Author Topic: The Paleys  (Read 271391 times)

Emilia

Re: The Paleys
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2006, 12:55:53 PM »
I have a question about Vladimir Paley: Was his nickname really Bodya?
(source:http://www.nikolairomanov.com/doc/iv13pre/index.html)

Offline Prince_Christopher

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2006, 09:55:45 PM »
Among his family, he was known as "Volodia".
Anyone who has a library and a garden wants for nothing.
--Cicero

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2006, 02:53:30 AM »
His nickname was "Bot'ka" according to GDss Maria Pavlovna-younger.

Emilia

« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2006, 06:42:22 AM »
His nickname was "Bot'ka" according to GDss Maria Pavlovna-younger.

Thank you! Always those bad-researched articles! ::)

Offline dp5486

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2006, 12:04:38 PM »
What was the nature of the relationship between Grand Duke Paul and the children of his wife's previous marriage? I was reading the account of the revolution by Lili Dehn and she mentions that Alexandra von Pistolkors had taken leave of her sick sister (Ania Vyrubova) at the Alexander Palace and left for Grand Duke Paul's palace in Tsarskoe Selo.

How did the von Pistolkors make it out of Russia (with their mother or half-sisters?

Thanks!

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2006, 09:53:48 AM »
The girls spent most of their childhood in Paris where their parents were in exile. They lived in Russia for a short time during WWI until they needed to escape the Bolsheviks in 1918. They fled via Finland, where they were eventually reunited with their mother, Princess Paley, and able to return to Paris.

Irina married her cousin, Prince Feodor Alexandrovich, which made her a niece by marriage to Nicholas and Alexandra. They had two children, Michael and Irina, and had descendants from both. By the way, when I read on another thread that there were no Paley descendants, I was going to point out that due to these descendants, that's not strictly true.

Natalia had a career as an actress and model, her last husband was a theatrical producer. I have heard from this man's family, and they arranged her funeral and burial. Natalia Paley had no children.

Offline frimousse

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2006, 11:21:54 PM »
Don't forget to specify that Nathalie (or Nataliya in Russian) Paley's first husband was Lucien Lelong, the famous French couturier during the twenties and thirties.

Offline frimousse

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2006, 11:37:59 PM »
I think it is sad that the Paley family did not flourish and produce descendants.... :'(

Irina Paley married prince Feodor Alexandrovich who lived in Biarritz France, they had two children Irina ( Irène) and Mikhail ( called officially as a French citizen Michel Romanoff); Mikhail Feodorovich had a carreer in French film business. He was a charming old gentleman, and spent mostly his life in Paris and Biarritz ( famous French resort  on the Atlantic Coast where he was raised) and afterwards in Spain after the tragic death of his unique son in India in 2001. He adopted his orphaned grand daughter Tatiana.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by frimousse »

Offline AkshayChavan

• Boyar
  • Prince Chavanoff - Bombayskii
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2006, 06:09:37 AM »
Death of his son in India in 2001? Never heard of it, Could you give me more details?

Offline José

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2006, 11:34:55 AM »
It seems a very strange story  :P:

Michael (or Michel) had a son another Michael, b.Paris 1959-died Mumbai 2001.
Does someone know how ?
Michael (junior) had a daughter Tatiana (b.1986 ) by Mercedes Ustrell-Cabani (b. 1960 )

In 1994 Michael (senior) married Mercedes  :o , his grand-daughter's mother .
He also adopted her grand-daughter but I don't know if that happened before/after Michael (junior)´s death.

Could the child be Michael's senior   ;D ?

Offline frimousse

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2006, 12:28:20 PM »
No it was not  question of what you think...Michel was a perfect gentleman, this solution was due to material help towards Tatiana. I can't  say anything more about his son's very sad death for a father, because it was too recent... and we must respect on this forum private life of people who proved to be absolutely respectable to such an extent that they found "different" solutions to very difficult situations and who are still alive...

Offline Paul

• Boyar
  • born a century too late
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2006, 12:43:43 PM »
A question, concerning Olga's Hohenfelsen title.

Following her marriage to Paul, Olga was granted the title of Countess Hohenfelsen in 1904 by Prince Regent Leopold of Bavaria.
Why did the Prince Regent of Bavaria give her a title?

Was this a courtesy, extended from one reigning family to another? Did Grand Duke Paul pay the Bavarians for the title?
The only real possession you'll ever have is your character.
Tom Wolfe
US author & journalist (1931 - )

Offline Maximilian

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2006, 02:13:32 PM »
Following her marriage to Paul, Olga was granted the title of Countess Hohenfelsen in 1904 by Prince Regent Leopold of Bavaria.

Indeed, and by the way, who is the current Count/ Countess Hohenfelsen? is Prince Michael Feodorovich the current count Hohenfelsen?

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2006, 04:29:06 PM »
Why did the Prince Regent of Bavaria give her a title?

I think Paul and the Prince Regent of Bavaria were friends, and Olga received her title as a result of that friendship.
--Cicero

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2006, 04:30:19 PM »
Indeed, and by the way, who is the current Count/ Countess Hohenfelsen? is Prince Michael Feodorovich the current count Hohenfelsen?

I would think that the title is extinct, as it was German and could not pass through women.
--Cicero