Author Topic: Just to put this out there...Romanov style!  (Read 258852 times)

Offline reashka

• Knyaz
  • Beautiful in any angle.
    • View Profile
    • Anne Frank Forum
Re: Just to put this out there...Romanov style!
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2007, 08:22:45 AM »
8 May 1913

My darling sweet dear Papa!!!

I want to see you so much.  I have just finished my arithmetic lesson, I think I did quite well.  We are going to the nurses' school.  I am very glad.  Today is is rainy and very damp.  I am in Tatiana's room.  Tatiana and Olga are here.
When you see Boba, tell him I'm going to beat him again and that my hands are itching.

I'm trying very hard to breed worms, and Olga says I think, which isn't true.  When you come I am going to bathe in your bath.  I hope you haven't forgotten the story I told you during our walk.

I am sitting picking my nose with my left hand.  Olga wanted to biff [smack] me one but I escaped her swinish hand.  When you come I will meet you at the station.  Be happy and healthy.

A big squeeze to your hand and face.  Thinking of you.  Love you always, everywhere.

Anastasia

Question: Who is Boba?
Dare not to be indifferent

Offline reashka

• Knyaz
  • Beautiful in any angle.
    • View Profile
    • Anne Frank Forum
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2007, 03:41:02 AM »
Another question (rather silly, I guess). Did the girls (at least OT) ever plucked their eyebrows? LOL, because on some pictures (close up) I noticed that their brows looked as if it was plucked? :rolleyes:
Dare not to be indifferent

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2007, 03:03:07 PM »
Another question (rather silly, I guess). Did the girls (at least OT) ever plucked their eyebrows? LOL, because on some pictures (close up) I noticed that their brows looked as if it was plucked? :rolleyes:

There's been many threads about body hair.  :D I think it was likely they did pluck or shave at least a little. Especially for formal photos. They wouldn't look exactly formal with thick eyebrows or hairy pits.

TheAce1918

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2007, 07:58:26 PM »

There's been many threads about body hair.  :D I think it was likely they did pluck or shave at least a little. Especially for formal photos. They wouldn't look exactly formal with thick eyebrows or hairy pits.

Oh man, now that is an off image.  :o

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2007, 08:58:19 PM »

Eyebrows are one thing, but I certainly can't think of a single photo in which underarm hair would have half a chance of showing...
 ::)
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline aussiechick12

• Graf
  • .Darling Diana.
    • View Profile
    • Tatiana Romanova
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2007, 10:49:17 PM »
I need a few things dated for me, could someone help?

"Cameo like profile . . . a lovely rose maiden and as pure as flower" - Lili Dehn on Tatiana.
www.tatianaromanova.piczo.com

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2007, 05:25:46 PM »
L to R:

1913, 1910, 1915 (or 1916 -- I'll have to double check to be sure)
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2007, 11:34:49 AM »
L to R:

1913, 1910, 1915 (1915--I think that one was taken in 1915)

Offline GrandDuchess_2011

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2007, 06:07:46 PM »
ftp://http://www.home.earthlink.net/~alexofdenmark/
I found this site while looking pics of the romanovs. It's wierd IMHO. Your thoughts? Click on 'The DNA connection.' They seem to say that Stalin was the person that ordered their execution! Stalin wasn't until the 1940-50's, right?
P.S. Even if Alix was the daughter of this queen, she wouldn't be princess of wales. Only the wife of the prince of wales is the princess of wales. ;D Just sayin'! This site is full of factual errors!  ::) Will they ever learn?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 06:19:10 PM by GrandDuchess_2011 »

I'm Nastya!!

Offline Natasya

• I like Russia, history, and Russian history.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2007, 04:08:58 PM »
Yeah, that is weird.....
And Stalin was after Lenin died, 1930's and 40's, and they seem to say that because the Romanovs were killed, it gave Stalin power and caused him to be a murderer. Again, that site is weird!
A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's prooven.
-Jean Chretien

Offline GrandDuchess_2011

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2007, 08:39:56 PM »
Ya... Just like those people who claim Alexei escaped to Area 51... Now THAT is weird.

I'm Nastya!!

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2007, 05:14:49 PM »
None of that stuff is true it is a fake those pictures are not of the same person. Those are other people trying to pretend to be members of the family. :)

Offline Missy-T

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2007, 09:52:26 AM »
I was wondering.. everyone calls the grand duchesses OTMA, and a lot of books, sites etc say that they signed their letters and stuff with it. But I actually never saw it anywhere! Someone knows more about it?

TheAce1918

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2007, 10:22:49 AM »
There are a couple of photos of letters, postcards, and telegrams with that signature on it.  I believe that some of these photos were posted somewhere on here.  If not, a good example is Louis Mountbatten's book Mountbatten: Eighty Years in Pictures

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2007, 09:00:54 AM »
I just the other day ran across a poem composed to "OTMA" by Pyotr Petrovich in 1910. It's on page 90 of Nicholas II: The Imperial Family. Unfortunately, I can't scan the image without breaking the binding of the book....