Author Topic: Suspended Users  (Read 145853 times)

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
Re: Suspended Users
« Reply #240 on: July 09, 2010, 12:51:06 AM »
Yesterday I logged in here and there's a message in the webpage saying "Sorry Grand princess Shandroise, you are banned in using this forum! Spamming prohibited".
I was soooo shocked to see that message. Spam? I haven't spammed anywhere and everywhere in the web and I don't even like spam messagesóhow could I do a thing I hate? Besides, I just use the PM for talking with my ever beloved friendsóI don't waste time spamming and will not do it in  my whole life.
Is that just a website error or am I really banned (or a candidate for banning) here ?
If I'm banned (I hope not because my world will fall apart), may someone please tell me what the reasons are? Did I break a rule of the forum?

Ah, now problem solved : ) I cleared the cache and resetted my web browser. Now, I can log-in to the forum again conveniently.
Sorry for the disturbance. I was so rattled last night about the "banning message" that I was depressed and am so afraid of leaving this beloved forum.

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 09, 2010, 11:07:48 PM »
I thought I was able to solve my problem yesterday until I opened the forum today. The banning message showed up again and itís this:

Is this true or is it just my web browser that is doing this?

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2010, 11:54:39 PM »
I do not know, GPS, but I am getting  strange messages as well;  'while you were writing, another post, etc"  or "your session has timed out....".   Yet, my post  does get  posted.  Go figure ... I have asked about this, but no response yet.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2010, 05:37:04 AM »
I do not know, GPS, but I am getting  strange messages as well;  'while you were writing, another post, etc"  or "your session has timed out....".   Yet, my post  does get  posted.  Go figure ... I have asked about this, but no response yet.

Robert I get the 'while you were writing' as well, but that just means exactly that and maybe you'd like to insert the quote (if you were quoting a previous post) so the other post 'while you were writing', doesn't get in first.

'your session has timed out' means you may have only logged on for 60 mins, therefor if your on for longer, you have to log in again.

GPS I'd certainly be getting in touch with a mod. Can you do that? Or are you having trouble in getting messages pm'd?

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 10, 2010, 07:14:29 AM »
Thank you, Lindelle. Your explanations sound logical but neither situation apples to me; I rarely quote or even attach anything anymore. and, I am permanently logged on, no time limit except  when I move from SF to London, or the reverse.
 As I mention, these message are  odd, because my posts do go up anyway, so they seem to have no effect on their progress.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 10, 2010, 07:28:13 AM »
Ahhhhh, technical hitch then.

Are you going to speak to a mod as it would start to annoy me. Maybe it's something they aren't aware of.
OR do you just ignore it?

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2010, 07:40:43 AM »
Yes, I sent a message to FA about this but have not heard back yet. I know everyone is innundated with chores on the Forum plus it is vacation/holiday time for  some, but as long as they do not impede my posts, they are just annoying and I am patient.

Offline Margot

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2010, 08:24:52 AM »
Robert I also get the 'timed out' message frequently! It is really odd as I never ever got it as alixannencova, and as then I am logged in forever as far as I can tell! Very odd! Anyway I hope GPS gets her problem sorted with the banned issue...! Poor thing! Hopefully it will be sorted soon!

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2010, 08:43:52 AM »
 The really odd thing about GPS, is that she is obviously not banned, otherwise -, she could not post her messages.  Still, it is disconcerting and obviously upsets her.  It would anybody, especially if you have not done anything to be banned for.
 Could this possibly be someone hacking the Forum, I wonder ?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 08:53:16 AM by Robert_Hall »

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2010, 10:24:46 AM »
I thought I was able to solve my problem yesterday until I opened the forum today. The banning message showed up again and itís this:

Is this true or is it just my web browser that is doing this?

I solved the problem. GPS lives in the Philippines. I have a HUGE and terrible problem with spammers from the Philippines, sadly.  I have had to ban a whole section of IP addresses there to keep the spammers out.  When you see that ban message, you are using a different internet provider than the one you usually use, which is the one you post here.  Sadly, you will also have to clear the cache after each time you get the ban message. I'm sorry for this inconvenience.  I have a similar problem with some of our Russian users as well...

FA

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2010, 10:26:57 AM »
The "while you were writing" warning is part of the software, it just alerts you that while you were typing a post, someone else has already posted a new comment, which allows you to review the new comment BEFORE you post, to avoid double answering the same question etc.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2010, 11:36:50 AM »
I understand that, FA, and that is what I took it for, at first. Then I noticed no one had actually posted anything ! As I said, my post went through anyway,  it is just mildly annoying, I can live with it.

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2010, 02:43:35 AM »
Thank you very much for explaining and solving my problem, FA! When I logged in today, I donít have that message anymore : ))  Clearing the cache is not a hard work, anyway, so itís not a problem for me if Iíd get that message again.
I'm sorry for this inconvenience.
FA
Nothing to be sorry for : ) I am feeling so happy now because finally itís clear to me that Iím not banned.
And also aside from FA, I say my infinite thanks to Romanov History Buff (who sent me a PM), Robert, Lindelle, & Margot! God bless all of you!

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2010, 06:36:02 AM »
Ah, it was nothing.
Glad to help.

Offline BAL

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 13, 2010, 08:43:21 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen!
Greetings from Russia!
I apologize for the translation from Russian into English. Unfortunately I do not know English.
I's grandson Alexei Alexandrovich Bachkiroff. Zinaida Bachkiroff-Burke and her sister Xenia Bachkiroff-Krosley. This is my aunt. I am tracing the descendants of Zina and Xenia Bachkiroff. If someone that either is known about their fate, asking me to report.
Sincerely, Alexander Bachkiroff.