event in Paris.
http://www.nicerendezvous.com/FR/PARIS-NICE-BICENTENAIRE-DE-LA-NAISSANCE-DE-NAPOLEON-III-n-3814.html

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 29, 2008, 05:08:58 AM »
On 20 Apr 2008, several members of the Imperial Family traveled to Farnborough for the bicentenary of the birth of Emperor Napoléon III.
Report in English: http://www.napoleon.org/en/reading_room/articles/files/lallement_farnborough.asp
French article with more photos: http://www.napoleon.org/fr/salle_lecture/articles/files/farnborough2008avril.asp

The next day, 21 Apr, the Princess Napoléon was present at a similar event in Paris.
http://www.nicerendezvous.com/FR/PARIS-NICE-BICENTENAIRE-DE-LA-NAISSANCE-DE-NAPOLEON-III-n-3814.html

Thank you for the links Benjamin and Lulururu!
Je Maintiendrai

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 02, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »
Thank you for the wonderful links, @Benjamin, this is very interesting, I only wished to see more photos of the mentioned family members, like the mentioned Prince Murat, the siblings of Prince Napoléon, and the Duc d'Albufera, who does descend from the Bonapartes as well (line of Bathilde Bonaparte, one of the daughters of the cousins of first grade, Charles Lucien and Zenaide. She died very young, but had two children, of whome Zenaide de Cambaceres is the ancestor of the present Duc d'Albufera.)
If anyone finds more photos, please send the link. Jean Christophe looks nice again, his smile becomes very similar to his father....ohhh this young man...hahaha....even when the pic is a bit small. I will have a closer look at the articles now. 

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 09, 2008, 01:49:13 PM »
Hi...

I have gotten some interesting, nice, very old postcards of Prince Victor Napoléon in Exile....

Please have a look:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:52:12 PM by britt.25 »

Offline britt.25

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 09, 2008, 01:53:37 PM »
And two more, which I like a lot. I hope they haven't been posted yet: