Author Topic: Suspended Users  (Read 101787 times)

Offline Ra-Ra-Rasputin

• Knyaz
  • Another Anastasia claimant; the ears match exactly
    • View Profile
Re: Suspended Users
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 09:16:20 AM »
You said to ask them for their address or phone number and if they refuse to give it they are not who they say they are, but I think it's important to say that if you're a kid, as many of us here are, you should never give out your address or other personal info to someone you meet online. I'm not saying that people on this forum have bad intentions or anything, but it's better safe than sorry.

I couldn't agree more, and I was actually going to post the same thing.

I don't think you should EVER give phone numbers or addresses to people you meet on the internet unless you are 100% sure they are who they say they are.  If you are under age, definitely get parental permission before you even THINK about giving any information that could allow someone to track you down at home.

There are so many horror stories out there of people being killed, raped, abducted, etc by people they've met on the internet and thought they could trust.  It is sad but true.

PLEASE exercise caution when it comes to giving out personal information, and if someone does ask you for your phone number or address, only give it if you are 100% sure that you can trust the person.  If you are under age, as I said before, get a parent to check it out first.

It is better to be safe than sorry.  We would all like to trust people and believe that they wouldn't want to cause us harm, but sadly, this is not always the case. I would hate for anyone to suffer the consequences if they gave out information to someone they were mistaken in trusting.  

Rachel
xx
'History teaches that history teaches us nothing' ~ Hegel

Offline emeraldeyes

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 09:46:56 AM »
While I understand the essence of the point that Bob is making, I have to agree with Ritka, GDella and RaRa on this one.  
I feel that caution should be taken before assuming that just because someone will not divulge 'real world' information, they have something to hide.  People may have valid reasons for declining such a request.  
Certainly the internet is a place where anonymity offers protection to predators, sociopaths and the like, but the anonymity can also offer protection to those who might otherwise become prey.  
JMO, not trying to stir things up or anything.  :)
An intelligent Hell would be better than a stupid paradise.  - Victor Hugo

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 10:30:31 AM »
Well, I don't post to the threads some of those people under multiple names wreaked havoc on, but from my personal experiences on other threads with one, I thought their posts sounded very alike... I'm not sure that I have very good instinct about such things, but I defintely read posts, and see the personal writing style of the person posting. I think I judge people fairly well. These people who post under different names after being suspended or banned, can't stop causing trouble because they have issues, which is why they got in trouble in the first place. To shut up, and be quiet is something they don't know how to do. This brings up the importance of being polite and aware of others and their rights online and off, to respect other's viewpoints and not be judgemental or negative towards others. That's something that it is very important to me, and I try to be aware of others.  :)

As for phonies online, and giving out information, this site is no doubt safer than many other places on the internet, where it is more random, and users don't have to contribute anything of a serious nature, which makes it harder to know them, and what they are about. Reading someone's posts are instructive. Not that any site is immune to those who are up to no good. We are a community here, and I trust people unless their posts or general behaviour in the forum indicates otherwise, like these suspended/banned users. I think it's always better to be safer than sorry though, as the old saying goes. I would give out information if I trusted the person, and I love to meet people who share my interests online, because there's nobody around me to discuss the Romanovs with. Generally, if their messages and posts and emails indicate nothing to hide, and you have no sense anything is wrong( inuition is important), I would trust them.  You can always tell, I think, when somthing is off. Based on reading these banned/ suspended user's posts, I would never have trusted them. You can't hide who you essentially are forever.

Offline BobAtchison

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • The Alexander Palace
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 12:07:47 PM »
Yes, I have to say I agree one should be very careful who you give your phone number or real email address too.  It's hard to know exactly how to deal with the phonies - thank goodness there are just a few of them.  It is still shocking to see who they were.

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 12:13:16 PM »
I was shocked as well, but am so happy that information on these alternative identities of these people was posted. It's instructive to me and taught me to be wiser, although it's sad when people do this. But they don't care. >:(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by romanov_fan »

Offline Ortino

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Ortino
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 01:53:55 PM »
Wow, I had no idea some of those names were linked to the same person. I'll certainly be paying more attention in the future.  :o

I don't think you should EVER give phone numbers or addresses to people you meet on the internet unless you are 100% sure they are who they say they are.  If you are under age, definitely get parental permission before you even THINK about giving any information that could allow someone to track you down at home.

While I'm very careful with what little information I give out, I'd like to point out that this can get rather tricky, particularly if you're getting books and/or other items from people from sites like this one. If you're getting books for example from the Duplicate books thread, then you'll have to give out personal information. One should of course exercise good judgment though and be extra careful with these kinds of things.

ferngully

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 02:02:31 PM »
finelly and rskkiya were the same people? i was in contact with finelly addressing jewish issues. can't believe the deception. i wondered why they disappeared :o is dashkova still around? or was she another imposter? she was pretty rude
selina                          xxxxxxxxx

Offline Ortino

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Ortino
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 02:09:47 PM »
finelly and rskkiya were the same people? i was in contact with finelly addressing jewish issues. can't believe the deception. i wondered why they disappeared :o is dashkova still around? or was she another imposter? she was pretty rude

It's amazing how deceptive people can be online. I didn't even know rskkiya was Jewish........

Offline anna

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 03:35:42 PM »
I don't think they are all that obsessed with anything,just hacking and making a nuisance of themselves,and they got what they hoped for,a screaming FA.That was all the fun they needed/wanted.

Why not just delete their post without going public the way you do,they just revel in all the attention,and it isn't really chic.

I have to agree with Lucien, because as guests they are still able to read anything what is said about them. So they still got what they want and hoped for: Pages long ATTENTION.

Anna
Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 03:51:22 PM »
While I'm very careful with what little information I give out, I'd like to point out that this can get rather tricky, particularly if you're getting books and/or other items from people from sites like this one. If you're getting books for example from the Duplicate books thread, then you'll have to give out personal information. One should of course exercise good judgment though and be extra careful with these kinds of things.

This is true, and there are certainly ways of getting around giving out your home address. When I was younger, I sometimes had packages shipped to me in care of my mother's business. It's probably possible for some nut to track you down even if you've got a go-between, but it'll be that much harder if you're using an alternate address.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 02:14:15 AM »
Here's something I found on the web that says more about the sociopath:

Profile of the Sociopath (fromhttp://www.hss.caltech.edu/~mcafee/Bin/sb.html

This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

• Glibness and Superficial Charm

• Manipulative and Conning
    They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

• Grandiose Sense of Self
    Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

• Pathological Lying
    Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

• Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
    A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

• Shallow Emotions
    When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

• Incapacity for Love

• Need for Stimulation
    Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

• Callousness/Lack of Empathy
    Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

• Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
    Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

• Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
    Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

• Irresponsibility/Unreliability
    Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

• Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
    Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

• Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
    Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

• Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
    Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Impressive list Bob,found it on the White House web?........grinning....
Je Maintiendrai

ferngully

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 06:31:24 AM »

It's amazing how deceptive people can be online. I didn't even know rskkiya was Jewish........

maybe she wasn't, maybe she was making it up for my benefit :-[

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 10:45:55 AM »
Lucien,

That's too funny for words ! I got a big laugh out of that.  :)

Tatiana+

Quote:
Impressive list Bob,found it on the White House web?........grinning....
End Quote/
TatianaA

Offline Mazukov

• Boyar
  • Time it was, what a time it was.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2006, 07:05:21 AM »
I use to run a web base forum a few years ago. We would have someone get banned  only to come back with mutable names to do the same thing they did when they got banned. What always amazed me is all the names they used they all sounded and said pretty much the same thing. There style of posting didn’t change. To me it was always a mock at the forum owners, administrators, monitors, and mostly the people who are members who actively engage in constructive debate.

You know there are times when you are debating a topic, one may get a little hotheaded and say something that one shouldn't say ect. But that’s just in the heat of debate and I never take that as being offensive unless of course it’s something that always done by a particular poster. Then of course that's when the Ban factor comes into play. Because people don't get banned for saying  screw you John. In a post when 99.9% of what they say is good clean debate. One gets banned for actively being a jerk. Towards others

So to the forum admins and moderators  good job and don’t let the few creeps that do come by every now and then kill the good job you all do within this forum.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2006, 10:38:04 AM »

I don't know if Dashkova is still around or not. AFAIK, she is not an imposter, though I believe she did have a rather hefty agenda.