Author Topic: Do any of the Romanovs look like someone you know?  (Read 25178 times)

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Do any of the Romanovs look like someone you know?
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2010, 10:26:31 AM »
Tanya is elegant!!

Lady Nikolaievna

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2010, 11:59:12 AM »
She has a misterious beauty... I really like it ;)

Offline Павэл

• Oh Rus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2011, 10:39:19 AM »
vaguely............

http://www.barcouncil.org.uk/about/AbouttheBloggers/BelleTurner/

(Met her as an undergraduate)

when she was younger she had a distinct similarity to a set of photos of maria. (Taken 1910? A common set - one lot goes left to right T,A,Alexei,M,O with A and M on T and O's laps)

And as for Belle - she's always had a viciously strong maternal instinct.......................
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:58:07 AM by Павэл »
"[st]Winston[/st] Paul returned to his room and smoked his Victory cigarettes ......"

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2011, 10:57:19 AM »
Cool Holly xD
Do you have bangs/fringes?

I just saw this now, haha. Yes, I do. I've had them since I was three or so. Though I don't think I look exactly like her now as opposed to when I posted that!
Strangely, though, I've always gotten comments about how I looked like OTMA. Recently my old Russian professor (who was still very Soviet and disliked the Romanovs) would tell me I reminded him of Soviet women in how I gave my opinions and yet he randomly noted that I looked like "Tsar Nicholas' daughters...Anastasia..." People always tell me I look Russian as well, but I'm not sure what that means as I don't think there is a 'look'..

"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline violiningirl

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2013, 10:58:58 PM »
My Russian grandmother, who keeps a picture of the imperial family on her bed side table, says I look exactly like Maria.

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2013, 11:58:18 PM »
My Russian grandmother, who keeps a picture of the imperial family on her bed side table, says I look exactly like Maria.

Well that sounds quite lucky for you! :-)
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline Jen_94

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • GrandRoyalPalace
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2013, 04:54:25 AM »

Oh that is great :-)

Offline pumpkinpearl

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2013, 01:55:31 AM »
Since I first became interested in the Romanovs, I've thought there was an uncanny similarity between Alix & my grandmother's sister. She's deceased, but I'll try to find a photo of her, or her daughter, who looks a lot like her.

It's only been in the past couple of years that I realized my mom when younger looks a little bit like "1914 era" Tatiana. Just something about the bone structure and nose/nostril shape.

Not the best photo but the only one I have on my computer:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/mothglitter/FSCN2257_zps62376560.jpg

Well, the Chinese were only using a simple polyphoneticly grouped twenty square digit key, transposed from booster verdonic form, with multiple nulls.

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2013, 02:18:49 AM »
Sorry to sound mean but I don't see it.  Again I apologize.   I get told I look like certain people but guess what I don't.
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.

Offline pumpkinpearl

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2013, 12:06:54 PM »
That's okay.  Not everyone sees the same perception. :)
Well, the Chinese were only using a simple polyphoneticly grouped twenty square digit key, transposed from booster verdonic form, with multiple nulls.

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2013, 12:13:59 PM »

I see what you're talking about. I don't think she looks like any of the Romanovs specifically but if someone showed my a picture of her and said she was a close relative I would probably believe it.

She's very pretty by the way. Certainly she has that much in common with Tatiana :-)

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline pumpkinpearl

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2013, 01:15:21 PM »

I see what you're talking about. I don't think she looks like any of the Romanovs specifically but if someone showed my a picture of her and said she was a close relative I would probably believe it.

She's very pretty by the way. Certainly she has that much in common with Tatiana :-)

Thanks! She's got a lot of wrinkles now, at 53, but she's my mom, soooo I guess she's still pretty to me. :)  This was actually the only photo of her when she was younger that I have on my laptop. One of these days I may dig out one of her as a teen & do a comparison.

I love these threads, by the way.

Offline Dru

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 05:12:47 PM »
pumpkinpearl, to me, she looks like Princess Alix of Luxembourg (daughter of Grand Duchess Charlotte).  Maybe I'm way off base, but like you said, everyone sees something differrent ;)

Offline pumpkinpearl

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2013, 09:32:21 PM »
pumpkinpearl, to me, she looks like Princess Alix of Luxembourg (daughter of Grand Duchess Charlotte).  Maybe I'm way off base, but like you said, everyone sees something differrent ;)

I can see that a little bit!

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2013, 06:31:26 AM »
I also want to say your mother is very pretty too :)  She looks like a blushing bride :D
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.