Author Topic: History of Tsarskoe Selo article  (Read 6259 times)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
History of Tsarskoe Selo article
« on: April 27, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »
Summary of the history of Tsarskoe Selo: http://www.geocities.com/mushkah/HistoryTS.html

Offline Mazukov

• Boyar
  • Time it was, what a time it was.
    • View Profile
Re: History of Tsarskoe Selo article
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 04:57:44 AM »
Excellent work Helen.

Offline londo954

• Graf
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 11:35:30 AM »
Helen,
     EXCELLENT STUDY ...I am reading it thoroughly and so far I have nejoyed it. I envy u having the opportunity to research right at teh primary sources. I did a similar study for university on the effect of war in general on art, archtiecture and the loss of cultural heritage. There are severa good books on the efects of war on national treasures and how they endup being lost, destoryed or dispersed. All the authors though were stalled by the lack of primary sources on russia. All agreed the russia was the hardest hit particularly at tsarskoe selo. TS was doubly hit by both revolution and war and as we have seen teh home fo the last tsar particulary the Alexander Palace as home of the last tsar. Were u able to uncover any details about how some of the things beonging to Nicholas and Alexandra were saved from destruction and sale. I have heard of carfty museum workers at both AP and the Winter Palace that woulddisguise the artifacts or simply just hide them??
    Thank us so much for the wonderful work and I look forward to reading more l

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 09:33:52 AM »
Helen,
     EXCELLENT STUDY ...I am reading it thoroughly and so far I have nejoyed it. I envy u having the opportunity to research right at teh primary sources. I did a similar study for university on the effect of war in general on art, archtiecture and the loss of cultural heritage. There are severa good books on the efects of war on national treasures and how they endup being lost, destoryed or dispersed. All the authors though were stalled by the lack of primary sources on russia. All agreed the russia was the hardest hit particularly at tsarskoe selo. TS was doubly hit by both revolution and war and as we have seen teh home fo the last tsar particulary the Alexander Palace as home of the last tsar. Were u able to uncover any details about how some of the things beonging to Nicholas and Alexandra were saved from destruction and sale. I have heard of carfty museum workers at both AP and the Winter Palace that woulddisguise the artifacts or simply just hide them??
    Thank us so much for the wonderful work and I look forward to reading more l

Thanks, londo! In answer your question about things from the AP, some of the info can be found throughout this more detailed study I did last summer (I also posted a link to this on another thread). I spoke to many of the museum's staff and collected a lot of interesting information. Everything included in this study is not published anywhere as far as I know, but comes from verbal accounts of the staff. Hope this helps:

http://www.geocities.com/mushkah//HistoricalMuseums.html

Offline Nemos

• Knyaz
  • У Жака простака спина широка
    • View Profile
    • Царское Село
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 08:26:33 AM »
Новая книга о истории Царского Села.
The new book about history of Tsarskoe Selo.

Книга Чуриловой Е.Б. "... П.П.Чистяков в Царском Селе".
ISSB 978-5-902238-39-3   тираж 1 000.

Churilovoj E.B.'s book "... P.P.Chistjakov in Tsarskoe Selo ".
ISSB 978-5-902238-39-3 circulation 1 000.

Интересное фото и книги, видно сразу реальное училище и благотворительное общество.
The interesting photo and books, is visible at once real school and a charitable society.

http://pushkin-history.info/fotoalbom-old-1-/7338.html
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 08:28:17 AM by Geglov2-3 »
At Jacque of the gawk...
book-old.ru