Author Topic: Suspended Users  (Read 103253 times)

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Suspended Users
« Reply #255 on: January 18, 2011, 09:14:50 PM »
So, it's relatively safe to come back then, without being sexually harrassed?

Offline Bluejade

• View Profile
Re: Suspended Users
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2012, 01:45:32 AM »
When I read Rob's first posting on this topic I thought he was being too harsh - then I saw the aliases being used by these three forum members and I was SHOCKED - I too have corresponded with them and had no idea that some of these different aliases were the same people.  I think sometimes you can pick up on certain words and phrases and recognise different names might likely be the same people, but I know I'm not one with that natural talent.

We all should be very careful of people/personalities we meet on the web so that we don't become victims of sociopaths who use the web for their own benefit at the expense of others.  According to Wiped an antisocial personality disorder is indicated by three or more of the following (an abbreviated list):

• failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest

I am a brand new member reading the stickies first to get an idea of how this forum operates.  In my situation there were political reasons for not identifying certain personal data etc.  The reason why I joined this forum is it has been suggested by some Google sites that there maybe historical accuracy here and I am searching for information on a bodyguard to the last tsar on behalf of my partner. His father was the son of a bodyguard and his grandfather was killed when the tsar was killed.  His father was hunted and for the rest of his life his father slept with a loaded 45 pistol under his pillow.  My partner is cautious and a bit anxious just in case there may be still some people hostile out there.   I hope there maybe some understanding in this regard at this forum.  Our interest is to find out a bit more about the family tree if possible and perhaps there maybe someone out there who is looking to see if my partner is a relative.

• reckless disregard for safety of self or others
  • consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain steady work or honor financial obligations
  • lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another

I am not suggesting that any of these former members of the Forum are sociopaths - I bring this up so that we can all be careful of people who use phony names on the web. If you suspect the 'person' you are chatting with on the web is a phony ask them for an address or telephone number so you can verify who they are.  If they decline to give it to you one can assume they have something to hide.

Bob