Author Topic: Windsor Jewels Part 4  (Read 179756 times)

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Windsor Jewels Part 4
« Reply #510 on: October 03, 2006, 11:08:09 AM »
Pity your Princess Pat theory has been ruled out.

The Fifes - no they have the fife.

Harewoods - they have stated that they only have the sapphire one.

I really don't think it went to George V's descendents.

Maybe Alice Athlone? ???
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline emeraldeyes

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 03, 2006, 12:07:10 PM »
I don't think it would be terribly wise to try to force the issue with Mr Munn.  He has already been asked once, and we should respect his response; especially if we want to leave our avenues open for the next time we have a question within his area of expertise.  Of course his integrity is one reason that any of the QVDs would trust him with the info in the first place.   
The next coronation is probably the next chance to see the piece and that can't be more than 25 years or so away - we've waited this long!   ;D
An intelligent Hell would be better than a stupid paradise.  - Victor Hugo

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 03, 2006, 08:29:25 PM »
I don't know if it would be worned anyway. Did you see anyone wore it after VMH ?  ???

Offline aussiechick12

• Graf
  • .Darling Diana.
    • View Profile
    • Tatiana Romanova
« Reply #513 on: October 03, 2006, 09:23:05 PM »
I've recently been looking back at all the old jewel threads and around some great sites too.
If found this picture of Queen Elizabeth (I put it in a thumbnail because it was huge!) and she's wearing the Vladimir Tiara. Because I'm new to jewels I was wondering whether you call the things near her shoulder "orders"? So would you call these ones: "The Order of Edward VIII" and "The Order of George V"? I don't think you can see them clearly enough to identify who is in the picture though.
Sorry if I got it completley wrong!

"Cameo like profile . . . a lovely rose maiden and as pure as flower" - Lili Dehn on Tatiana.
www.tatianaromanova.piczo.com

Offline Taren

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • The Chick Manifesto
« Reply #514 on: October 03, 2006, 09:47:53 PM »
Edward VIII never got orders, but yes, they are orders. HM wears the orders of her father and grandfather. George V's is the slightly greenish one and George VI's is pink. HM's is yellow I believe, but she doesn't wear her own. As far as I know you call them "the order of *insert monarch here*".
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 09:49:52 PM by Taren »

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 03, 2006, 09:57:03 PM »
Yes...Edward VIII reigned too short for orders to appear. I guess the first one would be for Wallis I guess !  :P

Offline aussiechick12

• Graf
  • .Darling Diana.
    • View Profile
    • Tatiana Romanova
« Reply #516 on: October 03, 2006, 10:17:31 PM »
Thank you Taren and Eric!  :)

The Cambridge and Indian Emeralds:

Queen Mary wearing them:
"Cameo like profile . . . a lovely rose maiden and as pure as flower" - Lili Dehn on Tatiana.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 03, 2006, 10:19:18 PM »
Emeralds are one of my favourite stones...Thanks for showing them again.  ;D

Offline aussiechick12

• Graf
  • .Darling Diana.
    • View Profile
    • Tatiana Romanova
« Reply #518 on: October 03, 2006, 10:57:15 PM »
No problem, but personally I perfer sapphires  ;) Which is a perfect excuse to look at some!

Diana's Engagement Ring, which is now in pocession of Prince Harry:

Diana's Sapphire Choker:

For Diana's Wedding the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia gave her a suite of diamonds and sapphires including; a diamond and sapphire pendant, matching earrings, matching ring, bracelet and a watch:

These are the earrings given from the Crown Prince:

These are her Sapphire and Diamond drops; the top diamond is surrounded by ten diamonds and the bottom, 11:

This is Diana and Charles in Melbourne (Australia) at the Hyatt Hotel dancing and wearing the Diamond and Sapphire Bracelet the Crown Prince gave her:

This is Diana at a state reception wearing the same bracelet as above, the Spencer Tiara and the Order of Elizabeth II:

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 04, 2006, 12:39:08 AM »
I don't know if it would be worned anyway. Did you see anyone wore it after VMH ?  ???

Since a QVD has it, they must wear it eventually if they get the opportunity. Or else it's a great pity otherwise. :(
His Royal Highness Prince Albert Victor Christian Edward of Wales, Duke of Clarence and Avondale, Earl of Athlone, Knight of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of The Most Illustrious Order of St Patrick

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 04, 2006, 12:52:53 AM »
Those are some great pics AussieChick.

I love Diana's engament ring. I wonder if Harry will give it to his betrothed?

Emeralds and sapphires, I can't decide which I like more. Probably sapphires, by a little bit.

Offline Taren

• Graf
    • View Profile
    • The Chick Manifesto
« Reply #521 on: October 04, 2006, 01:25:46 AM »
Those are some great pics AussieChick.

I love Diana's engament ring. I wonder if Harry will give it to his betrothed?

Emeralds and sapphires, I can't decide which I like more. Probably sapphires, by a little bit.

Actually, I think William got the ring. Personally, even though I love the ring (love love love -sapphires are my favorite), I hope he doesn't give it to his future wife. It would be inviting in all sorts of comparisons and whoever she may be, she'll have big enough shoes to fill as it is.

Oh and thank you, Aussiechick12 for posting the pictures of sapphires. There's currently quite the puddle of drool in front of me. :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 01:28:39 AM by Taren »

Offline aussiechick12

• Graf
  • .Darling Diana.
    • View Profile
    • Tatiana Romanova
« Reply #522 on: October 04, 2006, 01:43:01 AM »
 :D No problem guys!

No, Harry definitley got the ring. The two boys were allowed to visit Kensington Palace and select an item from her pocessions - Harry chose the ring and William chose the 18 carat gold Cartier watch (pictured below).

Offline basilforever

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 04, 2006, 02:30:41 AM »
They were allowed to choose one item each from her possessions? I thought they would have gotten all of Diana's possessions! ???

Maybe Harry would like to give the ring to his future wife for sentimental reasons, and they will be strong enough to disregard any comparisons that invites. It would be understandable if he did that, and quite sweet.

The pic of the watch doesn't work currently. :)

Offline boffer

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 04, 2006, 04:28:02 PM »
It has always been said that Diana left all her jewels to the two Boys; however Paul Burrell (i dont know if he can be trusted to get it right) but in his books he says that all the jewels went to Althrop other then those that were royal jewels. Is there any truth in this because i always presumed they would be in the safe's at Clarence House - not that of Earl Spence even though he was the executor of the will.
"There is a motto which has been borne by many of my ancestors - a noble motto, "I serve". " - Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.