Author Topic: Current Perception of the Windsors and the Future of the Monarchy  (Read 103428 times)

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: If the prsent Prince of Wales were to ascend the throne next week....
« Reply #375 on: April 14, 2010, 12:42:28 AM »
Of course chasmat and that's the way it should be now.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 14, 2010, 01:07:12 AM »
Hi Margot,

I'm not a big fan of Charles & Camilla;  and I hope that The Queen lives on for quite a while.
But if charles became King any time soon, I would hope that Camilla would be styled and titled HM Queen Camilla...  As that is proper in Britain.

Also, perhaps The Queen should announce that Camilla should now be called 'Princess of Wales', which she is entitled to..
Surely, the cult of Diana is now waning, and perhaps over really...
Am I wrong in this?

Larry
Oh Diana bla bal is the lingering mass histerics I referred to in the previous post.Forget it,she is DEAD,poor thing but nonetheless D.E.A.D.
She belongs in her own thread not here.I don't do false emotions,and boy,did she have a way with that imo.

Chances are that in the very near future William and Harry will go to see the Queen,and shortly after HM
will write the Duchess to "encourage her" to use the title Princess of Wales,rightfully hers but kept away
due to too much false emotions imo.The spouse of future Heirs will most likely always be styled Princess of Wales,
it won't stop because the next best thing to "Dallas" stopped untimely and many lost their icon and stage act..

So again,anyone who's still on it,get of your darn horse and into reality.
Reality being that there is a future King Charles and Queen Camilla and no vox populi,nor any rag,can ever change that.
Monarchy is not about day to day histerics and hypes.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 01:10:17 AM by Lucien »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2010, 03:26:53 AM »
Chasmat raises a fair point about king's widows. However, that is unlikely to be a problem in practice, as, from all I know of her, Camilla is a down to earth lady and a practical solution will be found. The last king's widow who0 was not the mother of the next ruler was Queen Adelaide, widow of William IV, and I do not think her position caused any difficulties (unlike the doings of Victoria's mother, the Duchess of Kent!). Camilla will just have to be called Dowager Queen or Queen Camilla, rather than the Queen Mother.

Ann

Offline Margot

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 14, 2010, 04:35:31 AM »
Bowing down Lucien... in admiration and mutual appreciation...Gosh you don't mince your words do you? Go for it! I feel like I have been tip-toeing around an elephant in the sitting room so to speak, while you have come in all brave and decisive! I bow down!

Ann you have made a marvelous point about Queen Adelaide......Camilla can be just the same when the time comes!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:41:47 AM by Margot »

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 14, 2010, 04:37:35 AM »
I've a soft spot for Queen Adelaide. She sounds a thoroughly nice person. There is a letter she wrote to Queen Victoria within a day or so of her husband's death which ends, 'I hope to remain your Majesty's most devoted friend, aunt and subject'.

Ann

Offline Margot

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 14, 2010, 04:39:47 AM »
I love Adelaide too Ann very much a peace maker and a good person, a bit reactionary but then no one is ever perfect...have you got Mary Hopkirk's bio? It is full of letters! Sorry very OT sorry! Ooops!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:43:15 AM by Margot »

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 14, 2010, 07:28:22 AM »
Hi Margot,

I'm not a big fan of Charles & Camilla;  and I hope that The Queen lives on for quite a while.
But if charles became King any time soon, I would hope that Camilla would be styled and titled HM Queen Camilla...  As that is proper in Britain.

Also, perhaps The Queen should announce that Camilla should now be called 'Princess of Wales', which she is entitled to..
Surely, the cult of Diana is now waning, and perhaps over really...
Am I wrong in this?

Larry
Oh Diana bla bal is the lingering mass histerics I referred to in the previous post.Forget it,she is DEAD,poor thing but nonetheless D.E.A.D.
She belongs in her own thread not here.I don't do false emotions,and boy,did she have a way with that imo.

Chances are that in the very near future William and Harry will go to see the Queen,and shortly after HM
will write the Duchess to "encourage her" to use the title Princess of Wales,rightfully hers but kept away
due to too much false emotions imo.The spouse of future Heirs will most likely always be styled Princess of Wales,
it won't stop because the next best thing to "Dallas" stopped untimely and many lost their icon and stage act..

So again,anyone who's still on it,get of your darn horse and into reality.
Reality being that there is a future King Charles and Queen Camilla and no vox populi,nor any rag,can ever change that.
Monarchy is not about day to day histerics and hypes.

LARRY!Love your post. Got to agree with you.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 14, 2010, 08:18:03 AM »
Bravo Lindelle! Well said! I only suggested that perhaps the boys could have some say perhaps in whether Camilla start using the Wales title, merely as a ploy to hopefully neuter possible Diehard Diana Worshippers that may be lurking here, from 'going off on one' and starting a diatribe about how hurtful and awful such a thing would be! Diehards tend to use the boys as being 'wronged' and 'aggrieved' in such matters where the memory of Diana is concerned. It is like some sort of ammo in their ceaseless campaign to besmirch Camilla and idolatrise their heroine.

By the way Lucien you absolute sweetie pops! Love the photographs of Charles and Camilla...so loving and genuine! Really made me smile!

Margot, could you possibly continue your obvious support of the future King Charles and Queen Camilla in this thread you began without constantly sniping at the late Princess of Wales?  We get it that you don't like her and I don't think one necessarily has to be a "Diehard Diana Worshipper" - to use your expression - to find that it's getting a little repetitive and actually quite nasty.

Offline Margot

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 14, 2010, 09:15:44 AM »
Grace I am sorry if I have offended you! Sorry but I feel I am being singled out! I don't mind at all as it adds to the conversation! Adds colour and texture so to speak IMHO! It is interesting to just review the post history here I think.......as I do not feel that I am constantly sniping at all!

I would like to point out that I did not bring Diana into this conversation! Diana was brought into this thread by others starting in post 6 and then again in post 10! I first mentioned Diana post 22 when someone said that Queen Camilla didn't roll quite so easily off the tongue, and I responded harmlessly enough IMHO, that like saying 'Queen Diana' which many would have become used to in time, 'Queen Camilla' only had three syllables would be the similar to get used to!  

Diana was again mentioned by someone else in the context of a 'cult' in post 33 to which I subsequently responded in post 36 and then again after another poster mentioned Diana in post in post 37 with my own reply in post 38! I hope that is all the posts where Diana has been mentioned? I hope I haven't missed any! Out of 47 posts I hardly think that I am 'constantly' hijacking this thread with my views of Diana, which I believe to amounted to three posts, as I did not bring her up in the first place and I did not make the first comment about her that may be construed or interpreted as negative by others!

If it would be preferred by general consensus that Diana not be mentioned on this thread then fine, I will oblige! But it seems a tad draconian, overly sensitive and excessively precious IMHO!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:30:01 AM by Margot »

Offline Margot

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 14, 2010, 09:47:27 AM »
Ooops I forgot post 41 which was not mine either!

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 14, 2010, 09:52:17 AM »
It is really very difficult to discuss Camilla (or her constitutional position) without issues relating to Diana coming up. Strong feelings are aroused in either camp, and those who are broadly in favour of Camilla (and I include myself) tend to be rather irritated by the continuing adulation for Diana.

Naslednik Norvezhskiy

« Reply #386 on: April 14, 2010, 10:27:16 AM »
Yes, let's concentrate on the similarities to the Princess of Liegnitz's situation.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 14, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
Yes, let's concentrate on the similarities to the Princess of Liegnitz's situation.

Let's not.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Adagietto

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 14, 2010, 01:25:45 PM »
Maybe there is less sensitivity about Camilla being called Queen than there is about here being called Princess of Wales (so associated with Diana)?

Offline ilyala

• Velikye Knyaz
  • il y a
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 15, 2010, 04:05:49 AM »
it might be, on the other hand I personally have nothing against the Princess of Wales title either...
'loving might be a mistake, but it's worth making'
ilya