Author Topic: Marie Louise Larisch-Wallersee  (Read 81780 times)

Offline Princess Susan

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Marie Louise Larisch-Wallersee
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 03:37:04 PM »
Indeed nice photos! Interesting to see them together...I will surely appreciate to see more pictures of Marie and Mary. :)

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »
Indeed. Love to see more.  :)

Offline Valancy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2008, 03:35:29 AM »
Brigitte Sokop's book (Jene Gräfin Larisch) only exists in German as far as I know, at least I've only been able to find it in German, and because my German is still very slow-going and I only got the book recently, I'm not very far into it. But I've been recommended it as an excellent biography, and it seems very well researched and well-written. I'll be happy to tell more of my thoughts on it when I'm a bit farther into it. It's published by Böhlau Verlag, which has offices in Vienna, Cologne and Weimar, and I think my copy is printed in Austria. This edition is from 1992, but there is a newer edition in existence, too, just from two years ago or something.

I find Marie to be a very interesting person; I don't precisely know if I like her or not, but she certainly had a very interesting life. Most biographies of Elisabeth and Rudolf (who I have mostly read about up to now) tend to discredit her a lot, and eventually I started to want to know her side of things, too. I was recently able to find an online version of her book "My Past" and it was quite interesting to read that. I've also noticed that it's possible to find some affordably priced copies of one of her other books in online bookstores, so I'm thinking of getting that. Of course her books aren't the trustworthiest of sources, but I'm just interested to see what she did write.

It was rather fascinating to observe how she wrote about Elisabeth in "My Past". It seems like even decades afterwards she seemed to adore the woman, at the same time as she was deeply embittered about how Sisi had treated her. On the one hand Marie spreads all kinds of gossip about Elisabeth, on the other hand she keeps rhapsodising about her beauty, charm, and unusual character as though trying to recreate the once beloved and lost person on the pages of her book.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 04:24:47 PM »
Me too. I read "My Past", "Secret Of A Royal House" and a third one as well. Would love to see what was written about her.  :)

Rani

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »
Ludwig and Marie

Marie in Gödöllö

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »
Nice photos ! Are they from her book ?

Rani

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2008, 11:14:29 AM »
Yes. They are from her book "My Past".

I have this, too:

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2008, 11:26:25 AM »
Henriette looked like a beauty in that portrait !

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 12:27:26 PM »
Nice pics of Queen Maria Sofia of Naples and Mathilde, Countess Trani ?

Rani

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2009, 02:07:11 PM »
Nice picture of Henriette

http://visono02.diz.apa.net/sz/preview.php?caller=search&page_num=1&page=2

Ludwig

http://visono02.diz.apa.net/sz/preview.php?caller=search&page_num=1&page=4

http://www.sz-photo.de/

This is the site. There you can search for the photos, but in German.
Example: Herzog in Bayern

Under "Prinzessin Portugal" you can see very nice pictures of Augusta of Portugal
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:13:09 PM by Rani »

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 02:48:27 PM »
Thanks !

Rani

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 09:09:39 AM »

Offline Princess of Cupertino

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 10:48:58 PM »
Brigitte Sokop's book (Jene Gräfin Larisch) only exists in German as far as I know, at least I've only been able to find it in German, and because my German is still very slow-going and I only got the book recently, I'm not very far into it. But I've been recommended it as an excellent biography, and it seems very well researched and well-written. I'll be happy to tell more of my thoughts on it when I'm a bit farther into it. It's published by Böhlau Verlag, which has offices in Vienna, Cologne and Weimar, and I think my copy is printed in Austria. This edition is from 1992, but there is a newer edition in existence, too, just from two years ago or something.

I find Marie to be a very interesting person; I don't precisely know if I like her or not, but she certainly had a very interesting life. Most biographies of Elisabeth and Rudolf (who I have mostly read about up to now) tend to discredit her a lot, and eventually I started to want to know her side of things, too. I was recently able to find an online version of her book "My Past" and it was quite interesting to read that. I've also noticed that it's possible to find some affordably priced copies of one of her other books in online bookstores, so I'm thinking of getting that. Of course her books aren't the trustworthiest of sources, but I'm just interested to see what she did write.

It was rather fascinating to observe how she wrote about Elisabeth in "My Past". It seems like even decades afterwards she seemed to adore the woman, at the same time as she was deeply embittered about how Sisi had treated her. On the one hand Marie spreads all kinds of gossip about Elisabeth, on the other hand she keeps rhapsodising about her beauty, charm, and unusual character as though trying to recreate the once beloved and lost person on the pages of her book.

I read "my past' online. I don't find a lot rumors about Sissi in it (I guess if you consider the insinuated birth of Marie Valerie). I found her description of Sissi quite sympathetic and realistic. The bits about Rudolf's marriage and death are particularly interesting, the comment that it was all about politics and not the love affair.

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 02:55:57 PM »
I don't know if this was posted:

Marie Louise with her mother