Author Topic: Residencies,Palaces and favourite places of Marie Fedorovna  (Read 34335 times)

Offline Michael HR

• Knyaz
  • Imperial Corps Des Pages
    • View Profile
Re: Residencies,Palaces and favourite places of Marie Fedorovna
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »
Greetings and a happy new year t you all.

I am visiting Copenhagen at the end of the week. I hope to visit the yellow palace and the house where the Empress passed away. Does anyone know where the Empress resided after the revolution? I know she lived in a Palace but not sure which one. The main palace seems to four in one and not sure which one if any of them she resided. Shall take photos and post when I return.

Michael.

Remembering the Imperial Corps Des Pages - The Spirit of Imperial Russia

Offline Alexander1917

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 09:10:42 AM »
she stayed in Hvidore north of copenhagen ner Klampenborg, when you drive this road you will see the villa on the left. (google maps for searching the location)

interessting is also the farm of Olga Alex. in Ballerup. there is a small museum with some items from the IF

Offline Ena

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • UK Citizenship Equality Now
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 11:38:06 AM »
I agree with Alexander1917.  If you can, please try and go to Ballerup, outside of Copenhagen.  The Ballerup museum has a section devoted to Olga's time there, complete with many of her painting and belongings.  If you are buying the Copenhagen Card, both your train, bus, and museum entrance fee will be covered with the card. 

If you need help with directions, please let us know.  I'll find the bus number you catch from the train station.  It's dead easy to get to.  :-)
Demand UK Citizenship Equality Now

Remove the discrimination against children born out of wedlock before 2006 to British fathers.

Offline kmerov

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 05:25:30 PM »
Greetings and a happy new year t you all.

I am visiting Copenhagen at the end of the week. I hope to visit the yellow palace and the house where the Empress passed away. Does anyone know where the Empress resided after the revolution? I know she lived in a Palace but not sure which one. The main palace seems to four in one and not sure which one if any of them she resided. Shall take photos and post when I return.

Michael.

MF resided at the mansion known as Christian IX's or Schack's Mansion at the Amalienborg Palace. Queen Margrethe II lives in the mansion today.

Offline Ena

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 07:33:08 PM »
Near Amalienborg Slot, on 53 Bredgade, is the Russian Orthodox church that was built for the Imperial family.  Go inside, they sell postcards of the interior (photography isn't permitted). 

You won't be able to enter the Yellow Palace, but you can't miss it.  It's right next to the palace complex, through the arches on the left.

http://www.copenhagenet.dk/CPH-Map/CPH-Yellow.asp

Remove the discrimination against children born out of wedlock before 2006 to British fathers.

Offline Michael HR

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 05:05:36 AM »
Hello,

Well what a time I managed to have in Copenhagen! My first trip was out to Hvidore. However we were in traffic and there was no where to park on the coast road so sadly this time I did not get photos. I had always thought it was a strange place for the empress to buy a house. Now I understand as it is perhaps one of the wealthiest places outside the city to reside. Superb houses all around. The house in question is much larger than you think from the photos and stands proud of all the others. It is simply a fabulous location looking our over the waters. One can imagine the Empress sitting on the balcony looking along the waters in the direction you would go to get to Russia and remembering a lost empire.

I also managed to get to the Yellow Palace, which is a charming building next to the royal palace in Copenhagen. To think this was the birthplace of 2 Empresses Marie and Alexandra of England. What memories it must hold.

The Church was closed as is under renovation at present but again a fine building and to see the gold towers is fantastic. Again I shall return when the work is completed.

It was good to visit the city where the Empress was born and later died. It is clean and very beautiful and I look forward to seeing it again soon.

Link to some photos. Next I shall visit St Petersburg! 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46461340@N03/

Michael

Offline Ena

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 11:20:56 AM »
Lovely photos.  Brings me back to my holiday in Copenhagen.  Did you go inside the palace museum?

Offline Michael HR

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 08:22:10 AM »
Sadly no but will next time later in the year. So much to see and do!

Offline Clemence

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 01:45:09 AM »
could someone please tell, why isn't the yellow palace open to visitors?
'' It used to be all girls without clothes. Now itís all clothes with no girls. Pity.''

Offline kmerov

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 11:10:37 AM »
could someone please tell, why isn't the yellow palace open to visitors?

It is closed to the public because the mansion is used by the Lord Chamberlainís Office, and thus is a work place.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 11:51:28 AM »
Yes. I heard the interior has been renovated. The original furniture moved out...

Offline Ena

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 10:15:21 AM »
Since this is a thread about Marie Feodorovna's favorite residences and palaces, if you can get your hands on it, there is a book devoted to them.  The title is "Empress Maria Feodorovna's Favorite Residences in Russia and in Denmark".  The authors are Galina Korneva & Tatiana Cheboksarova.

It's a lovely book based on the Faberge "Danish Palaces" egg with a chapter devoted to each miniature.  The book is loaded with tons of photos, both professional and personal.  A must have if you're a fan of Marie Feodorovna.   

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2010, 03:02:31 PM »
Where can you buy a copy of it ?

Offline katmaxoz

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 06:08:34 PM »
Since this is a thread about Marie Feodorovna's favorite residences and palaces, if you can get your hands on it, there is a book devoted to them.  The title is "Empress Maria Feodorovna's Favorite Residences in Russia and in Denmark".  The authors are Galina Korneva & Tatiana Cheboksarova.

It's a lovely book based on the Faberge "Danish Palaces" egg with a chapter devoted to each miniature.  The book is loaded with tons of photos, both professional and personal.  A must have if you're a fan of Marie Feodorovna.   

Do you have the isbn of the book?  It would make it much easier to find.  Also is the book in english?

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 08:10:48 PM »
Yes. In Danish or Russian ?