Author Topic: Just to put this out there...Romanov style!  (Read 269604 times)

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Just to put this out there...Romanov style!
« Reply #630 on: June 21, 2010, 05:04:20 PM »
It isn't showing, Gorseheart!!

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 21, 2010, 09:05:01 PM »
It isn't showing, Gorseheart!!
Oh sorry! It is on my computer.
"Today is like yesterday and tomorrow will be the same as today.  God, help us! Take pity of us!"~ Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich Romanov

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #632 on: June 22, 2010, 06:37:22 PM »
The lady looks like a 1700s noblewoman, so I don't think that the pair were married, unless one of them time-traveled!  ;D
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #633 on: July 06, 2010, 03:23:16 PM »
A Franklin Mint doll of Alexandra

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #634 on: July 06, 2010, 06:12:53 PM »
The doll looks like a glamour lady of the '40s or '50s. Hardly like Alix at all.
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #635 on: July 07, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »
I think its based in some actress who portrayed Alexandra. I cant remember what movie but im sure i ve seen Alicky portrayed as a red haired lady for some actress...

Nicholas in Sid meier`s Railroads

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline Katya90

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 11, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
I found this amusing... in cleaning out some things around the house, my mom found an old Denny's kids menu that had a bunch of games on the back of it, centered around the cartoon movie Anastasia. One of them was something like "Unscramble the clues to discover the secret message and defeat Rasputin!" I'd already solved the "puzzle" years ago, and I saw my seven-year-old handwriting in the words "Long live the Romanov family." I just thought it was neat that I'd written that years ago and now I'm so fascinated with them...

Offline LauraO

• Boyar
  • You cannot imagine the half of my suffering.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 12, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »
Hey! bit off topic but i'm going to france next week and i need to know anything romanov related that happened there ie, people buried there, who lived there. i'm going to paris but it can be anywhere in france. eg i know that marie lived there after the revolution. it can be anything, like, you know, the IF once went there one wednesday afternoon- lol. just so when i get back to the good old UK i don't find out something and regret not knowing it then, just so i can know while i'm there- thanks!

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 13, 2010, 09:21:38 AM »
Hehe, Katenka!
Lol, Katya!
Cool, TunaEars!! ^^ You can search in books or here in the forum and send pm's to people to know more about the Romanovs!!

Offline Katya90

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 13, 2010, 09:40:24 PM »
Does anyone watch Warehouse 13 on the SciFi Channel? They had an episode about Rasputin on tonight!

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #640 on: July 13, 2010, 10:01:02 PM »
I think its based in some actress who portrayed Alexandra. I cant remember what movie but im sure i ve seen Alicky portrayed as a red haired lady for some actress...
Janet Suzman, who played Alix  in Nicholas and Alexandra . I was about to say that's who the doll looks like as well.

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline LauraO

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 14, 2010, 12:21:11 PM »
i have got to just "put this out there romanov style" because i'm so mad about it. i was just randomly googling, as you do, and came across a website comparing the fox animation and the real romanovs. and now i'm REALLY annoyed. first thing to tick me off was there was a page for like every other member of the family excluding alix and alexei who got a tiny picture stuck in the corner of another odd page.
not only was so much info incorrect but it was just annoyingly worthy of killing someone.
firstly there was a whole long bit about how the romanovs went into hiding, followed by the biggest and most obvious go at olga i have ever seen. now don't get me wrong, i like all of the GD's equally really, i'm more of an alix fan, so i didn't think "olga abuse" would nag me so much, but it did, it went through the whole she was really snobby she didn't get on with anyone she was a major moody snob. followed by a whole thing on how tatiana was alixs favourite , i mean excuse me if i'm wrong but imo nicky and alix were equally devoted to there children. granted tatiana and alix got on very well due to there opposite tempraments but this does not mean favouratism, to really continue the rampage of ridicule there was a passage on how olga and tatiana didn''t get on a bit and always argued over who was prettier, alix would have killed them if that were true i mean COME ON! this website further suggested that N and A were "in on Rasputins murder", without puting it word for word, to make it sound me like they turned against him and therefore make it look like the fox film. i know this is a rant, and i know theres also threads discussing anti olga sites and the whole ludicrous T and O arguing thing, but i had to clear my mind and scream it at something. if you read this you must be really bored- lol.  if anyones interested in seeing this website i'll url it, just ask, too angry to  put it now. lol.

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #642 on: July 15, 2010, 04:00:55 PM »
TunaEars , Olga always comes in for a slam from the cartoon centered web sites ...she was older and (gasp) she READ books! Horrors! ...they are trying to make the cartoon Anastasia into some sort of Cinderella with mean step sisters.  Awful, like there isn't ENOUGH drama in the true story ?? As Olga is my favorite, I have avoided this cartoon...I have to think of my blood pressure!! LOL! 

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline TimM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 15, 2010, 05:17:51 PM »
Tatiana was certainly not a mean step sister to Anastasia. 
Cats: You just gotta love them!

Offline LauraO

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 16, 2010, 12:53:31 AM »
TunaEars , Olga always comes in for a slam from the cartoon centered web sites ...she was older and (gasp) she READ books! Horrors! ...they are trying to make the cartoon Anastasia into some sort of Cinderella with mean step sisters.  Awful, like there isn't ENOUGH drama in the true story ?? As Olga is my favorite, I have avoided this cartoon...I have to think of my blood pressure!! LOL! 

lol! i used to love the cartoon when i was younger but now it just sends me into an angry rampage- i was ranting about it to a friend in waterstones bookstore, and was so warapped up in ranting that i missed the two bottom steps on a flight of stairs and nearly broke my ankle- lol (but not at the time)